main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Oidhche et Fàiredàn Trilogy I: Aftershock" Completed 11 July!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Dantana Skywalker, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    Dana
    Can anyone spot the line I stole from a TV show?

I can't, but Dantana's speach definitely reminded me the ending to Heinlein's Puppetmasters. The book, not the movie. :)

A.

2. Sethathoryunet

Sethathoryunet Jedi Master star 1

May 8, 2004
    Happy (belated [face_blush] ) Birthday Dana!!
    Do I get slapped if I ask 'how old'? ;)

Getting closer to the end . . . more please!!

3. xeryn_

xeryn_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2003
    Happy birthday :)

Your last few posts made my spine tingle. And my hair stand. Your descriptions are awesome, do you know that? -grins and is still speechless with awe-

Love Darkside Jaina! Love powerful-determined Dana!

4. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    HAPPY BELATED DANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

these posts were awesome....I loved the intensity of them all raising the lightsabers and then Luke joining them. :) Of course, it always moves me when there's a scene with lightsabers like that.

Sorry it took so long to reply! my summer's been soooooooo busy!

5. Babi_Tahiri

Babi_Tahiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2003
    WOW!! Dana kicked some major ass there! Nice work! (really short reply, I know, but it's been a long day) Happy day late Birthday!! Can't wait for more! (story, not birthdays)

~^~ Tahiri ~^~

6. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Daughterofflame - Why is it that I can wait for weeks for a post while I'm at home near a computer, unimpeded by any probations of any sort,
    but, suddenly, when I either get grounded, or go out of town (or as in this case, both) authors suddenly hand out posts galore?!

Murphy's Law.

Ok, so I really don't ever have to wait WEEKS for you to post, but time sure does crawl after a cliffie.

Which is what makes thme fun. [face_devil]

And that's why I missed, what, four posts? Sorry about that. Great ones, by the way. Did you say you were getting towards the end?! Yay! No! Oh, whatever. I have two sequels to look forward to, right?

Yep, two sequels. And after this one right now . . . there are two left.

Well, I could spend another hour expounding on the great parts of this post, but my computer time is up, and my sister's standing over my shoulder waiting to check her e-mail. I'll just say great post, and leave the rest up to the others.

What did you do to get yourself grounded?

More soon?!

Coming right up!

Ars_longa - Can anyone spot the line I stole from a TV show?

I can't, but Dantana's speach definitely reminded me the ending to Heinlein's Puppetmasters. The book, not the movie.

Um . . . haven't read that.

Sethathoryunet - Happy (belated ) Birthday Dana!!
    Do I get slapped if I ask 'how old'?

Thanks. :) Nope. I'm 23. Meaning I'm Jag's age. :p

Getting closer to the end . . . more please!!

Yep, very close to the end.

xeryn_ - Happy birthday

Thanks. :)

Your last few posts made my spine tingle. And my hair stand. Your descriptions are awesome, do you know that? -grins and is still speechless with awe-

Really? I just write what comes to me . . . Thank you.

Love Darkside Jaina! Love powerful-determined Dana!

I was afraid to post that one 'cause I was afraid people were goign to start screaming, "Mary Sue! mary Sue!"

C3SoloP0 - HAPPY BELATED DANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

these posts were awesome....I loved the intensity of them all raising the lightsabers and then Luke joining them. Of course, it always moves me when there's a scene with lightsabers like that.

That's one of my favourite parts of the entire trilogy.

Sorry it took so long to reply! my summer's been soooooooo busy!

That's okay. You showed up, and that's what counts. :D

Babi_Tahiri - WOW!! Dana kicked some major ass there! Nice work! (really short reply, I know, but it's been a long day) Happy day late Birthday!! Can't wait for more! (story, not birthdays)

Heh. Thanks. More coming up right now. :)

Dana

7. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Two more after this one. Finally.

She regained consciousness not too long after. Cilghal was there, applying several bacta bandages to her wounded arm.

"What do you suppose did this?" the Jedi healer asked.

"Lightsaber," Dana said, making the other two Jedi start. "I'm not usually as good at energy absorption as Corran is, but there's a Force-well under the temple and it . . . gave me a boost. If I hadn't been tapping into it, I'd have lost my arm."

"Kyp and Jaina told us what happened. You should [i]never[/i] have taken him on by yourself!" Luke told her, his voice tight with barely controlled anger.

"Luke, you [i]sent[/i] me to kill him, remember?"

He looked stunned for a moment, then sheepish. "Oh. Right."

She shook her head. "Men."

The other two Jedi Masters helped her sit up. She leaned heavily against Luke.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"All the Jedi are here," he informed her. "Every single one. Even Katrael. we're going to have to decide what to do about Jaina-"

"She turned to the Dark Side," Dana said softly. "But I know what prompted it. How can we punish her for going after her children?"

"She destroyed-"

"Do you really want to outcast your own niece?" she demanded. "Like the Council did with Zekk?"

"No, Dana, I don't! But we have to do [i]something[/i]!"

"Let her testify before the Council. But not right now. Wait until we find out what comes of today."

Luke looked at Cilghal, who just blinked large eyes at him, then over to where Kyp and Jaina still sat, holding their children, talking in hushed voices.

He nodded. "We'll wait."

Dana clung to Luke, feeling shaky. "Remind me not to do things like that again. That nearly killed me."

Luke made a brief, frustrated noise, and hugged her hard.

Kyp was helping Jaina to her feet, one of the twins clutched in his other arm. Jaina's face was red; she'd been crying. She limped over to her uncle. Cilghal immediately took the infant Jaina was holding.

"You're hurt," Luke said.

"I'm okay," she said softly. "I tripped on the steps when I was getting the twins."

Jaina tightened her hold on Kyp's arm, then said, "I'm sorry, Uncle Luke. I don't know what came over me."

"Don't worry about it right now, Jaina," he said. "Let's just get everyone up to the 'Rebel Dream'."

Dana was looking at the baby Cilghal was holding. "I think we're going to want to check these two out. I think they've been exposed to something. I want to make sure they're all right."

Kyp reached out mentally, felt his children. "I think they're okay. they don't feel sick to me."

"Nevertheless," Dantana said, using the no-argument tone she'd used on Shimrra, "they're going to be checked out."

Luke looked over at the remains of the overlord. "We're going to have to clean that up. Jacen's taken care of Tsavong Lah and Wedge says that the Vong forces are already acting erratic. Reminds me of the control that Palpatine kept over the Imperial Forces."

"Mara said that was Joruus C'baoth," Dana murmured.

"It was Palpatine," Luke said. "I know . . . I was his apprentice for a short time, remember?"

"And no one's ever done anything to you for that, have they?" she asked, still speaking in a low tone.

He looked at her for a moment, then glanced at Jaina. He sighed. "You're right. I . . . I don't think anyone's going to really blame her. But we have to call the Council."

"Mm. Yes. And I think that here would be the perfect place to do it," she said. "Is this really what the original temple looked like?"

Her husband glanced around. "Yes. Yes, it is."

"Amazing." Dana shook her head. "Well, let's not stand around here all day, I want to see my children."

[hr]

Dana

8. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    *bangs head on table* How did I forget to read yesterday's post???

Especially when it was such a good post. Colour-me-morbid, but my favourite part was where Shimrra's head went rolling away. (Or maybe that has something to do with my recent Highlander obsession...)

It's good to see that they're going to be "sensible" about what to do with Jaina...I think I'd be pretty kriffing pissed if somebody stole my babies - enough to do whatever it took to get them back, even if that meant dark-side.

Looking forward to the end of this one, Dana...and of course, to the beginning of Part II :D

~Abby~

9. Ars_longa

Mar 26, 2004
    Abby, when you'll be looking at 'Balance Point' cover and exclaiming: "My God, he is receiving a Quickening!", then you can concider yourself truly obsessed with Highlander. :)

Gotta love Dantana here. And Luke definitely needs a punch in the nose. he is getting hypocritical in his not-so-old age. :)

A.

10. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    *dashes to look at the cover of Balance Point*

My God, you're right!

11. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    "Luke, you sent me to kill him, remember?"

*sniggers*
    silly Luke...

Why didn't I know there was a part up? *whine* I had to check the forum randomly...
    ..... alright, it was posted at 4am my time, so I couldn't know... but still. :p

well, good stuff. can't wait for the ending.
    *camps on thread to wait*

12. Ars_longa

Mar 26, 2004
    Abby

My God, you're right!

Usually am. :)

A.

13. Sethathoryunet

Sethathoryunet Jedi Master star 1

May 8, 2004
    Are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet?

Not very original, but that's how I feel! 8-}

Up!!

14. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    awesome awesome posts I can't wait for more :D

15. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Abby - *bangs head on table* How did I forget to read yesterday's post???

I don't know, I'm not you!

Especially when it was such a good post. Colour-me-morbid, but my favourite part was where Shimrra's head went rolling away. (Or maybe that has something to do with my recent Highlander obsession...)

Adrian Paul is HOT!

It's good to see that they're going to be "sensible" about what to do with Jaina...I think I'd be pretty kriffing pissed if somebody stole my babies - enough to do whatever it took to get them back, even if that meant dark-side.

Yep. :)

Looking forward to the end of this one, Dana...and of course, to the beginning of Part II

Not sure when I'm going to start posting "Moment Of Weakness", but it'll be soon.

Ars_longa - Abby, when you'll be looking at 'Balance Point' cover and exclaiming: "My God, he is receiving a Quickening!", then you can concider yourself truly obsessed with Highlander.

LOL!

Gotta love Dantana here. And Luke definitely needs a punch in the nose. he is getting hypocritical in his not-so-old age.

He's always hypocritical when it comes to his women. ;)

djcati - "Luke, you sent me to kill him, remember?"

*sniggers*
    silly Luke...

:D

Why didn't I know there was a part up? *whine* I had to check the forum randomly...
    ..... alright, it was posted at 4am my time, so I couldn't know... but still.

I've been neglecting sending PMs. I find them tedious to do when it's overcast and muggy. . . . Have I ever said how much I hate Utah weather?

well, good stuff. can't wait for the ending.
    *camps on thread to wait*

Ars_longa - My God, you're right!

Usually am.

Remember, C and S are not the same. :p ;)

Sethathoryunet - Are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet?

[Alan Rickman]Are we there yet?[/Alan Rickman] :p

Not very original, but that's how I feel!

Heh! Imagine how long I've been waiting!!

JediFalcon - awesome awesome posts I can't wait for more

Dana

16. Ars_longa

Mar 26, 2004
    Remember, C and S are not the same.

Well, it wasn't exactly a conscious mistake, so it doesn't count. :)

A.

17. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Well, I think mine was worse. Did I tell you about that? I switched out the C in "Vulcan" with a V accidentally. [face_laugh]

Dana

18. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Second-to-last post, guys. Last one's tomorrow!

Katrael's X-wing settled down next to the abandoned Yuuzhan Vong landing craft. She hopped down from the fighter and stood on the bare, grassy area, helmet under arm, her red hair shining in the light reflected off the gas giant Yavin.

Her parents were just emerging from the Great Temple; her mother's arm was in a sling, her lightsaber clipped to her belt.

"I thought this was destroyed," Kaeta said.

"Jaina rebuilt it," Luke said. "And I'm thinking . . . we need to install new mechanics in the building, but . . . we have our academy back."

"And this time we're stationing a full squadron here," Katrael told her father. "Jaina commed Wedge about an hour ago to tell him that she's retiring, which she can apparently do now that she's a colonel, and he made the decision to split Twin Suns out of the military, since it was already outside the command structure, and we're officially assigned to the Jedi."

Luke blinked.

"Oh, and Cal Omas is the new Chief of State," his daughter added.

Dana stopped, turned, and looked up at the towering structure. "This is the right place for the Jedi, you know."

"Is it?" Luke asked.

He wrapped an arm around his daughter's shoulders. She stood stiffly for a moment, then leaned her head against his shoulder.

"I don't care where the academy is," he said. "As long as I have my family with me."

----------

Onboard the "Rebel Dream", Jaina left Kyp to find their assigned quarters and went to track down her parents. She found them sitting with Tahiri, who was looking pale, but whose Force sense was vibrant and whole again. Jaina was momentarily taken aback.

Han saw his daughter and immediately shot to his feet, crossing the common room and sweeping her into a hug. Jaina instantly dissolved into tears.

"I'm sorry, Daddy. I'm sorry I let you down."

"You didn't let me down, Jaina. You'll never let me down. Hells, we should have gone with you." Han hugged her tightly.

Leia came over, placed a hand on her daughter's shoulder. Jaina hugged her mother. Neither said anything; Leia knew what it was to have her children taken. She'd lost count of the number of times Jaina herself had been kidnapped.

"How are the twins?" the older woman asked.

"Cilghal's checking them. And Dana. She got hurt fighting Shimrra."

"Luke told us," Han put in. "Look, you should go rest. Whatever happens, I'm sure it'll be okay. I mean, Luke didn't do anything drastic to Kyp, and look what your husband did."

Jaina gave him a lopsided smile. "Thanks, Dad."

Last, she turned to Tahiri, who had remained seated, but now stood.

The two young women studied each other.

"Are you . . . all right?" Jaina asked.

"My other personality, Riina . . . was fighting with me. I've . . . merged the two. It wasn't easy." Tahiri glanced over to the cradle that Jaina just noticed was nearby. "My daughter . . . means so much to me. I can't thank you enough, Jaina, you and Katrael. You saved her, and you saved me."

"I, uh," Jaina stuttered. "Well, it was mostly Katrael . . ."

"Still. You are Anakin's sister. And you have helped me more than you'll know."

Impulsively, Tahiri hugged Jaina, who, after a moment, returned it.

Han smiled and glanced down at Leia. "Well, I for one am looking forward to a [i]long[/i] vacation on Mon Cal," he said.

"Count me in!" Tahiri and Jaina said in unison.

"Count [i]everyone[/i] in," Leia laughed. "I think we all deserve it."

It was good to laugh again.

[hr]

Dana

19. Babi_Tahiri

Babi_Tahiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2003
    YAY!! You finally fixed Tahiri! I kinda wish we could have seen it happen, but as long as she's whole now, I'm okay. Can't wait for more!!

~^~ Tahiri ~^~

20. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    everythings going to be alright again :) yay can't wait for more

21. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    ^_^
    wow, so niiice.
    Everything's all OK now.... or, um, nearly. And so far. 0.o;

And last post today! :eek:
    Wow! That's gonna be strange. o_o

*starts fidgeting nervously*

22. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Dana - Adrian Paul is HOT - *blinks* um, yep... =P~ ... but the show ROCKS, too!

Anyway....Yay, postie!!! Happy to see a fixed Tahiri...couldn't have her fighting with herself forever, could we? (Well, you could, I suppose...)

Can't wait for the next and final update!

~Abby~

23. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Babi_Tahiri - YAY!! You finally fixed Tahiri! I kinda wish we could have seen it happen, but as long as she's whole now, I'm okay. Can't wait for more!!

Yeah, well, I figure it happened as it did in the books. I didn't want to spend too much time on that, since she's not entirely crucial to *this* installment.

JediFalcon - everythings going to be alright again yay can't wait for more

:) More's coming up right now.

djcati - ^_^
    wow, so niiice.
    Everything's all OK now.... or, um, nearly. And so far. 0.o;

:)

And last post today!
    Wow! That's gonna be strange. o_o

You think it's strange for YOU??

*starts fidgeting nervously*

You don't know what fidgetting is until you're trying to sleep at 5 AM after a night of smashing baby spiders that suddenly hatched and are swarming all over your ceiling.

Abby - Dana - Adrian Paul is HOT - *blinks* um, yep... ... but the show ROCKS, too!

I only saw a couple episodes . . . and the first movie.

Anyway....Yay, postie!!! Happy to see a fixed Tahiri...couldn't have her fighting with herself forever, could we? (Well, you could, I suppose...)

Eh, not really . . . not with what I have planned for "Moment Of Weakness".

Can't wait for the next and final update!

I feel highly strange knowing that it's the last one . . .

Dana

24. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    And, finally, on the second anniversary of when I began posting this . . . the last chapter of "Aftershock".

Because of her injury, Dantana mostly watched as Cilghal checked out the infants. The Mon Calamarian knew more about the Yuuzhan Vong, anyway, so Dana gratefully deferred to the other Jedi Master.

Cilghal gave her an assignment or two, which she could do with the minimal use of her heavily bandaged left arm. One of them was running some tests on the twins' blood.

Finally, Cilghal made her sit down. "Wait here until Kyp and Jaina get here."

She sank down on the chair, happy to oblige. Her exhausted muscles were beginning to ache, echoing the pain in her arm. She closed her eyes, reached a tendril into the Force, and willed the pain away.

Sometime later, Kyp came in, leading a pale Jaina. He smiled at Cilghal, and gave Dana a bigger grin, then asked, "Where are our sons?"

Dantana stood, muscles protesting, and lead them over to the incubators in which she'd placed the infants. The young parents eagerly picked up their children and examined them from head to toe.

"They're fine," she said, amused by the sight. "But we would like to keep them here overnight for observation."

"Yes," Cilghal said. "And Dantana is going to stay for observation, as well."

The red-haired woman looked as if she was going to argue, but in the end kept her silence and nodded.

Jaina stroked the dark wisps on Anakin's head. "Thank you," she told the older woman. "Without you . . ."

Dana looked embarrassed. "Do not go thinking I can do that every day, because I can't. If not for that Force well under the Temple, I'd probably be dead. [i]Probably[/i]. I don't know. I know Luke thinks otherwise, or else he wouldn't have sent me."

"Why [i]did[/i] he send you to take out Shimrra?" Kyp asked, finally taking his eyes off his son.

She hesitated, then said slowly, "Luke knows about my . . . energy absorption ability. On Gaeina, I burned my hand on something hot, and . . . Luke says that when I drew my hand back, sparks came from my fingers. I don't remember that, but I remember getting a bit of a power boost from it."

Shrugging, she said, "As for my skill with a lightsaber . . . my father, before he died, pushed very hard for me to learn to weild a blade. He was fanatical about it. I still don't know why, but I know it has helped me many times.

"Luke has such a strong connection to the Force. He does things, makes decisions, based on what he gets from the Force. And, [i]usually[/i], he is right. The only time it has truly failed him was with the Yuuzhan Vong." She smiled wryly. "I personally thought he might have been sending me off to meet my death. But I went anyway, and trusted him. Whatever came, it was what I was supposed to do."

Jaina frowned. "What was that you said to Shimrra? Something about twins?"

Blue eyes went distant as Dana searched her memory. "It was something my mother told me once, when I was young. Something some ancestress said. I do not know if it applies to myself and Mara or not, but I knew it would unnerve Shimrra."

She straightened. "I do not wish to cut your time with Zeth and Anakin short, but I believe we all need to rest."

Kyp nodded. He placed Zeth in one of the beds. Dana reached over and straightened the baby's blanket. Then she turned to Kyp and Jaina, who stood with their arms around each other.

"They are fine," she repeated. She lapsed back into the formal manner that she'd been gradually losing over the past few months. "I have treated them for the spores they were exposed to, and have seen no adverse effects whatsoever. I also performed several tests."

Jaina looked up at Kyp with realisation.

"Would you like to know?" Dana asked.

Kyp smoothed this hand over Jaina's hair. "It doesn't matter to me. They are my sons."

Dantana smiled and placed her hand on their arms. "That is an excellent attitude to have. Because they are."

----------

Three hours later, aboard the "Rebel Dream", Luke got a call from Omas.

"Hello, Cal," he said. "I

25. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    That's an excellent attitude to have. Because they are. - heeee!

Wow, it's ended. It must be a strange feeling to post the last post on something that took you two years to finish!

Nice ending to a great story. I for one will be sticking around for parts II and III!

~Abby~

[EDIT] - misquoted that quote!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.