main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**Official Trailer D Discussion Thread**

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Mar17swgirl, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie_Martel

Charlie_Martel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2001
    The download really did stop! Awww horse sheet! :(

2. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I wonder what happened to Jedi_Samantha.

Perhaps she had a little accident??

[face_shocked]

3. C-3P0

C-3P0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2001
    Anybody who whines about the CG in this film is dead to me.

THAT WAS BREATHTAKING!!!

4. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    Looked great to me. May 16th can't get here soon enough.

5. Exar_Kun03

Exar_Kun03 Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    I knew the trailer was coming, cause I was one of the many fans that notified theforce.net about it. When it came on, I was blown away! That 2 mins and 30 secs makes TPM look bad already! I cant wait until May 16! May the Force Be With You ALL!!!

6. darthvaux

darthvaux Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 1999
    Must! . . . see! . . . trailer!!!
    When is it going up at starwars.com, it's not there yet!

7. SatineSkyWalker

SatineSkyWalker Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2002
    oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god

So Kick Butt!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

8. d2michael

d2michael Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHETHER THE TRAILER IS GONNA BE ON TV AGAIN DURING THR LOCAL NEWS????

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHETHER THE TRAILER IS GONNA BE ON TV AGAIN DURING THR LOCAL NEWS????

9. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I have it and I've saved it!

10. IEatPoodoo

IEatPoodoo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    I thought it looked "weatermanish" whenever there was a closeup of someone talking. The live actors stand out a little too much. But from now until the realease, it's all about making the visual effects a 10, instead of a 9.5...

11. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    I really need to lie down...this tape is going to be SO worn out. :D

12. metalgearrx

metalgearrx Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    Grea trailer, but I still have a few problems with it.

First, it didn't look like a Star Wars film.
    Second, there's too much CG.
    Third, the special effects looked "okay" at best.
    Fourth, the battle scenes looked too messy, too disorganized.
    Lastly, the trailer wasn't as well cut as the others.

Nevertheless, I still love Star Wars, and I can't wait to see it! May 16, 2002!

13. ninjapheret

ninjapheret Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    OMG that was incredible! I've been waiting YEARS to see a group of Jedi in action, and this was well worth the wait! Dear lord those shots were incredible! The soon-to-be-stormtrooper clone army, the Genusians, the Jedi, Anakin's power...damn this is going to be one fine flick. I must agree that it did look a little too CGI-ish, but how could it NOT with the cool ideas ol' George comes up with?

I'm going to be in line the week before tickets go on sale.

14. imastarwarsfan

imastarwarsfan Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    How do i search for this to download on Kazza or morpheous or whatever> What name will it be under?

15. Ki-Edi-Mundi

Ki-Edi-Mundi Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2000
    The story and acting is incredible! Especially Ian...damn he is slick! But the FX.. ?[face_plain] Maybe it was just my crappy cable provider, but scenes with mostly CG and 1 human actor looked bad. eg, Padme on conveyor, Padme being ripped, and one scene with Anakin (couldn't tell the scene..happened too fast). I hope (and I'm sure they will) get fixed up in the next 2 months.

16. freakadoodle

freakadoodle Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    there's a link at the end... http://holonetnews.com/46/

17. DarKnight

DarKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2000
    First, I would like to say TPM's final trailer was very similiar in style. Similiar dramatic moments:

"Communications are down. It can only mean one thing. Invasion"/"I will not allow this Republic to be split in two."

Also, too much visual noise yet again. Just as TPM had alot to take in so too does Clones appear to have too much to take in.

The bar scene was very reminiscent (or is that foreshadowing since this is a prequel) of the cantina scene in ST:ANH with Obi-wan whipping around and activating his saber.

It was a good trailer, but I dont think it was the best trailer. As I eluded to earlier, TPM's trailer had a very similiar effect on fandom yet look at the end result. Judgment is best reserved for after May 16th

AL:
    --The bashers start rolling in....

This, I definetely, did not expect--

Let the record show that the first cheap shot was thrown by a gusher. Expect some thoughtful criticism AL. And try to be mature about it shall we??

18. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    Now I know why those guys in Seattle are waiting for so long...

This movie is going to be absolutely awesome!

19. darth_shado

darth_shado Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2001
    http://apple.com/quicktime/trailers

or whatever the real link is.

late

john

20. JediRia

JediRia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2001
    Visually stunned...too much to look at...Holy cow!!! Now that's what i call a star wars movie!

21. Darth-KrayzieBone

Darth-KrayzieBone Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2001
  22. metalgearrx

metalgearrx Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    Great trailer, but I still have a few problems with it.

First, it didn't look like a Star Wars film.
    Second, there's too much CG.
    Third, the special effects looked "okay" at best.
    Fourth, the battle scenes looked too messy, too disorganized.
    Lastly, the trailer wasn't as well cut as the others.

Nevertheless, I still love Star Wars, and I can't wait to see it! May 16, 2002!

23. d2michael

d2michael Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002

24. ShiftyJedi007

ShiftyJedi007 Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    Has a total Empire Strikes Back feeling to it. The action is off the chart. I don't care if it is CGish so was Lord of the Rings and everybody seems to think that movie is so great. I loved the scene where Anikin jumps out of the speeder. Can't wait, but really wished it would have just been online instead of Network Television. Sure it's great for fans, but a desperation for Fox.

25. ORIONFAITH

ORIONFAITH Jedi Grand Master

Mar 10, 2002
    Just saw the AOTC Trailer too. To say this movie is epic is understating it. Probably the most epic trailer in the history of movies. Too many special effects. Did I mention EPII has a zillion special effects? lol. It's kind of ridiculous how much is going on at one time. It literally makes EPI look like a cakewalk. It does look exciting and I can't wait. I like the walkers and the missles and the space battle with meteors. The monsters. flying R2D2. Cute Natalie. The scene where Anakin jumps out of the flying car. Jimmy Smits. lightSabers everywhere. This movie looks like more fun then EPI. You have to pause everything in the trailer though. It goes by too fast. Begin this Clone War has.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.