main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* TCW televised series Trailer on CN Reactions Thread (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by WedgeWalker, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMcguffin

TheMcguffin Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    I just picked up on a glaring continuity error in the trailer. We see Obi-Wan Kenobi squaring off with the droid general, but I clearly remember that same droid general stating in Episode III: "You fool...I've been trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku."

...Something that would clearly be said during their first lightsaber battle. :oops:

2. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Maybe Grievous is just really, really dense. :p

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yeah, we were talking about this in the Grievous thread.

I agree that their ROTS battle certainly appears to be their first combat meeting, but it doesn't necessarily have to be.

I think the opportunity to have more Obi-Wan vs. Grievous was just too good to pass up. [face_laugh]

4. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    is this the trailer for one show or the entire series.

cause if its the series then its nothing really.

oh and its gonna be a half an hour?

5. TheTelmarine

TheTelmarine Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2008
    One show?! Are you kidding me?! From the amount of footage in that trailer, how can you possibly think it's just for one show? :confused:

6. Yodi_Bear

Yodi_Bear Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2008
    A very good trailer, I think it is.

7. Thorn058

Thorn058 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2008
    I have two points about the General and Obi-wan's fight.

First doesn't one of the books talk about the CIS messing with his brain so he didn't remember that they basically stabbed him in the back. If they did it once why not multiple times. We saw it in LotF all the time a Force mind wipe. It is weak I know but it is a plot device.

Also the line "you fool I have been trained in the Jedi Arts by Count Dooku" only establishes that he has been trained by Dooku doesn't mean that he didn't face Obi-wan or numerous other Jedi before then and won by cunning or brute force. I think people fixate on one thing too much and exclude many possibilties

8. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Yes, and I've argued that before.

But to me, it's pretty clear in ROTS that they're setting it up as the first time they meet.

Obi-Wan easily disposes of the IG-100 MagnaGuards, and then waltzes up to Grievous. "Your move." "You fool! I've been trained in the Jedi arts by Count Dooku!"

Sure sounds like it's the first time they've had a run-in, but like I said, I'm totally willing to dismiss it because TCW is awesome. :D

9. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Yeah, but they already had a run in before that in the battle over Coruscant. Obi-Wan vs Grievous seems possible continuity wise, its Anakin vs Grievous which would be much more problematic....."I was expecting someone taller"-Grevious to Anakin on the Invisible Hand. The same scene hints that Grievous already knows who Kenobi is.

10. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    That's my mindset too. I'm not going to let my continuity fears ruin my TCW expierience. I spent the 1st week after Ahsoka was "announced" as Anakin's padawan worrying. And now, I'm just going to enjoy everything. When the series is over and there are things that we don't have explanations for, then I will worry about contiunity-but now-I want to enjoy Star Wars again

11. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I don't mind if Lucas overwrites the EU a bit, but he should make an effort not to contridict his own film.

And I loved the little shot of the Mon Cal Jedi. I'm sure he's fodder, but still cool!

12. Yodi_Bear

Yodi_Bear Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2008
    Agree with this, I do!

13. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    This was pretty cool. there's some things I'm not liking so far, but still I'm looking forward to seeing this series. Cool stuff.

14. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    I agree that the 'You fool!' line of Grievous is troublesome if he is indeed referring to his lightsaber training, but previous encounters between Obi-Wan and Grievous do make the former's quick disarming of the latter more palatable to me. Having dealt with Grievous in the past, Obi-Wan has seen how he fights and has been able to devise a counter since then. It lowers Obi's abilities a bit, but it makes Grievous a little less pathetic, which I'm all for.

EDIT: After reading Garth_Maul's excerpt for the RotS novel in the Grievous thread, I wonder if the "I've been trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku" isn't as much "So what? I can use Lightsabers too!" as "Count Dooku has been my instructor, so be afraid." It could be a fact that Obi-Wan was thus far unaware of and Grievous is using it to psyche him out. This especially works if they've fought to stalemates before as this would be Grievous using psychological warfare on his opponent.

15. KazeYama

KazeYama Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 15, 2008
    I'm really excited. I loved the movie and that trailer got me more excited than the movie trailers did. I can't wait to see Anakin on the ground and in space showing his strength. Also I was surprised at Plo Koon's voice but I really liked it. A whole season of SW shows not to mention however many more episodes/seasons after that. October can't get here soon enough.

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Awesome trailer. Grievous- check. Big stuff to blow up- check. Y-Wings-check!

He's also both Megatron on Transformers Animated and the original Shockwave from TF G1.

Not necessarily- it's implied Dooku doesn't train Grievous until later in the war, going by his scenes in Volume 2 and LOE. So if Obi-Wan and Grievous fight now, the ROTS line just means "You fool- you think this will be like the last time we met? Now I've been trained your Jedi arts by Dooku, so be afraid punk!"

(ok, maybe not that last part ;) )

This isn't the first time it's happened, and it probably won't be the last ;)

17. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Quest - I knew you'd like the Y-Wings. ;)

With respect to Grievous' training, I'm actually re-reading Labyrinth right now, and in Dooku's POV, he talks about training Grievous from the very beginning. I'm pretty sure. I think he had ongoing training to refine his saberplay, and that certainly occurs in LOE, but Dooku was his trainer from the start.

18. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Quest:
    This isn't the first time it's happened, and it probably won't be the last

Oh, this I realize, but still my hope is he sticks to the original plan, whatever that might be:p

On Grievous's training, he becomes Grievous basically two years before Geonosis and begins to train with Dooku after Geonosis according to the Unknown Soldier article in Insider #86. Of course even before he begins lightsaber training he has already killed Jedi, thus the reason Dooku decides to train him in the first place, according to that article.

19. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008
    Because Kiner's work sounds nothing like Star Wars. Laughable at best.

20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    [image=http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa163/The2ndQuest/Misc/Y-Wing-CW.jpg]

Just a little ;)

My mistake- I knew it was portrayed in LOE, didn't recall the historical reference.

21. ThePriminister

ThePriminister Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2005
    Fantastic.

"You CANT defeat us all!"

"Of coarse I can!"

I love that, with the Empire Asteroid Chase music playing. General Grevious=Awesome

The space battles, the humor, the lightsaber fights, and of coarse...Y-Wings!

I too noticed the more detailed finishing on the whole show, as appose to the movie, which I thought still looked pretty cool.

22. AnakinBrego

AnakinBrego Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2004
    The animation looks better than the theater 3 episode pilot. The character animation is more expressive.

23. STUBRIS

STUBRIS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    I really enjoyed the movie..I think it's great fun..........But that Trailer is 1,000,000x better than anything we saw in the film. The denser visuals, the broader scope..it just looks & feels more 'star wars-y' :D

24. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008
    There is one specific shot that impressed me. It was the one when Anakin and his padawan are deflecting shots side by side. Almost looked real. My question is why the theatrical release wasn't nearly as polished.

25. Jensaarai-defender

Jensaarai-defender Jedi Master star 1

Sep 1, 2008
    My guess is because the movie was made from the pilot episodes of the series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.