main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OK SLC Chapter for real this time

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by allenj456, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Let's seriously get a list of people that would be willing to do this. Im suggesting we meet some saturday afternoon at like a Barnes & Noble (at least they have places to sit down) and for the first meeting just get to know each other and kick around some activity ideas. Who's interested?! Let's not sit on this any longer.

2. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    I am interested, there should be a PM for you regarding this very subject. And I know that there are others here who want to make this happen too. Let's do this thing.

3. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I'm in. I'm sometimes free on weekends. As long as I'm told a head of time I can make plans for it.

4. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    OK kids- looks like we just might have here the very first official meeting. Right now looks like we could be meeting this Sat. at the Barnes & Noble on 5300 (? did i get that right Saber?) Everyones invited- more the better- lets do this. Hows 11 AM?

5. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings SLC,

You guys can do it! :cool:

The trick is to get someone to be the organizer/representative, schedule regular meetings, and JUST DO IT. ;)

I had been talking about starting up a group in Utah County since 1999. Everytime I talked to people about starting the group, I would see some interest but nothing would ever happen. Finally in August 2001 we just started scheduling meetings and the rest fell into place.

You don't have to do something Star Wars related every month. Get together and just have fun.

Good luck everybody!

6. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    Actually, it is on 5900 South State Street, by the Toys R Us. Saturday at 11:00 works for me. Hope to see you there! :)

7. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I guess I can miss out on some beauty sleep to get this chapter thing going. I'll be there. I just need to work some other things around and the day will fall into place.

8. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    Thanks Marold! You can pick the time next meeting. Where is everyone else?

9. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I would have to guess sleeping.

10. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Hi! Sorry I can't make it today, but I'm interested (to the the extent that my parents will let me-- I'll need to tackle that when the time comes). But I'm taking the SAT today, so keep me in your thoughts! If I'm done around 11 (which I doubt) I'll try to swing by and say hello (since my parents are out of town and what they don't know can't hurt them ;) ).

Em

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.