main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
  2. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    The title of this article is a bit clickbait-y. Basically all that's happened is Justin Ridge has stepped up. Dave is still Executive Producer. Pablo has also confirmed on Twitter that no-one is stepping down and that's all there is to it. LINK

Justin has been working on TCW and Rebels since Season 1 (he did Rookies and Innocents of Ryloth among others) so I have no doubts he is nothing to fear.

4. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I think he's working in the next animated series which may or may not be released alongside Rebels in the future. That's just a guess, though.

5. Justrec

Justrec Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 13, 2014

Dave is one of many Executive Producers still but he's no longer directly creating the show, that's now Justin's job. Dave is going to be overseeing all Lucasfilm Animation projects, including Rebels as well as this new show we've been hearing about. I'm super excited about this because this means we're closer to getting a new show. I'm ready to turn my attention to that.

6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Okay, I need someone to post a credible source for this "new show" on the horizon before I believe any of it.

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Jen Muro@JENmuro
    Lothcat's out of the bag. Bottom line: it's a new thing & I've taken my first step into a larger world. #Lucasfilm

4those privately asking about Lucasfilm, yes I'm the writer & no it's not something on the air now. That's all I can say! & Thx 4all the!​
    — Jen Muro (@JENmuro) August 3, 2016

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ar-wars-tv-series-primetime-plans-more-928151

And update about Filoni with a statement from Lucasfilm

Justrec and cwustudent like this.
  8. Justrec

Jun 13, 2014
    There was also a job opening not too long ago for something about a new lucasfilm animation unrelated to rebels. I personally think Rebels is ending after season 4, and this will be announced soon after.

9. LinAjax

LinAjax Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2016
    Season 4 seems right. Wonder what is next animated wise. Granted they stretched out Clone Wars longer then I thought possible.

10. Justrec

Jun 13, 2014
    Actually, season 4 makes a whole lot of sense, considering it's a show on disney channel/disney XD, and I don't think I've seen a show make it to season 5, even popular ones. Especially animated ones. I remember them canceling popular stuff like kim possible and suite life and stuff when the ratings were stupid high.

11. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    New Rebels Recon:

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Starwarsfan9000 We have a dedicated thread for recons. No need to post them all over the place.

13. Fandalorian

Fandalorian Jedi Master star 3

Apr 18, 2015
    Not as good as Siege of Lothal, but a pretty strong season opener nevertheless.

Likes.
    The return of the Mining Guild. (and their unique TIE's)
    Ezra being a boss!.
    The origin of gold squadron's Y-Wings.
    Hondo!!!!!!.
    Thrawn' being Thrawn.

Dislikes.
    Ezra being a... Anakin.
    Not enough Hondo!!!!!.
    Kanan's issues resolved a little quickly.

Overall a solid 7.5 out of 10.

14. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  15. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Pretty sure the Sith Artifact mentioned in the Description for Holocrons of Fate is the Dark Saber.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  16. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I don't think the Dark Saber is a Sith artefact. It was an ancient Jedi weapon stolen by Mandalorians, but found its way into Maul's hand.

cwustudent and Erkan12 like this.
  17. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I thought they would get back the holocron from Bendu, but didn't Vizsla say the Darksaber was stolen from the Jedi temple during the fall of the Old Republic? Not really a Sith artifact.

cwustudent and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  18. Grievpalpy75

Dec 31, 2015
    Maybe when the Jedi defeated the Sith they kept it.
    Black Lightsabers dont't fit Jedi

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  19. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Well, since we know they built the temple above a Sith temple, I guess it's highly possible it belonged to them first.

20. AdmiralSteven

AdmiralSteven Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 23, 2010
    Hey, everyone!

I'll start by saying that my research skills is less than stellar, but I have googled and can't find when, or if, Star Wars Rebels season 3 will be on iTunes. I would assume it would be, but I've not been able to find anything on it. In the past I've been able to purchase the season pass by now, but I've not found anything on iTunes regarding this. Anyone have any ideas on when or if iTunes will carry it? Thanks

21. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I merged your thread with our Official Rebels thread. Im not sure when it goes up on I-Tunes though. Have you tried Amazon video.

22. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    iTunes is notoriously slow to put up Rebels episodes. In my experience it can as soon as the next day or as late as a week after airing. You're probably better off just paying a buy extra on your cable bill and watching it live on Disney XD. It's what I decided to do for Season 3.

23. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Maybe crystal changed at some point- it may be that it has synthetic crystal now or something.

24. TheNerdyOne_

TheNerdyOne_ Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2015
    Why not? The Darksaber is from a very different time, who knows what the Jedi looked like.

25. Grievpalpy75

Dec 31, 2015
    Jedi don't wear black,Sith do