main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Yes, please! Tarkin is awesome in TCW. I love to watch him so much.

2. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
  3. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Yeah me too! That means that we probably will se some CW characters return like Hondo. As well as I've said in an eariler post keep following Tarkin and getting Yularen back! (Yularen has only said one sentance since season 2)

4. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    As long as they have Jedi and cut back on Marysoka, I think I'll be at least mildly interested.

anakinfansince1983 and Esg like this.
  5. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    What's wrong with having Ahsoka in it? Imagine the Emperor sending Vader to hunt down a "Jedi who survived Order 66" and it turns out to be Ahsoka? That would be an incredibly emotional duel.

6. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
  7. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Wow, they keep updating that TFN story with all the "easter eggs" buried in that video, that's a fun activity in this down time. Really cool to see that it's pointing towards Dark Times era, so they'll potentially deal with Ventress, possibly Bane/Boba, Ahsoka, maybe even Rex if he goes AWOL. They could even pick up on the Mandalore stuff. Am I getting my expectations too high?

Also interesting on the clue that the Gargoyles creator is involved, isn't that the show Seerow and some others really liked?

When do we think the show will be ready, just guesses?

"In those first dark days it seemed certain the bright flame would be extinguished before it cast the light of new truth."

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    ^For some reason when I read the quote I imagine Peter Cullen saying it.

Interesting easter eggs. Greg Wiesman would be an interesting choice to work on a Darktimes show. This is all just really elaborate speculation based on background however. If a show like this is in production, research would be very early stage and it'll be a long time before we see anything. If it turns out voice work has been done by Steven Stanton and Nikka Futterman for the show then its possible its fairly far along and the pilot is well into production.

9. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Wait for the HondoTooni shipping to raise its ugly head.

And you thought the various "Sokas" were disturbing. At least she was post pubescent.

If it is Dark Times, I hope we get the Falcon in it. Even cooler if it first appears as the Stellar Envoy, the Second Chance or the Gone to Pieces.

Appearances by Han Solo optional. Wasn't Han an Imperial TIE pilot originally? That could be interesting to explore...

10. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Perhaps it's worth mentioning that the Aurebesh message from the "Stay on target" link translates to*:
    [​IMG]
    "Striking First so You Can't Strike Back."

Another clue to an upcoming Dark Times series?

*From a user in the ST forums.

11. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    I remember back before anything was official I had theorized in another post that maybe TCW would continue, but not with the TCW title, instead being re-branded as a post EpIII dark times show.

Well, obviously TCW did wind up getting cancelled, but maybe I wasn't so far off from the general direction Dave seems to be going in.

I sense interesting things are yet to come.

12. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    You mention elaborate speculation... but can we agree these were very deliberately placed clues? Which parts are speculation?

13. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    Perhaps Tim Curry would transition to this show to play Palpatine?

14. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Why not just McDiarmid? I mean he's not a really heavily in demand actor for other stuff, is he? I can't think of seeing him in a lot of stuff.

(This is where I get made to look a fool by being told all the stuff he is tied up in now that I know nothing of...)

CaptainRegor likes this.
  15. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    He like playing Palpatine and have stated that he would like to play him in the life action show, but the thing is McDiarmid is a theater actor I wonder if it can be done smoothtly having him voicing the show then. Anyhow if McDiarmid voiced Palpy that would be awesome

16. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    Oh I'd love McDiarmid, but I don't think voice acting is his thing. I also think he lives in London and is doing theater work right now.

17. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Gotta love the hype that is building up concerning the new animated project; these little sneak peeks & hints we're getting are quite nice and some things are definitely really interesting. We'll just have to wait and see it unfurl.

18. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Three words:

(1) Told..
    (2) You...
    (3) SO!

;)

*another puff of smoke*

19. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    I bet Darth Maul will be the primary villain in the new show, it makes sense after all that build upp

20. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I actually want Darth Maul to appear in the Dark Times era. He's too good a villain and besides, the ending of The Lawless was left pretty damn open-ended. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

21. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    I hope Maul doesn't get redeemed to the lightside or some stupid crud like that. They already ruined him bad enough in TCW.

Sitara and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  22. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    They actually didn't.

JasonW and Togruta like this.
  23. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    They ruined him the moment they brought him back.

He was cleaved through the middle of his guts (severed abdominal aorta, extremely rapid death) and then fell down a thousand foot shaft with a trash incinerator at the bottom. The idea that he survived is insulting really.

His ruination was complete when he ended up grovelling and begging in front of Sidious. I wanted to vomit.

24. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    If it does end up being a Dark Times era show it would make Disney's decision to cancel TCW not seem nearly as bad. They could even give TCW a proper conclusion through flashbacks.

I was sure that the new series would be a tie in to the ST but if you think about it Disney would want to develop all the ST characters through the movies and not necessarily through a t.v. show that probably only a small percentage of the fan base would see.

25. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    If it does end up being a Dark Times series it would make Disney's decision to cancel TCW not seem nearly as bad. Many of the same characters would likely appear in the new series and they could even give TCW its proper conclusion through flashback information.

I'm sure RFR will spend about thirty minutes talking about this new bit of information.