main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver Ooooh can you believe it? VANCOUVER 2ND EVENT!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by jade_angel, Apr 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Well the first event went great, though I did show up late, but luckily the others were very patient and we decided to screw Chapters and went to Mcdonalds. I'll let the other guys announce who they are if they want to :D

Anyway, it's been decided that we'll meet on the Saturday before AOTC comes out check calender Which is May 11, we might catch a movie at that time, Spiderman most likely, you guys have any suggestions?

2. JediMasterTravis

JediMasterTravis Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    Hi everyone. As JA stated we had our first meeting and I thought it went pretty well. Although we didnt do much but talk it was fun finally meeting some REAL Star Wars fans. I'm looking forward to having that second meeting the week prior to the Attack. FYI, I believe that most Canadian retail stores will be starting to sell their Episode 2 merchandise on the 25 of April. I work at Zellers and we havn't even recieved our stock yet so its obviously not tomorrow. However the Toys R Us store in Metrotown is already selling some stuff. I know because I went in their after our meeting on Saturday and was suprised to see it on their shelves. Apparently they got special permission from Lucas Film to do so. Talk to you all later JMT

3. _5_1_5_0_

_5_1_5_0_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    I totally wanna come and meet you guys... Ive been so busy with work that its been going on into my weekends now... :(
    Ill see about the 11th though!!!

4. Maruuk

Maruuk Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    I'd like to come meet everyone on the 11th. I'll prolly have seen spiderman by then but who cares :) I'm a SW Trivia guy, not a merchandise guy :) But i really look forward to meeting some people who live around here who love SW as much as i do. BTW, do any vancouverites have or know anything about when tickets go on sale at the silvercities here? If they are indeed on sale next friday we should arrange a camp out for the thursday night or something. Well, what do you guys think?

5. ImperialDrone1138

ImperialDrone1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    Hey everybody! Of course, I will be going to the meeting (unless something crazy comes up). I'm gonna campout for my tickets (whenever that is) at Silvercity Riverport. Come and join me if ya like!

6. jade_angel

Apr 4, 2001
    Hey Imperialdrone, Maruuk, glad to hear you guys are gonna come :D I look forward to seeing you two there.

7. ImperialDrone1138

Mar 15, 2002
    Hey, is this still gonna happen? Nobody has really discussed any of the arrangements recently...are we just gonna call the line up at Strawberry Hill the next meeting instead?

8. jade_angel

Apr 4, 2001
    Yeah it's still gonna happen, I suggest we meet at Silver City at Metropolis tomorrow at around... one.

9. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Congrats, guys! As an ex-pat Vancouverite, I wish you all the best in your efforts to get things moving.

After the film comes out, I am planning on visiting Van for two days (May 24-26) and I'd love to connect with other FanForcers. I have planned to see SPIRIT at Metropolis on Saturday with my ten-year old son, Padawan Kelson. Anyone wanna meet up for sushi before or after?

Drop me a line here, or PM me... I'll check back on occasion!

And now back to your regularly schedule Fan Forcedom!

:)

*Derisa*

Information Officer,
    Victory Base
    (FanForce Victoria)

10. ImperialDrone1138

Mar 15, 2002
    Damn...I don't think that I can make it by one today. :(
    I was under the impression that it was either gonna be around three or pushed to during the lineup at strawberry hill. Dang! Well I hope you guys have fun today! Tell me how it goes. Sorry that I couldn't make it.
    Later

11. spoodger14

spoodger14 Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2002
    what time is everyone planning on being at strawberry hill?

I live witihn walking distance but wasn't planning on being there until early evening, possibly 8' o'clock or so, although i will be checking the line up a couple times during the day, and base my actions on what I see.

Some of us from SWvancouver@yahoogroups.com are also going to be meeting up, give us the info and we can all join up together and possibly take the first spots in line.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.