main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* ROTS DVD Information

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Can some one tell me the DVD Easter Eggs???

2. dontkillyoda

dontkillyoda Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2003
    I love, love, love the ESB puppet, but I rather the ROTS CGI version of Yoda in TPM then that ugly arse wannabe sculpt by Nick Dudman. Sorry Nick, that thing was God ugly!

Of course my ultimate fanboy fantasy goes something like this. Set the the wayback clock for some time shortly before AOTC.

"Newsweek reports that Rob Colman and his crew at ILM have hired Stuart Freeborn, the original creator of Yoda to insure that the new CGI version of Yoda set to appear in "Attack Of the Clones" is as true as possible to the original Yoda puppet seen in The Empire Strikes Back.

Rob says that Stuart will reface a Chavant clay press of Yoda made from the original ESB molds recovered from Leavesden studios. We are using the source material as a starting point to create a younger version of him. Very little of the sculpt will be changed since Yoda ages 1 year for every 10 he lives, remarks Coleman.

The finished sculpt will be laser scanned to create the 3d CGI model, and a fully functional puppet will be made from it as well, probably cast in a platinum based silicone.

Frank Oz will once again recreate Yoda's movements as the ILM crew plans to "mocap" this puppeted versions preformance using small pea sized white syrofoam balls, placed all around the puppets head.

Some hand animated enhancments to the "mocap" captures will need to be done, if we truely want to bring Yoda to life in this generation we are gonna need to push the expression levels a bit further- Coleman

It's not like the puppet can walk, so that will be done by hand on th ePC as well, but for all his facial expression he will be pretty spot on to the look and preformance of the puppeted version seen in ESB and ROTJ. This is the reason Lucas kept most of these props in the Archives at the ranch, in case of future need or use- Coleman

Fans of the Star Wars Sega can look forward to seeing this new enhanced CGI animated version of Yoda in Attack of the Clones next May."

Oh well that could have happened but Ego's are hard to kill!

3. Grievous

Grievous Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2003
    You know about the Yoda one? That's all I know of. I'd like some more eggs too please [face_batting]

4. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    where's the part where they show the CGI yoda in the TPM scene? how do i find that?

5. dontkillyoda

dontkillyoda Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2003
    watch "the choosen one" bonus feature

6. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Hip-Hop Yoda CAN'T be the only one!

7. BackInBlack

BackInBlack Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2004
    I posted this in another thread with no response... Any help here would be hot...

I noticed that on the underside of my disc 1, there seems to be a large splotch of discoloration that takes up about 2/3 of the disc. I've seen this type of mark on other DVDs before and a couple of times, these DVD's have stopped working in my DVD players. None of my other Star Wars DVDs have this. I was just wondering if this is normal for DVDs to have, or if I should return it before it stops working...

8. halfwits-r-us

halfwits-r-us Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    backinblack, take it back, there's no use in a dvd that could be refuse. YEah!@

9. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    How do you get the easter egg again? I know it has to do with 1138, just can't remember what yo have to do.

10. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    I noticed that on the underside of my disc 1, there seems to be a large splotch of discoloration that takes up about 2/3 of the disc. I've seen this type of mark on other DVDs before and a couple of times, these DVD's have stopped working in my DVD players. None of my other Star Wars DVDs have this. I was just wondering if this is normal for DVDs to have, or if I should return it before it stops working...

I just looked at mine, and no discoloration. I would return it for exchange.

11. orcagirl_78

orcagirl_78 Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2004
    Hey all,

does anyone know if there is a blooper reel? I tried the usual code (1138) on disc 1 & all I got was the Yoda rap thing. Is there something on disc 2??
    Any help would be appreciated!!

edit:
    Also, wasn't there a web-doc about Anakin on Hyperspace? Or has the "Chosen One" featurette replaced it?

12. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    I know that the 1138 thing works on TPM and AOTC to get bloopers and on ROTS to get Yoda dancing but... where do I put it in? [face_blush]

I've never been able to figure it out? Is it on the title? Options? Hm?

13. orcagirl_78

orcagirl_78 Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2004
    Sn4tcH
    Insert Disc 1. Go to "Options". Highlight the "THX" logo. Then push "11", "3", & "8" on your remote. Then you'll see the "Yoda Rap".

14. DARTHMATTY

DARTHMATTY Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2004
    I have been unable to get the Yoda Easter Egg(I admit I am new to this) I am trying this with an XBox player. I keep reading peoples instructions to press "11" than "3" than "8". My XBox does not have "11". I have just been pushing 1 1 3 8. What am I doing wrong? I am going to Options and than putting it on the THX Icon.

15. loocie

loocie Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2004
    I must have bloopers - PLEASE!!!

I can't believe they didn't include bloopers, that's one of the best things on the DVD's (for E1 & E2). The Hip Hop Yoda is OK, but I kept thinking the clones were going to start dancing - - - then it was over. OK, although I would much rather have the bloopers . . .

16. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    Anyone know of a way to take screenshots of the film aside from taking pictures of your monitor with a digital camera? The DVD's default media player doesn't allow screenshots. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way around that.

17. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    It is

18. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    I'm trying that ''THX-1138" thing on my computer. Nothing's happening. Should I assume that it can only be accessed on a DVD player?

19. TheUnknownSyn

TheUnknownSyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2003
    I was slightly disappointed by the extras. I haven't watched the full documentaries, yet, I expect them to be as interesting as always...but the deleted scenes weren't very exciting. No Qui-Gon either. That's what really bugs me. Does anyone have any info on why it isn't on the DVD? I'm sure as hell not going to search through 119 pages since there seems to be no way to search individual threads...>_>

And jeeze, no bloopers. :_|

If any of the above is covered in the docs, ignore this post. :D

20. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Hey did anyone notice on Disc 2 if you watch "The Chosen One" at about 5:22 into it, you see a clip of a CG Yoda saying the lines of "fear leads to anger" from Episode 1...Are they making a CG yoda for part 1?

~Rory

21. Spitfires_Descent

Spitfires_Descent Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2002

Yeah I noticed.. Hayden says something like "a wise man once said.." and then it cuts to Yoda in the Jedi Temple saying "fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.." except it's not the "real" scene from TPM with the puppet version of Yoda, but A CGI version that looks just like Yoda from AOTC and ROTS.

Pretty safe to say now that whenever they release the Box set of all 6 films, or whatever they wind up doing that we'll probably see the Puppet versions of Yoda replaced with CGI Yoda.

My Question is this:

We know they've replaced him in TPM now.. Will they do the same with ESB and ROTJ???????

22. Darth_Lego_Maul

Darth_Lego_Maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    I have never been able to get the THX 1138 thing to work for me. On one of my dvd players I can't seem to access the easter eggs any way, but on the other 2 I push title and enter 3 and that does it. Those of you who can't get the THX thing to work might want to try that. I haven't tried it on ROTS yet, but I guess I'm going to go do that now instead of working on the article critique I have to do.

I share people's disappointment about the lack of bloopers. The AOTC bloopers were great. Especially the Jango umbrella dance.

23. PadmeLover1991

PadmeLover1991 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2005
    i watched the deleted scenes last night, and i really liked the way obi wan and anakin used hand signals in the first deleted scene,
    "What about (obi wan strokes his mustache)"-Obi wan
    "No, no theres too many of them!"- Anakin.

but i was disapointed that they didnt do all the special effects, u cud see the green screen in that scene. :(

24. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    Well, the replacement of TPM Yoda for a future TPM release has been common knowledge for a while.
    The CGI replacement was done in preparation for and during ROTS production.

So far as we know, there are no plans to replace the OT Yoda, as there was nothing wrong with him.
    In fact, the CGI models are supposed to match that TESB version as closely as possible.
    I don't see the OT Yoda being changed myself...

25. Darth_Takisis

Darth_Takisis Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2005
    I will try to post here before opening a thread.

I am Canadian and I went to Wal-mart to score the DVD with bonus disk offer I have been hearing about since around july.

Suprise - there is no such special - just the regular DVD.
    Does anyone know if wal-mart will be spreading the wealth in Canada any time soon? (Besides the fact why they didn't do it in the first place).

Thanks in advance,

//DT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.