Discussion Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII - Spoilers Allowed' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Fastback Jedi Master

star 1
    IMO 30yrs later with EU staying the way it is. The new trio should be Jacen, Jania and Ben. VII could have Jacen flow walking in the past showing his struggles with the death of Anakin and Chewie so it can be a little back story of what happen to them. The new trilogy will be about Jacen becoming the next Sith master due to his struggles dealing with the death of loved ones and the vision of the future he sees and wants to prevent. This future he see's will be the seed for the next trilogy who knows. This all comes from EU it makes sense to us who read it and those who have not well it will be and all new story no matter.
  2. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    But I'm guessing Mr. Abrams and friends will be throwing most of that stuff (thankfully) out the window.
    Krueger and T-R- like this.
  3. T-R- Chosen One

star 4
    [IMG]

I think they should just label it as in universe holodramas as reference in Shadows of Mindor and leave it at that. Fictional accounts of real life people just like Patton or any other movie based on a real person.
    Last edited by T-R-, Mar 21, 2014
    Krueger and DarthBreezy like this.
  4. T-R- Chosen One

star 4
    sorry for the double post
    Last edited by T-R-, Mar 21, 2014
  5. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    [IMG]
  6. T-R- Chosen One

star 4
    [IMG]
    Krueger and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  7. Darth Claire Force Ghost

star 4
  8. Pro Scoundrel Force Ghost

star 4
    OFFICIAL FIRST LOOK AT NEW STAR WARS CANON!!!

[IMG]
  9. Krueger Force Ghost

star 4
    [IMG]
    TKT and T-R- like this.
  10. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    Definitely not.
    Lurknomore likes this.
  11. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Don't be mad at me Sherriff Tommy Lee Jones!
  12. Ryus Force Ghost

star 4
    [IMG]
    This thread...
    Last edited by Ryus, Mar 21, 2014
    T-R-, Buddha Fett, Krueger and 3 others like this.
  13. fett 4 Chosen One

star 4
    Ironic since Patton himself was a prime mover in making fictional accounts about himself.
  14. cronedoggy Jedi Master

star 1
    Can we stop spamming the board with stupid gifs?
    TigerCraneFist likes this.
  15. Fastback Jedi Master

star 1
    Gifs are the only thing they can come up with to argue agaist EU commen sense logic. ;)
  16. plaidphoenix Force Ghost

star 4
    If there's a logic to the EU, I have yet to see it.
    T-R- likes this.
  17. Fastback Jedi Master

star 1
    Ha see it... you must read it and not everything you have seen from Lucas PT or OT had logic either.
  18. plaidphoenix Force Ghost

star 4
    No, my point is, given the large numbers of authors, artists and creative talents involved in the EU, it's difficult if not impossible for some, if not all of the collective waters to be muddled and it only gets more muddled when you combine them with the OT, PT, TCW and every inconsistent statement George Lucas has made over the last 35+ years.
  19. Fastback Jedi Master

star 1
    You don't have to combine them all in next saga or expain every that happen that last 30 yrs, you only have to start after all that has happen and it will be an all new triology for all.
  20. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6

[IMG]

So very, very tired...

But until we get leaks/conformation/the movie actually comes out - yes, I believe the denial will continue to the bitter end - there will be this.

I'm curious about the supposed new Luke book that is coming out - and pray it's free of red mange.
    Krueger likes this.
  21. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Sweet. Jesus. Why did I open this thread?

A couple of points:

1. I like some EU, but Jacen becoming a Sith was monumentally ****ing stupid, not to mention a retcon of earlier material about him and the total slander of a great character, Vergere, in order to make the monumentally ****ing stupid plot point work.

We're talking about the same set of books that had a 60-year-old Leia wearing Daisy Dukes and talking to Han about bondage and ordering their daughter to kill their son, and had another great character, Tahiri, molesting a 14-year-old Ben Skywalker.

Yeah, kill it with fire.

2. The timeline coinciding with the end of the NJO makes me hope that the LOTF books are being retconned, not kept, even if Disney decides to keep the NJO, which had its good and bad points.

3. Also hoping the upcoming Luke book is free of "red mange." (Just started the recently released Han book taking place between ANH and ESB and it is ****ing awesome. Make it into a film, Disney.)
  22. Ryus Force Ghost

star 4
    Warning. Stupid is a subjective term. Clarifaction is required least the torture never end :p
    plaidphoenix likes this.
  23. Buddha Fett Chosen One

star 4

I keep checking this hoping for rational discussion, and always end up thinking this… :oops:
    Last edited by Buddha Fett, Mar 22, 2014
    Pro Scoundrel and TigerCraneFist like this.
  24. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    For the love of all that's holy - STAY OUT OF THE 'Who Should play Luke's Wife?' thread...
  25. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Just the title of that one would keep me out.
    TigerCraneFist likes this.