main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* Reversal of Fortune Thread (daily webstrip lead up to ROTS!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I was really getting interested in the events on Coruscant, with the Jedi still having *some* nominal authority over the clones, and the increase in security.

This prison break stuff is okay, but I agree that the art is very hard to understand in some panels. I think Tom Hodges is a great artist, but sometimes I don't know what happened.

That's okay, I'm actually enjoying it overall.

2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I totally agree on that. Usually Barriss is one of my favourite characters, but right now all the prison scenes are boring because you don't understand what's happening. It was much better with scenes that are taking place on Coruscant.

3. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    They just used the exclamation "Jango's Bones!" in today's installment. Ouch. Who's approving this stuff? Must be the Holiday Special team reunited for one special engagement.

4. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    ha ha ha storm.

I was just going to say, today's installment was alright, but it contained the greatest line of all time.

"Jango's Bones!" is even better than "Great Scott!"

5. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Almost as cool as "Wizards!!!"

6. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    I JUST saw the "Jango's Bones" thing and was gonna post about it. We all think alike ;)

Wow, that's just... wow. :p

7. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    "Males"

I love that sassy Aayla.

8. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    As do I, but not for the same reasons. [face_laugh]

9. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Just got the latest Republic comic in the mail. She's looking pretty buff. Almost a little too much. Combine that with the sarcastic 'males' comment...much fear do I have...much fear...

10. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Is it just me or is this becoming less interesting because of "Labyrinth of Evil"? This whole Palpatine/Shaak Ti/Stass Allie thing on Coruscant... it's sort of like, been there, done that. I hope that the strip will reveal something we don't already know.

11. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Agreed. I think they'll maybe get more into the Senate and the increased security.

I liked how we saw how RoF fit into the events in LoE - so THAT'S why Nute was out of the loop in the comic strip.

And we'll see what's going on with the Outer Rim.

12. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Yeah, the events on Utapau are what interest me the most, I hope we get back there. But I presume Grevious went straight from Utapau to Coruscant. And the remaining Seperatists aren't really that exciting.

Now that Barriss is in the Aayla story, I'd like to see what happens when they get back to Coruscant (I presume they do anyway). More Padmé/Bail stuff would be nice. And I don't suppose there will be any Anakin/Obi-Wan because we've pretty much got them covered until the movie... at least I think we do.

13. Seigiryu

Seigiryu Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2002
    I agree.

Then again, on the Anakin/Obi Wan front, in comic strip 31 Palpatine mentions sending them to Tythe to capture Count Dooku, Yoda expresses reservations, but Mace reluctantly agrees. Will this be shown in future strips, or is their adventure to Tythe shown in the Clone Wars second season or Labyrinth of Evil (doesn't this comic strip take place the latest though?)

Just a thought, so we might end up seeing Anakin/Obi Wan in this strip after all

14. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    That mission is fully covered in "Labyrinth of Evil." There's really not much extra they could do in the webstrip.

Both are taking place simultaneously, so it's hard to say now which will be the "closest" to the movie... because we're literally talking days/hours before. The book ends with Palpy's kidnapping, Dooku and Anakin/Obi-Wan heading to Coruscant. One assumes that when Ani/Obi get back they will immediately go after Dooku. This is a very narrow window of time.

15. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Am I forgetting something or who is this new Jedi from the last couple days?

16. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    We don't know nothing.

My guess - Whie.

17. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    I thought about that.... I hope so, that'd be excellent.

18. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    What I find interesting is the line that Aayla says to her padawan regarding Bly on strip 50 "He's more loyal then I am. He stays."

I also like that Jedi at the end, as he seems to have quite a fearless streak in him.

19. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Hmmm...Tom Hodges, the RoF artist, said in the 3SA that the webstrip is about to get crazy for all the characters.

I.e., the action steps up a notch.

20. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Excellent.

Though action is hard because we only get a teeny bit at a time.

21. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    So they conveniently didn't mention that Padawan's name... though he's with Master Corobb, of course Whie's first Master died so... tell us dammit!

22. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    And for those who didn't catch the reference, Master Corobb is the Ithorian mentioned in LoE as one of the four Jedi with Palpatine when Grievous attacks, and along with the Talz is one of the two Jedi Shaak Ti can't recall having seen before (the joke being that they were the two Jedi who lost the vote to appear in the CW cartoon).

23. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Well spotted. Thanks!

24. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Well, I think between the three of us, we could act as a Clone Wars compendium for 3NS. ;)

This is tying in directly with Reversal of Fortune now.

Which I don't really understand - even given the various subplots, there's still 100 days until ROTS...

25. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    :p

Well I suppose if you made a tiny webstrip from all the events during the Battle of Coruscant in "Labryinth" you might get 100 days worth... I suppose RoF will cover parallel events to the novel because we've already caught up to the exact same time.

And there's still the possibility we'll revisit Utapau.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.