main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    They need to amp up their planetary budgets for that one. I would love a series about Luke traveling around, teaching others about the Force, trying to rebuild what the Empire tried to deny. We could meet a variety of people, with a variety of reasons for accepting or rejecting his teachings. We could see Luke seeking out knowledge on how to become a better Jedi, from old people who knew Jedi, from holocrons and ruins. We could see him decide what kind of Jedi he wants to be. We could understand how the Force religions formed (Lor San Tekka's and the Dark Side one), and why a belief in the Force didn't really catch on quickly. We could see Luke's self-conflict about whether he wants to distance himself from the politics and fighting of the Rebels or not... torn between loyalty to friends and his larger purpose. What enemies still haunt Luke, and how and why he and the Solos ended up far from Coruscant by Ep 7. I'd say there's enough for a decent show there. And, I don't think there's anything wrong with the protagonist of an animated show being an adult, as long as they still have room to grow (worked for Batman...). Luke's got plenty of room in that regard.

Dinos4Ever and cwustudent like this.
  2. TheNerdyOne_

TheNerdyOne_ Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2015
    As long as Rae Sloane makes some appearances I'll be happy.
    Also an episode showing Ahsoka coming across Anakin's lightsaber and giving it to Maz. Assuming that's a possibility given her ambiguous fate.

Darth Basin and Dinos4Ever like this.
  3. The Mirificus

Aug 25, 2015
    Everybody worth anything could connect up! Cause, for example, Luke wants to find people like Ahsoka (and is getting better and sensing other Force users through the Force), but then people like Rae keep showing up. She's mad the Empire fell. She used to have such a good job! Or she thinks Leia and Mon Mothma's government is lame and inefficient. And poor Luke's trying to figure out if ALL of the Galaxy's problems are necessarily HIS problems. Tough choices when being the only Jedi... his lessons will end up granting him serenity and wisdom, and paradoxically connect him with others through the Force while secluding himself from the conflict that could consume him in despair, endanger his life, and distract him from his main goal: reviving the role of the Force in the Galaxy.

Watto likes this.
  4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    They're too far away for Luke until maybe season 5 or something, but it would start to get ridiculous at some point. I think the Marvel series covers Luke and friends adventures.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That's Grand Admiral to you

Darth Basin and TheNerdyOne_ like this.
  6. The Mirificus

Aug 25, 2015

We were hypothesizing about the new post ROTJ series. Luke in Rebels, imo, would NOT be a good idea.

cwustudent likes this.
  7. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    How about Biggs instead?

Now about a post ROTJ show? Oh god no! I don't think my heart can take an episode when/if Luke visits Han, Leia.........and baby Ben! :(

8. The Mirificus

Aug 25, 2015

Biggs would be great, later on. It makes sense to me that the first Rebel pilots would be a) people from worlds already in conflict with the Empire like Ryloth and b) Imperial cadets who actually know what the Empire is up to. Citizens of backwater worlds shouldn't be joining on until the Rebellion becomes more of a known entity. I'd also like to see hints of a Rebel communication network that takes up where Ephraim and Mira Bridger left off -- educating large numbers of citizens that the Empire is bad, and an alternative is possible. Most of those citizens don't do anything yet, but a few, like Biggs, take the risk to join up. Others might help in smaller ways ex. sheltering Rebels, providing intel.

9. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I want to see a post Rebels pre-Rouge One show. We have gotten 2 (3 counting microseries) shows in a row with a focus on Jedi and darksiders. Let see a show that deals with just normal people. Pilots/agents/troopers on both sides. A rebellion that has no Jedi help. I wouldn't mind a few Rebel character cameos. There could be a force sensitive, such as a canon Kyle Katarn, etc. But by having no Jedi and no duels, it creates a different type of show then what we are used to.

10. TheNerdyOne_

May 24, 2015
    If they're going to do that, I would rather it be post-ESB. That way they could show the actual rebellion in full swing, liberating planets and truly fighting the Empire. Another pre-ANH show would just be Rebels without the Force wielders, and pre-ESB is already being covered by the comics, they should at least do something a bit different. Plus we don't know if Rebels is going to feed into Rogue One or not.

Though, for me personally, I think the Jedi/Sith/Force is what makes Star Wars unique. I don't mind those being included at all, even the more mystical side of things. I don't really want a show that doesn't focus on them to some degree.

Justrec likes this.
  11. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    I think Biggs was entering the "academy" circa the time of Rebels is in now in the old canon.

12. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    I prefer pre-ANH because the Rebellion neither has Luke Skywalker nor the Hope that came and the changes that happened with the destruction of the death star. And it doesn't have to be a show like Rebels but without Jedi. Rebels doesn't have much focus on the military of the Rebellion, which would be emphasized in this hypothetical series. Also agents used for top secret missions and spying would play a role. Perhaps the series connects there episodes together more so then Rebels. Of course it can also flesh out the Imperial side (even giving them their own episodes). There could also be a darker tone to this show. To conclude, there are various ways we could get another pre-ANH show about Rebellion and Empire that is still quite different then Rebels.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Also I like the Pre ANH part. Enter because we don't know as much about it as POST

14. TheNerdyOne_

May 24, 2015
    Yes, but my point is why do we need two series set in the same time period?

They could also do everything you said in a post-ESB series.

Justrec and Sandtrooper956 like this.
  15. Justrec

Justrec Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 13, 2014
    Normally I would agree with you, but this show airs on one of the disney channels. As I've said before, they rarely have shows running past 4 seasons, no matter how popular they are. They usually just cancel their most popular shows they've had in years just because it reached its fourth season. I actually don't think any show on a disney channel has went past four seasons. But because this is a major Star Wars property, MAYBE this will be receiving some type of special treatment. I believe there might be a 50/50 chance this new show is being produced solely because they know they wont get a season 5. I won't be surprised if season 4 marks the end of Rebels or if both new shows run side by side.

16. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Rather it goes 4 or 5 seasons it should have a proper ending. Like the last episode takes place with the Tantive 4 leaving to get Kenobi or something similar.

17. Justrec

Justrec Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 13, 2014
    Yeah and when people are saying the show will be ending after season 4, they mean it's going to have a proper ending, 100%. This isn't the clone wars all over again. I think the end of this season will show a huge climax, and season 4 gives us a proper ending to the characters.

18. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Yes. They die in a blaze of glory!

19. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    Kanan vs Vader. He dies to buy time for his friends to escape. Ezra should be dead or fell to the darkside....or both by this point. As kanan was the first Jedi introduced in this show, he should be the last one this show focuses on. Besides killing the apprentice off before master would be a change of pace.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I doubt they all die.

21. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Ok.....some die.......Hera & Sabine become Hutt girls :D

Erkan12 likes this.
  22. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    No, never. Get out. Please walk yourself out now, and don't make me call security.

23. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Tumblr_lxycobDCIx1r13t1p.gif

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Um....no.

25. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Sabine and Hera are both too strong-willed to be subjected to such a low and subordinate position.