main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**Official** - The Cutting Floor

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Hankytonk, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    1. I would add more yoda fighting battle driods
    2. I would add plo koon and ki adi on the ship.
    3. I would add aurra sing in the movie were ankin kills her.
    4. I would add more of padmes famliy.
    5. I would add more tuskin raider scence but have qui gon and yoda knowing the pain in the scene.
    6. I show more count dooku.
    7. I show more of the gladaitor scene.
    8. Show more count dooku fighting with two sabers.
    9. show a longer scene of obi wan fighting jango.
    10. show a battle scene were mace and jango our at a duel.
    11. I show more of the jedi starfighter in action.
    12. I show all the trades fedration wepoens and all the driods in action and the driod starfighters in action and bommers in action.
    13. I show Jango fett fighting other bounty hunters.
    14. I show more zam wessal in action and show more of the chase.
    15. I show the jedi temmple geting under attack.
    16. I show how obi wan leaves and mace windu gives him the jedi starfighter.
    17. I show ankin kills wadeo.
    18. I show add more trade allieys.
    19. I would add the Black sun.
    20. I would show more guys the have the same armor as jango and boba fett.
    21. I would add naboo starfighers and jedi starfighters in action helping the clones.
    22. I would add more of the begainng of the clone wars.
    23. I show yoda flying a starfighter in action and mace and they have there own starfighters.
    24. I show the gungans the naboo soilders, and alderrerns solders helping the the clones and the jedi and there starfighters.
    25. I would show jango fett picking up a lightsaber.
    26. I would show more of sidoeus palace hideout in epoisode 1 and 2
    27. I show more of the nemidens as warriors and show the big ball expldes add the trade guys die.
    28. eposide 2 is cool and better than one but needs more story detail.
    29. I would show artoo with guns in action.
    30. I show more ankin throw his lightsaber and mace windu.

2. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    more to add 31.show anakin that obi wan says you have much to learn.

3. Radovan_Karadzic

Radovan_Karadzic Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    I havea question? do they have the abilty to where you can chose which sceans you want to to intergrate into the movie on the DVD. they should since it all digital. it should be just like a computer program. it would solve all the what should be included on the DVD issues. and allow people to make their own custom version.

4. ElegantWeapon

ElegantWeapon Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 27, 2001
    One thing they could've edited it out is Padme giving that horrible peck on the cheek after she jumps on the Reek. That is ridiculous to look at! :mad:

Anyway, if George does put something back, really hope it's some Padme family (But not to long, don't want the film to drag), and definetely more Jango Vs Obi-Wan. I saw the film last night, and that fight is just to short!!!! :(

5. Uncle Owen

Uncle Owen Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 1999
    You didn't like the peck on the cheek? I thought it was great, a bit like Leia and Luke before swinging across the chasm.

The biggest cuts I want to see included are the extended Jango/Mace fight and the Dooku/Anakin/Padme meeting.

6. ElegantWeapon

Nov 27, 2001
    Nah, just looked out of place. Luke and Leia had great music behind them, a life or death swing, and they weren't romantically involved which gave the sudden kiss, hey what's going on kinda feel.

7. HBMC_Kloon

HBMC_Kloon Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    I just think there should be an ability to reintergrate all cut scenes (that make sense) if you want to.

As for scenes that don't make sense, Padme covering Threepio would be one of them. The way the story is set now the coverings are there when they get there, to add that scene in replacement to the other would be a bit strange.

Include it, but it's supurflouous, like the Waterfall Scene on the TPM DVD (cool, but totally not needed).

One the scenes I want to see though is the Jocasta Nu scene. If you watch the film now, it cuts VERY badly. The lines are:

Jocasta: Did you call for assistance?
    Obi (distant, looking at Dooku bust): Yes, yes I did.
    Jocasta (suddenly annoyed): Are you having a problem Master Kenobi?
    Obi (sounding apologetic): Yes... erm... I'm looking for a planatary system called Kamino.

Why is she suddenly annoyed? Simple. Because Obi and her were getting off track with a Lost Twenty History Lesson. It's so obvious when you know what's meant to be there.

BYE

8. Eternal_Jedi

Eternal_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    I just wish the added conveyer belt scene had ben left on the cutting floor. I loved ATOC, but that was one of the worst scenes in a SW movie ever (as in it went on far too long, and was totally unnecessary).

9. bousharde

bousharde Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    Axl-Wan-Kenobi posted earlier about the Mace vs Jango scene being cut down, but that might have been done on purpose to emphasize how much better a Jedi Knight/Master Mace is when compared to Obi-Wan. Obi fought Jango and got his butt whipped, but Mace put him down in a flash. That's significant.

10. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    I loved Padme giving Anakin the peck on the cheek and I really liked the whole droid factory sequence. It was fun and I think having been almost been killed there made Padme decide to forget all the consequences and be with Anakin.

11. Cheddar

Cheddar Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2002
  12. ElegantWeapon

Nov 27, 2001
    I definetely would like more Jango vs Obiwan and more Clone War fighting. I was SO hoping to see Clone Troopers on speeder bikes, but it never happened. However there is a picture of an animatic in my Art of EP II book, so I bet it was created.

Also I was rereading the script, and there's like 5 scenes of Padme with her family. Would've been nice to see I think.

13. Fearless_Leader

Fearless_Leader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2001
    Eternal,

I totally disagree with you about the droid factory scene.

First of all, George did not need the original scene with Padme sitting at the table with Dooku and the other separatists because 1) Padme is only a Senator (she's not the queen of Naboo, so it makes no sense why they would even want her to join them at all. she has no power). 2) She has already been replaced by Jar Jar in the senate (so she also has no voice in the Senate anymore either). 3) The audience already knows by this point that Dooku in league with Gunray (who wants her dead). We essentially do not need a redundant scene of Gunray simply saying "I want her dead."

This should clearly establish why the meeting with Dooku/Trial scene was cut.

But, we can't have our heroes just simply show up on Geonosis then cut directly to them being wheeled out to the arena. They need to be captured, and it needs to be exciting. Hence the need for the factory scene.

In my opinion, I thought visuals for the scene were spectacular, and I thought it was executed quite well, and personally, I'm glad the trial scene is now in the Recycling Bin (since a digital file can't really be on the cutting room floor).

14. JediShala

JediShala Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2000
    There's a select pic of a sunset, with sillouettes of a Jawa, Anakin, the sandcrawler, and a speeder. There's a scene of this in the novelization, with Anakin asking the Jawa where the Tusken's camp is. It is also shown briefly in one of the trailers. I don't recall it being in the movie, unless it was a "blink and you miss it" type thing.

Also, the picture of Obi with the binoculars - in the novelization, thant takes place on Geonosis. He's looking around the area with them, right after the mountain beast attack, and discovers a whole lot of Trade Federation starships and battle droids.

15. Sapno Krei

Sapno Krei Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 23, 1999
    There's a select pic of a sunset, with sillouettes of a Jawa, Anakin, the sandcrawler, and a speeder. There's a scene of this in the novelization, with Anakin asking the Jawa where the Tusken's camp is. It is also shown briefly in one of the trailers. I don't recall it being in the movie, unless it was a "blink and you miss it" type thing.

That shot is in the movie. I remember it b/c my fiancee nudged me -- she thought it was cool to see a jawa sandcrawler again.

16. JediShala

JediShala Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2000
    Ah, well I must have blinked then. Thanks for correcting me, I'll have to watch for that scene next time I see the movie.

17. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    What about the scene on Kamino before the Obi/Jango fight:

Obi-Wan goes to Jango's apartment to get him, but it is empty. He uses a monitor to see Jango/Boba loading Slave-1.

This scene seems important to me, in that it shows how Obi-Wan knew what platform Slave-1 was on.

18. ElegantWeapon

Nov 27, 2001
    www.filmfreak.com has a BTS video that actually shows Mace commenting on how "it's being taken care of" referring to shutting down the droids.

Boy I hope they reinsert that scene along with the shot of Ki-adi and others boarding a trade federation ship. that would be SWEET.

19. BanMePleez

BanMePleez Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2002
    WHAT NEEDS TO BE IN THE DEFINITIVE EDITION
    -Padme family scenes (3 minutes or so, why cut out?)
    -Beru and Padme scene (half a minute)
    -Padme and 3PO scene on Tatooine (half a minute, but definitely needed)
    -Dooku and Padme meeting (2 minutes)
    -Obi-Wan and Jango extended fight (1-2 minutes)
    -Obi-Wan action on Geonosis (1 minute)

This should bring the film up to around 150 minutes, but that's fine by me.

WHAT ESLE COULD BE IN THE DEFINITE EDITION
    -Mace and Yoda scene walking
    -More dialogue btwn Anakin and Padme on Naboo
    -More of the Battle of Geonosis, more Jedi fighting, the trip to the control ship

20. BanMePleez

BanMePleez Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2002
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/select/2001/04/img/40_select.jpg]
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/select/2001/05/img/43_select.jpg]
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/select/2000/12/img/1341_select.jpg]
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/select/2000/07/img/1319_select.jpg]
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/select/2001/06/img/s_elect48.jpg]

All cut!

21. TheVioletBurns

TheVioletBurns Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Oh my gooshness, November seems so far away.

The cut scenes I'm most looking forward to (and desperately am hoping will be included) are Anakin and Padmé as captives on Geonosis, and any extended Coruscant scenes...oh heck. Everything...

TVB.

22. wedge 45

wedge 45 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 1999
    What about the scene were literally thousands of Geonosian fighters are launched in an attempt to break the Republic blockade, I was really looking forward to that. I remember reading that here at TFN and then in the Visual Dictionary. Anyone know if ILM shot this sequence or was it thrown out for being to time consuming and costly?

23. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I went through the Art of Attack of the Clones screenplay and here are all the cut scenes from the final draft:

Padme's Senate Arrival
    Mace and Yoda: Discussion of he Sith
    Obi-Wan and Analysis Droid
    Obi and Jocasta, Lost 20
    Anakin's Dream on Freighter
    Padme and her family
    Obi-Wan, Back to Fett's Apt
    Anakin Desert, Farmers' camp
    Padme with Threepio, Worried about Anakin
    Obi spying on Geonosis and Massifs
    Padme and Beru, Kitchen
    Padme/Dooku, Meeting
    Padme/Ani, Geonosis Trial
    Ki-Adi/Plo Koon, Mission

These do not include ALTERED scenes like Padme and C-3PO's coverings or Obi-Wan and Mace by the Starfighter since these were revised and made into different scenes with the same characters. Padme and Threepio became the scene listed above. Mace and Obi-Wan was in the film, but changed to include Yoda, and not be by the Jedi Starfighter.

24. Jawa70

Jawa70 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    Two questions.

Is the DVD released on 21st october?

Are filmed cut scenes canon? i.e Anakins scuffle with Greedo.

25. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I want to mention that there are numerous action sequences that included extended action or dialogue that was cut. These include:

Coruscant Chase
    Rain Battle
    Arena Battle
    Lightsaber Duel

Also, there are numerous character/dramatic scenes that include additional character/plot-building dialogue... it helped build up the political story as well as Padme's character and her motivation. For this reason, a lot of it should be included back into the film. I can't list them all because there are too many scenes with cut dialogue, but here are the ones that should be put back in since it would help the story:

Padme and Anakin, Walking to the Palace
    Padme and Queen, Throne Room
    Count Dooku and Separatists

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.