main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Clonetrooper/Stormtrooper Discussion

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Crimson-Larko, Dec 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. somethingfamiliar

somethingfamiliar Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2003
    Ah, I thnik they're the Mygeeto clones in ROTS with CDR Bacara (TCK-1138)under General Mundi's command.

Yep. I just saw a scan of the Mygeeto clones from the ROTS TPB the other day and they're the same type. You get a better look at them in the Republic comic, though.

What's the deal with Baccara's armor?

2. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    What's the deal with Baccara's armor?
    I was wondering the same thing. Mygeeto is some "crystal planet" from waht little I've heard. I know of the scene you mentioned in the TPB but decided not to buy it until after I see ROTS.

I noticed that in some locations the Jedi generals do not have any enivironmental suits on but thier clones do...

3. darthgarvin

darthgarvin Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2004
    wat is TPB?

4. somethingfamiliar

Aug 20, 2003
    TPB = trade paperback

It's just the comics collected in one paperback volume.

5. new_jedistarfighter

new_jedistarfighter Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    All the clones/stormtroopers in ep. III look awesome. For example, I was at wal-mart and I saw the Clone Wars "Risk" game. The pictures of the clone commander leading the troops on the front captivated me.

6. somethingfamiliar

Aug 20, 2003
    I checked out the Art of... book at B&N tonight. According to that, the Baccara-style helmet is for "inclement weather."

7. Jedi_Master_Grover

Jedi_Master_Grover Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    Can the clones give themselves individual names or does someone else name them, like does Obi-Wan say "Trooper IG-679, your name is now Commander Cody"

8. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The Jedi came up with the names. Here's the story. When the Clone Wars began, the Jedi came up with titles for each Clonetrooper. There was an ARC Trooper known as Alpha, who worked with Anakin and Obi-wan, for a time. Green Wizard who fought on Preaystlin. But for the most part, they used the standard serial numbers like in ANH. During the Ord Cestus mission, one ARC Trooper who was known as A-98, or Nate for short, met an ex-lover of Jango's. She took to calling him Jangotat, which is Mandalorian for Jango's brother. Obi-wan worked with Jangotat and found him to be a good man. After his death, Obi-wan and the other Jedi discussed giving names to the other Clonetroopers. Cody, Oddball, Barcca (sp) and the others were thus named by each Jedi general. Sometime after the Jedi Purge, the Stormtroopers went back to serial number designations.

9. Jedi_Master_Grover

Jedi_Master_Grover Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    Outside of being a Jedi, wouldn't be hard for commanders to identify individual soldiers. They all look alike, have the same uniform, and no ID badges.

10. darthgarvin

darthgarvin Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2004
    Would anyone like to see the original stroomtroopers remodified like them in ROTS, with all the cool colours adapted instead of plain white?

11. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    What does Baccara's armor look like???

Anybody have a picture?

I've only seen Commanders Cody, Gree, Neyo, and Bly.

12. boran

boran Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2005
    I think this is the deal with clonetroopers and stormtroopers.

I think it all comes down to Lucas not having the resources in 1971 to make the stormtroopers all clones, plain and simple. If he was able to redo those movies he would add the different armor and make them all the same size (And give them the same voices).

-Boran

13. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    "What does Baccara's armor look like??? "

[image=http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery/events/celebration_3/hasbro/c3_001%20198.jpg]

14. Darth Kruel

Darth Kruel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    It looks as if the design of the body armour, helmet, and mask is beginning to resemble the troopers in the OT. But what's confusing is why don't any of the Stormtroopers in the OT still have colors to signify their rank. It must have been something just for the duration of the Clone Wars and then they removed the various colors.

15. boran

boran Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2005
    Another thing, I don't even think Lucas knew about the whole prequel when making the OT.

Yes, he obviously mentions the Clone Wars in ANH. However, the use of the clone wars appears to be providing a heroic struggle Anikan and Obi Wan participating anything. I highly doubt he was thinking "Hmmmmm, clone wars, I think this is where stormtroopers came from." No! In fact, in the old EU guide I have (written 10 years ago) it has the clone wars ending 20 years before the Emperor takes power.

I have spoken
    -Boran

16. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Lucas never had a specific idea of what the Clone Wars were all about. The only real idea was that Lando was originally the son of a clone, left over from that time period. Or was a clone himself, I get that mixed up. Anyway, that was largely it. Other than it was something that Anakin and Obi-wan had fought in, along with Yoda. And that Palpatine's rise to power were tied into them.

The eu Clone War references were done up by Timothy Zhan, before Lucas had made up his mind on the nature and the timeline. All dates mentioned have been retconned. Zhan himself wrote a few short stories for the Insider, so he might've taken care of his Clone War plot points. I haven't read them, so I don't know.

17. CMNDR_BACARA

CMNDR_BACARA Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Anyone know hwen we're gonna get some icons with individual cloe commanders?

18. Nahtanos

Nahtanos Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2005
    I was wondering, in the novel of EPIII, the author says the troopers could see with their perphiral vision...HOW THE F*&^ can they with their eye-shields so frickin thin??? wouldn't that hamper their effects? LOOK AT THE COMMANDERS!! they're even WORSE!! compare the troopers' face shields to Master Chief's face shield... A BIG DIFFERENCE IN SIZE AND IN ENEMEY KILLS!! A relevent link i would say...

19. Darth_SaberTooth

Darth_SaberTooth Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    The latest CIII footage has a shot of Bacarra and other trooper that look like him shooting Ki-Adi Mundi, and it is snowing, so I am guessing they are the predecessors to Snowtroopers

20. NICHOLAS_SKYWALKER

NICHOLAS_SKYWALKER Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2005
    I loved seeying the clones in the C3 footage, they looked so cool and there are so many variations. I was wondering if anyone could tell that they were cgi in the C3 footage? any any other footage of clones in ep3. I think they look pretty darn real but I know there not so it always gets me annoyed but b4 I knew they used cgi for the clones in episode 2 I would have never quessed there were cgi. Your thoughts?

21. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    In the film, Temurea (sp) Morrison appears as Commander Cody and several other Clonetroopers. Bodie Taylor plays the newer batch of Clonetroopers. Morrison uses his voice for both sets of clones.

If this was covered earlier I missed it:
    Is the physical variation of the appearance of the clones covered in some way? That is, why some look like Jango (Morrison), and some are slightly different(Taylor)?

I noticed in the one shot of Obi-Wan in the hangar by his starfighter with the troopers nearby (helmet-less) that they didn't all look like Temurea, so I was wondering what was the story behind that.

22. CMNDR_BACARA

CMNDR_BACARA Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Bodie Taylor is used for younger clones and Morrison is used for older ones. It's just to signify age difference. They are all Jango's clones.

23. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    It's not mentioned in the film specifically, but it is implied that the clones continue to age. Thus Cody looks like Morrison, who was a second generation Clonetrooper, while Taylor is a third generation fresh from Kamino. Cody served with Anakin on Praestylin, six months before ROTS. Two months after "Jedi Trial", a new batch of Clonetroopers were deployed.

24. HerbertMorrison

HerbertMorrison Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    I haven't read the entire thread so I'm sorry if this has already been said.

Stormtroopers are NOT clones. After the Clone War, the Empire continued expanding their army through human recruits. The Stormtroopers are simply Imperial citizens who either join up or are often drafted into service. Read the books for instance. Davin Felth is a prime example.

This also explains why, in the newly released version, Temuera does the voice for Boba Fett, but the Stormtroopers retain their original and individual voices.

In a book put out after AotC hit theaters, Boba is also quoted as saying something along the lines of "I have one of those faces that used to be familiar to everyone." This is an obvious reference to the Clone Army, but also implies this was phased out some time ago.

25. Jager

Jager Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    I know it would defy the genetic coding deal but I would have loved if a few on the Clones more close to the Jedi(Commander Cody, etc.) somehow defy the order and go down fighting other clones alongside their old generals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.