main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Official Trailer - Whoopi vs. SilentBat II***

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by SilentBat, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilentBat

SilentBat Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 28, 2006
    Directed by Antoine Bandele
    Produced by Ashten "Whoopi" Winger and Antoine Bandele in association with Whoopi Productions and Monkey in the Air (MITA) Productions

Whoopi is back with vengeance after he was left for dead by his oldest friend. Two months later and his search for the great and powerful dark aura stone is coming to its last hour and the only one who can stop him is his greatest nemesis: SilentBat.
    Enjoy this official trailer which depicts many of the scenes in the Whoopi vs. SilentBat II: The Dark Aura Stone.

This film was shot with a Panasonic PV-GS300 and Panasonic DVX100
    This trailer was edited by Ashten "Whoopi" Winger and "Antoine Bandele"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlNN5taImgM

SCREENING IS THIS SATURDAY AT THE SANTA MONICA PUBLIC LIBRARY 2-5 PM! FREE! OPEN TO PUBLIC!

2. Penitio

Penitio Jedi Master star 3

May 11, 2002
    Hurray! Upgraded Camera does wonders. Did SilentBat loose weight? /joke.

My money is on Whoopi.

3. SilentBat

Aug 28, 2006
    Haha, lose weight? Haha I guess. I've always been sorta small though.

4. madhorizons

madhorizons Jedi Master star 3

May 10, 2006
    Is this up anywhere other than YouTube? I have several friends across several businesses that their corporate IT has YouTube blocked (me included :( )

5. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    SilentBat posted a Vimeo link on his blog, it's looks a bit better.
    http://www.vimeo.com/1012703?pg=embed&sec=1012703

I'd swear I've heard that opening/closing song before. I can't place it.
    Not a bad trailer, the middle section's definitely rockin'.

There's a few things I might've done differently (like letting a white-out take over the black bars), but eh. I'm picky.
    Is there some sort of filter/effect applied to the nighttime fighting shots? They look a little funky.

-Vaportrail

6. madhorizons

madhorizons Jedi Master star 3

May 10, 2006
    VT - thx for the link.

SB/W - looks fantastic. Agreed that the cam makes a world of difference.

7. Penitio

Penitio Jedi Master star 3

May 11, 2002
    Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children - Beyond the Wasteland.... I think?

8. Robi-Wan

Robi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2006
    Bingo.

Looking good, SilentBat.

9. SilentBat

Aug 28, 2006
    I COMPLETELY AGREE! I TOLD WHOOPI TO FIX IT! He did that with a few others and he fixed those but he was like, "eh, no one will notice, it's so fast." I knew I should been a bit of a picky-bastard and been like "no, change it" but I already told him to change so much. He edited that middle part. I edited the beginning and end.

10. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    Fixed.
    =)

Bad Whoopi.
    Granted, there are instances where this is true. Like an extra in the background picking his nose, or holding the wrong 'saber prop, but no. Something that flashes brightly at you into a previously inactive space? That's noticable. Especially considering the nature of your audience.

Who here has never frame-by-framed a sequence from a trailer or movie they didn't make? C'mon, you know you have.

What you may want to start doing anyway is having your project file be cropped to match your footage, since on top of not having to worry about 'effect bleed', it'll cut down on file size (so you can up the quality if you like), YouTube adds their own bars, and it won't add bars to Vimeo.

At least, I don't think they add them.

-Vaportrail

11. SilentBat

Aug 28, 2006
    I just think that Whoopi doesn't believe me when I say certain things. Like, sometimes I think I need back-up from other folks to get him to hear me out on things. But it's all chill.

12. elemental_fantasy

elemental_fantasy Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2006
    whoopi's a brotha???[face_dancing]I'm not alone [face_dancing]lol

I love that skull & cross bone trooper sweat shirt![face_dancing]That rocks.

I also look forward to seeing this a bit, I have been seeing the title around these threads for a while, glade to see a trailer SilentBat.

13. SilentBat

Aug 28, 2006
    I'm a "brotha" too. What did you think I was? Hispanic? I've gotten Egyptian before.

14. VaporTrail

May 19, 2002
    Did anyone else immediately think "Lenny = White Carl = Black"?
    That'll take a moment to trick my head out of its pre-concieved notions of Elemental having a striking appearance to his avatar.

Anyway.
    I am great at this. Just say when.

-Vaportrail

15. Joel_K

Joel_K Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    Versus II used it as well.

Looks pretty good guys.[face_money_eyes]

16. Lord_Charisma

Lord_Charisma Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2001
    Good stuff :) Looking forward to it.

BTW, did you still want a copy of "Mr Amazing Returns" to show before WvSB2? Or have you given up on that idea? Send me a PM if you still want a copy.

17. Z28Jerry

Z28Jerry Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2004
    Looks good, and looks like you had a lot of fun making it. Camera work is looking much better and your editing seems to be getting tighter as well. Keep progressing and getting better at this rate and you guys should be turning out some really neat stuff in the not too distant future.

Just curious, anything you have learned during the making of this project that might be of any interest to the community? You always walk away from a project like this a better person, but sometimes you can better others as well by telling us what you learned, what you messed up on, and what you would have done differently.

Keep up the good work!

18. SilentBat

Aug 28, 2006
    For sure. That'll be on the BTS Commentary I'm sure.

And yes, this film is a definite improvement than what we did a mere year ago. It still is less-than-perfect of course but like you said, just gotta keep progressing.

No, no filter, pretty much untouched footage from a DVX-100. Whoopi might have messed around with it a bit though. But nothing to the extent of filters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.