main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Oidhche et Fàiredàn Trilogy I: Aftershock" Completed 11 July!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Dantana Skywalker, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    djcati - Interesting...
    very...

I can't think of anything to say. kind of dead. *makes mental note to not stay up so late*

Staying up late *IS* bad. And I should stop doing it, too.

it's a great part, and it's really... I get the feeling there's a lot going to happen soon.
    If that makes sense.
    Oh, I can't wait...

Well, a lot . . . and yet not a lot.

Suzuki_Akira - Good post. Nice to see Luke taking an active leadership role.

It's about time, huh?

aling is your calling, but you have other abilities. Abilities that surpass many of mine."

Interesting. This character hasn't been corrupted, just make sure not to pull a KJA on her.

Well, all Jedi are going to have superpower moments. Otherwise . . . what's the point of having superpowers?

ike Kyp's immediate departure. Very in character, but I'd expect that from you. Also, you made Katrael very interesting by giving her Jaina's squadron-perhaps a rivalry later on? Very good post!

Of course Kyp is going to be in character! Even when every other character in a piece is OOC, Kyp will be in character.

Well . . . there will be more with Katrael later. In "Moment Of Weakness", the sequel to this.

hollynkesten - more story! your NOT allowed to just leavr off like that!!!!!!11

Mwaahahahaha!!!

Oh, you forget . . . I'm EEEVVVIIILLLLLLL!!!

Then again, I learned from the best (Chris Carter and Joss Whedon).

SaberBlade - I like how even here, in a AU story that was begun long before stuff happened canonly, Kyp is complaining to Luke about the whole "peacekeeper" deal.

There are a ton of things in here that I wrote waaaaaay before they happened in the books. I had probably 80% of this written, either on the computer or in notebooks, before I even started posting it. We're getting into some of the oldest-written stuff here. I've had the ending written for two years.

Wonderful, Dana!! Loved it.

Thank you. :)

July 11th!!!!!

Heh heh heh! That's coming up pretty quick here, isn't it?

Dana

2. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    This is the last one for a couple of days . . . I only have a few posts left and I want to make them last until the "deadline".

The Lhantlach na Skyerighean slid out of the cloud cover and came to a rest in a burned-out clearing near the Blueleaf Temple. Jaina was surprised to see the structure still standing. Of course, since it wasn't visible above the trees, she didn't know if the Vong knew it was here.

She locked the ship and stood for a moment, feeling the planet's energies. It was astonishing that her uncle had kept the academy here, even after they'd defeated Exar Kun, because the planet was filled with the Dark Side. It wasn't Luke's teaching methods that had turned so many students, it was that something lingered here still. She didn't know what it was, but she would find it.

The trek took her hours, following the pulse that seemed to run just under the planet's surface.

And then she found it, just walked out of the trees and found it.

A river flowed between her and the vast cleared area that had once held the Jedi praxeum. A large coral structure stood where the Great Temple had been. Fields, full of slave works, stretched off behind it.

She reached out and felt her children. They were on the ship that was approaching the jungle moon. She hoped that they were all right. If they weren't, the deaths of their kidnappers were going to be even slower.

Remembering what Kyp had told her once, about Dorsk 81 burning up from acting as a conduit to the Force, she drew a little on the power that she felt around her and let it out, testing. The key was to not hoard it, but to let it flow.

Jaina's brown eyes closed and she drew hard on the Force, letting it fill her, remembering what Vergere had said. Part of her knew she had fallen to the Dark Side. The rest didn't care.

A huge chunk of stone, shaped through her manipulation, ripped itself from the ground and went hurtling towards the yorik coral dome. It connected with a crash and settled into place. Another, and then another.

Jaina knew it wasn't really her doing it; it was the Force. She was not powerful enough to do this, would not have been able to do it if Exar Kun had not made this planet his place.

Yuuzhan Vong scattered, some running towards her, others running into the jungle. Jaina extended a hand and blasted them with purple lightning, the tide of electricity throwing them back, slamming them into the ones behind them. The ones escaping she'd deal with later.

Another rock slammed into place.

As the walls grew taller, Jaina used the power flowing around her to levitate into the air. Force lightning crackled around her, sparking out to incinerate fleeing Vong.

She knew what it was now. It was a well, like Luke and Mara had said was on Coruscant. And it was under this area. It took very little effort or energy on her part to direct its flow, now that she'd tapped into it.

It wasn't the Dark Side, or the Light. It was just the Force, raw Force energy. And it was, for the moment, her tool.

----------

The coral ship landed in front of the structure that had just crushed the shaping facility that had been the occupants' destination.

Warriors spilled out, turning to Jaina, covering the flight of a handful of figures into the building. Jaina viciously cut them down, but was reluctant to attack the enemies fleeing into the building. They had her children, and she didn't want to risk hurting Anakin and Zeth.

She landed lightly on the sun-bleached dirt and stood for a moment, considering her options. She could run in blindly, and risk killing the children, or she could sneak in.

She'd been sure she'd seen at least one priest, a shaper, and two others. The small one she knew nothing about. The large one, though . . .

Her lightsaber slapped into her hand. Her dark eyes narrowed.

If they had harmed so much as a hair on either of her sons' heads, she would rend them limb from limb.

She paused. What was she thinking?

She'd do it anyway.

[hr]

Dana

3. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    If they had harmed so much as a hair on either of her sons' heads, she would rend them limb from limb.

She paused. What was she thinking?

She'd do it anyway.

muahaha...

Ah, this is so cool!
    darkside Jaina is just the best...

or, um, not.
    nope, definitely is.

Very good stuff still. ^_^

4. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    Great post. Force just a tool...doesn't sound right to me. Jaina's in for a rude awakening...

5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    whoa this is intense I can't wait for more :D

6. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Note to self...never kidnap the twins of a Jedi in the hopses of sacrificing them...it'll be painful.

Wow...Jaina and the well of Force energy. It's interesting how some part of her is trying to warn her about what she is doing, but then the other part of her goes and does it.

Amazing, as always...

(PS. I think I forgot to post on the last update...but, hmmm, what's up with Dana's assignment? Very dangerous?)

~Abby~

7. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    Oh, oh, oh.

I wouldn't care being in her place either. Kidnappers don't deserve anything else.

But where is Kyp?

A.

8. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    i dont know, but he better get their soon, b/c if he doesnt she is going to hurt the kids, unintentionally!

9. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    OOOOH! Jaina's so evil! I love it!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

10. Babi_Tahiri

Babi_Tahiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2003
    Wow! Now that's a theory I never really considered. A Force Well on Yavin IV. Veeery interesting. Great updates! I sure hope Luke knows what he's doing, telling Kyp to go dark and help Jaina. Hope Kyp can pull himself and Jaina back. Can't wait for more!

~^~ Tahiri ~^~

11. Sethathoryunet

Sethathoryunet Jedi Master star 1

May 8, 2004
    Gee you lot are harsh on poor Luke!
    As far as I recall, he gets his butt kicked at least once in every single EU novel!

Go Jaina!! Am I right in thinking that there might be some VERY interesting mush between Jaina and Kyp coming up? Dark vs. light. . . this could get interesting. [face_devil] [face_mischief]

Keep it rolling Dana! :D

12. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    djcati - muahaha...

[face_devil]

Ah, this is so cool!
    darkside Jaina is just the best...

or, um, not.
    nope, definitely is.

LOL.

Very good stuff still. ^_^

Thank you. :)

Suzuki_Akira - Great post. Force just a tool...doesn't sound right to me. Jaina's in for a rude awakening...

She didn't say it was just a tool, she said that for the moment, it was her tool.

JediFalcon - whoa this is intense I can't wait for more

More coming right up. :D

Abby - Note to self...never kidnap the twins of a Jedi in the hopses of sacrificing them...it'll be painful.

YUp. :D

Wow...Jaina and the well of Force energy. It's interesting how some part of her is trying to warn her about what she is doing, but then the other part of her goes and does it.

That's the essence of turning to the Dark Side. At first you know it's wrong. Gradually . . . you don't think so.

Amazing, as always...

Thank you :)

(PS. I think I forgot to post on the last update...but, hmmm, what's up with Dana's assignment? Very dangerous?)

You'll find out soon.

Ars_longa - Oh, oh, oh.

I wouldn't care being in her place either. Kidnappers don't deserve anything else.

Heh heh heh!

But where is Kyp?

He's on his way. :)

hollynkesten - i dont know, but he better get their soon, b/c if he doesnt she is going to hurt the kids, unintentionally!

No, no, the kids don't get hurt.

Jedi_Jaina_Durron - OOOOH! Jaina's so evil! I love it!

:D Thanks.

Is it too soon to ask for more?

Nope. :)

Babi_Tahiri - Wow! Now that's a theory I never really considered. A Force Well on Yavin IV. Veeery interesting.

Makes sense, though, doesn't it?

Great updates! I sure hope Luke knows what he's doing, telling Kyp to go dark and help Jaina. Hope Kyp can pull himself and Jaina back. Can't wait for more!

Well, you'll see. :)

Sethathoryunet - Gee you lot are harsh on poor Luke!
    As far as I recall, he gets his butt kicked at least once in every single EU novel!

LOL! Well, not every single one. I don't think that DS Jaina could really take on Luke if he were in full butt-kicking mode, but he wasn't, so she got the drop on him.

Go Jaina!! Am I right in thinking that there might be some VERY interesting mush between Jaina and Kyp coming up? Dark vs. light. . . this could get interesting.

Nope, sorry. You'll see what happens.

Keep it rolling Dana!

You got it! ;)

Dana

13. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Mwaahahaha!

He nearly had a heart attack when he dropped out of hyperspace and he saw the worldship in orbit around Yavin IV.

Was this, he thought wildly, what it had looked like with the Death Star?

The moon itself had a moon, it seemed, one of coral, roughly ovoid, streaked with copper and green. If he hadn't known what it was, he almost would have thought it was beautiful, the way it went so well with the orange gas giant and the verdant green jungle moon.

Then Kyp's eyes moved to the moon. He wasn't picking up any enemy targets on his sensors; nothing in the direction of the worldship moved. He reached out, sensed Jaina on the moon. She was a cold spot, full of rage, and a glimmer of fear.

[i]Hold on, Jaina,[/i] he thought. [i]I'm coming.[/i]

It was when he entered the atmosphere and came close over what he'd assumed to be the Yuuzhan Vong settlement that he realised that it was not.

The Great Temple, which he'd been told, they'd all been told, had been destroyed, stood in the middle of a large, wasted area littered with debris and Yuuzhan Vong bodies. Dead or dying slaves were strewn about the fields. From the looks of them, they'd been killed by the Vong while trying to flee from whatever had come here.

Whatever had come? He knew it was Jaina. His heart hurt at the thought of his wife's rather spectacular descent into darkness. He'd seent eh destruction she'd caused, had never seen anything like it, even with his own rampage nearly twenty years before.

Nothing moved as he landed his X-wing and got out. He dumped the helmet in the cockpit, and the flightsuit. Dressed now in boots, leggings, shirt, and his ever-present cape, Kyp reached up to tie his hair back. Then he walked toward the Great Temple, following Jaina's Force presence, lightsaber in hand.

----------

A contingent of Yuuzhan Vong had come through here. He found charred remains littered around the corridors. He ran into two living warriors on his way up to the throne room, and made rather quick work of them. He could feel Jaina there, at the apex of the temple, and the dark shroud that had surrounded her had given way to panic and fear.

[i]Hold on,[/i] he thought to her, once again. [i]Hold on, my love.[/i]

Kyp charged up the last few steps and ran straight into a misshapen figure. It was a Yuuzhan Vong, but lumpy and malformed.

"Ah, the consort come to rescue his goddess," the thing said. It had a koufee in its hand and a malevolent look in its eyes.

Kyp didn't even pause. He put his lightsaber blade through its face. As the body fell, Kyp crept up towards the door.

"No!" he heard Jaina shout.

Kyp lunged through the doorway, shouting, "Jaina!"

A priest lay in two segments on the floor, black ichor oozing across the flagstones. A shaper lay nearby, also dismembered. It wasn't difficult to figure out why. Some sort of portable fire pit or something had been set up in the centre of the room. A sacrificial pit, he realised, and felt sick and horrified. They'd been planning to kill his sons.

It hadn't really felt . . . [i]real[/i] until that moment, that his sons had been taken and Jaina fallen to the darkness. But as he looked on the scene, he felt an answering tide of black seeping through him.

His wife was sprawled on the dias, clutching the twins in her arms. Both infants were shrieking. They were alive, then. He felt glad for that. Jaina's lightsaber lay a good ten yards from her. She looked up, saw him, and blanched.

"Kyp! Look out!"

He whirled just in time, his lightsaber connecting with a crack with a golden blade aimed for his head.

The lightsaber--for it was a lightsaber, Kyp recognised it as that of Leia Solo, taken on Duro by Tsavong Lah--had yorik coral grown over the handle. The crystal was different, the blade no longer the rich ruby of Leia's weapon. It was in the hand of the largest Yuuzhan Vong Kyp had ever seen in his life.

He knew immediately he was looking at Supreme Overlord Shimrra. The Vong was a good twelve feet tall, massively built, with huge red eyes th

14. djcati

Mar 20, 2004
    No. Nonono. No.
    Cliffies like that = bad, Dana, BAD.

BADBADBAD.

. . .
    But the rest of the post was great. ^_^
    hm...
    Good stuff as always...

*wanders off muttering about cliffhangers*

15. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    Another evil cliffie. Why do the authors love to torment their faithful readers so?

Dana, whatever your "deadline" is, can you please, move it a little closer to this date? Like, preferably, tomorrow? :)

16. Sethathoryunet

Sethathoryunet Jedi Master star 1

May 8, 2004
    Now, now Dana! I thought we'd cured you of the ugly disease known as 'cliffhanger'.
    Evil woman. [face_devil]

17. kyps_godess

kyps_godess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    OMG
    hehe evil cliffie!!!
    need more!!!

this is soooo wicked!!!! can wait to see the fight scene!!!

more please?

kt

18. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    Dana!!!!! You're mean. *Hmph*

Can't wait for more, in case you couldn't tell.

19. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Finally read this...

Excellent, as always. I liked the comparison between Kyp arriving near the worldship and the Battle of Endor (worldship vs death star).

And Jaina, even in her dark-sidey state, is still looking out for Kyp...but, poor Kyppie. And huge Shimrra...I didn't realize he was so tall!

~Abby~

20. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    djcati - No. Nonono. No.
    Cliffies like that = bad, Dana, BAD.

BADBADBAD.

Oh, c'mon, I SAID, "Mwaahahahaha!" :p

. . .
    But the rest of the post was great. ^_^
    hm...
    Good stuff as always...

Thanks. :D

*wanders off muttering about cliffhangers*

C'mon, cliffhangers are my specialty!

Well, those and also making my readers bawl like babies. ;)

Ars_longa - Another evil cliffie. Why do the authors love to torment their faithful readers so?

'Cause it's fun. :D

Dana, whatever your "deadline" is, can you please, move it a little closer to this date? Like, preferably, tomorrow?

Nope. :D But I can tell you when it is. Look at the very first post and that might tell you something.

Sethathoryunet - Now, now Dana! I thought we'd cured you of the ugly disease known as 'cliffhanger'.

NEVER! [face_devil]

Evil woman.

Why, thank you! :D

kyps_godess - OMG hehe evil cliffie!!! need more!!!

More's coming up. :)

this is soooo wicked!!!! can wait to see the fight scene!!!

It's coming up. :D

more please? /

Okay.

SpacedOutAnna - Dana!!!!! You're mean. *Hmph*

:p

Can't wait for more, in case you couldn't tell.

Hee hee!

Abby - Finally read this...

Excellent, as always. I liked the comparison between Kyp arriving near the worldship and the Battle of Endor (worldship vs death star).

Ell, we know what would win in THAT battle . . .

He was actually thinking of the Battle of Yavin, not Endor. :)

And Jaina, even in her dark-sidey state, is still looking out for Kyp...but, poor Kyppie. And huge Shimrra...I didn't realize he was so tall!

Oh, yes. The average Vong is about, oh, 7-8 feet tall, maybe nine feet. A lot of them are even taller. And Shimrra's the tallest, standing head-and-shoulders among his personal warriors, who are about 9 feet.

Dana

21. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Birthday post!

This post is dedicated entirely to . . . ME! :D

It's my birthday today. :D

Kyp closed his eyes as the lightsaber came down. [i]Jaina. I love you.[/i]

There was a familiar snap-hiss, the sound of lightsabers hitting with an angry shriek, and Kyp opened his eyes.

A green blade blocked Shimrra's.

"You know," a voice said, "the last evil overlord who said that ended up face-first down a reactor shaft."

Shimrra jerked back. Kyp quickly rolled out of the way, grabbed his lightsaber, and turned to see his saviour.

Dantana, dressed in black leggings, a black skirt that was slit to the hips on either side, a black shirt with a high neck, and black boots, stood with her lightsaber at high guard, eyeing the Supreme Overload. Her smile was grim, her blue eyes dark with determination.

"Who are you?" Shimrra rumbled.

"The last thing you'll ever see," she responded.

The massive figure growled something in Yuuzhan Vong. "Puny infidel! You will not hinder me!"

Her lightsaber didn't move. "Give me your best," she said. "And then I'll show you what a Jedi [i]really[/i] is."

Shimrra struck first. Dana neatly parried, dancing out of his way. He lumbered after her, but she was smaller, even smaller than Kyp, and moved more quickly.

He'd watched her spar before, with Katrael, seen her battle Mara. But it had never been anything like this.

Swordfighting, with actual blades, was in high practice on Gaeina, she'd told him once. Before Luke had come to Gaeina, she'd already been well-versed in the art. Luke had trained her to use a lightsaber. Skywalker had told Kyp once that she'd improved her skill since then.

He turned and went to Jaina, fetching her lightsaber. The combatants didn't notice.

"I'm sorry," Jaina said. "I'm so sorry."

Kyp wrapped his arms around her. "It's okay. You got our children back. We'll worry about the rest later."

----------

Dana flipped over shimrra's head, striking at the armoured plates that grew out of the overlord's shoulders. Ducking a swing from Shimrra as he swung around, she shouted, "Kyp, Jaina, go!"

Kyp eyed his lightsaber, then shouted, "Dana!"

She turned, for just a moment, held out her hand.

He threw his weapon.

The handle landed in her hand and the violet-white blade flared to life.

She eyed the overlord, her blue gaze solid above the crossed blades.

The well of energy Jaina had disturbed reached out to her, filled her. If Kyp hadn't been distracted when fighting Shimrra, he probably would have made use of it, but he hadn't. She straightened, studied Shimrra, still tiny next to his bulk, but bright in the Force.

"We should help her," Jaina said.

"No, we need to get the twins out," Kyp said.

Neither moved.

Shimrra's weapon, looking small in his hands, swung towards Dantana. She dodged it, knocking it aside with her green blade.

"You can do better than that," she taunted. "I've fought underlings who had more skill!"

On and on it went, a virtual battle for supremacy. There was no question this would be a battle to the death. Kyp only hoped that it would be Shimrra who fell.

Suddenly, Dana stumbled, but didn't cry out. Shimrra's blade connected directly with her forearm-

And shattered, going out in a fit of sparks.

He thumbed the switch furiously, but the lightsaber wouldn't turn on.

Dana slowly straightened, Kyp's lightsaber falling from her fingers to the floor. The left sleeve of her shirt was burned away, the skin beneath it red, black, and blistered, oozing. She was trembling, brow furrowed. Kyp was very confused, unsure what had just happened. Surely that blow should have removed her arm!

She closed her eyes, took a deep breath . . .

Then she threw her hand out at Shimrra and shoved the energy drained from his lightsaber's powercell back at him, slamming him into the far wall of the audience chamber. Brilliant blue lightning crackled from the healer's fingertips, across a good twenty feet, and danced around the stunned form of the Yuuzhan Vong leader. His muscles twitc

22. djcati

Mar 20, 2004
    Wai!~
    update... good update...
    Some awesome action there. whoo...

...what was Jacen's job?
    0.o;;
    ack!

good stuff....

23. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    Part of her knew she had fallen to the Dark Side. The rest didn't care.

Ohohohoh, now that's an interesting inner monologue idea right there.

A sacrificial pit, he realised, and felt sick and horrified. They'd been planning to kill his sons.

It hadn't really felt . . . real until that moment, that his sons had been taken and Jaina fallen to the darkness. But as he looked on the scene, he felt an answering tide of black seeping through him.

::shivers:: So cool...

"You know," a voice said, "the last evil overlord who said that ended up face-first down a reactor shaft."

Please tell me that's a reference to the Evil Overlord List. Please!!

Anyways, Happy Birthday, o shiny one! I loved protective!Kyp and bad-a... ahem. Protective!Kyp and fiercepriestess!Dana... even if she went rather Corran-like with the whole energy absorption thing. [nothing against Dana, just against Corran!]

-Saber

24. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    djcati - Wai!~
    update... good update...
    Some awesome action there. whoo...

Thanks. :)

...what was Jacen's job?
    0.o;;
    ack!

Taking out Tsavong Lah. I didn't like how Lah chased Jacen through book after book . . . and then JAINA killed him. Totally should have been Jacen. So. Yeah.

good stuff....

:) Thanks.

SaberBlade - Part of her knew she had fallen to the Dark Side. The rest didn't care.

Ohohohoh, now that's an interesting inner monologue idea right there.

Hmm. Well, if *you* get a plotbunny from it, go ahead. :p

A sacrificial pit, he realised, and felt sick and horrified. They'd been planning to kill his sons.

It hadn't really felt . . . real until that moment, that his sons had been taken and Jaina fallen to the darkness. But as he looked on the scene, he felt an answering tide of black seeping through him.

::shivers:: So cool...

Thanks. :D

Please tell me that's a reference to the Evil Overlord List. Please!!

Yes. Yes, it is. :D

Anyways, Happy Birthday, o shiny one! I loved protective!Kyp and bad-a... ahem. Protective!Kyp and fiercepriestess!Dana... even if she went rather Corran-like with the whole energy absorption thing. [nothing against Dana, just against Corran!]

"ass" is actually permitted on the boards, but I don't know if it's allowed in that particular phrase, ;)

And hey, Yoda can do it, (I think) Anakin learned to do it, I think Luke can do it . . . *shrug*

I'm glad you liked it. :D

Dana

25. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    Why is it that I can wait for weeks for a post while I'm at home near a computer, unimpeded by any probations of any sort,
    but, suddenly, when I either get grounded, or go out of town (or as in this case, both) authors suddenly hand out posts galore?!

Ok, so I really don't ever have to wait WEEKS for you to post, but time sure does crawl after a cliffie.

And that's why I missed, what, four posts? Sorry about that. [face_blush] Great ones, by the way. Did you say you were getting towards the end?! Yay! No! Oh, whatever. I have two sequels to look forward to, right?

Well, I could spend another hour expounding on the great parts of this post, but my computer time is up, and my sister's standing over my shoulder waiting to check her e-mail. I'll just say great post, and leave the rest up to the others.

More soon?!

~*~Austyn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.