main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Opening scene

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by STARBOB, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i think tatooine probably will have a role in the opening scene reminiscent of the first film.

2. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

I want Great Ambitions to play in the background. As young Sydow and his fellow officers exchange....stares

3. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    And then switching to an older Sydow still having a smile on his face.

Odolwa likes this.
  4. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013
    It will be a pan down shot to the Falcon flying through space

5. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I agree that the most amazing opening ship would definitely be the Falcon. What would be interesting is if Han and Chewie were not flying it, but rather Daisy or someone else.

thejeditraitor and EviL_eLF like this.
  6. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I could see it being the Falcon being chased, or a ship at least being chased, before it ends up crashing on Tatooine and the pursuit continues down to the surface - maybe Ridley is the one they're after or something.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  7. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    I think it has to start in the middle of a conflict for the sake of pace... but I can`t come up with a particular scene...

8. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Actually, I really like this idea. I never thought of this before. Perhaps over the last few decades (despite Luke's imploring to the contrary) the galaxy has done without Jedi at all for one reason or another, but in the interim-and as a result-things have really gone to h. e. Double hockey sticks in the galaxy in their absence. And then the premise of episode VII (or perhaps the trilogy) could be the reemergence of the Jedi order. Sounds great, IMO!!

I did have another thought – what is there to say that the first scene (or even the early part of the film) will be on tattooine at all? Just because they're filming it first doesn't mean it'll appear first. Movies are often filmed out of order. Just a thought…

rdhight and markdeez like this.
  9. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Wasn't the rumour that the film would open with the Falcon flying overhead of the camera, blaster hits bouncing off the hull as the whole ship lurches from one side to the other in response to the laser strikes. Following it on screen is a large destroyer, not necessarily an Imperial ship, firing on the Falcon. Cut to the cockpit and Han and Chewie are deperately trying to get the Falcon into hyperspace, behind them 3P0 say's to Leia "we've had it this time".

10. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    PAN DOWN to Tatooine.

Milennium Falcon races over chased by Star Destroyer.

C3PO: General Solo, the odds of successfully landing on Tatooine without getting sand on the ship are......

HAN: Never tell me the odds, Goldenrod!

LEIA: Han, what are you doing?

HAN: Luke says the Tosche station can fix our hyperdrive!

**** But seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if Tatooine is the opening scene. Of course, nothing we know of necessitates that, other than that it would be a cool homage to the OT. I would say there is a 40% chance it's Tatooine. I would have that higher, but two of the other movies basically opened with it (I'm including ROTJ because Tat was the first major sequence, even though the first scene of the movie was actually the Death Star).

11. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    I think JJ is absolutely going to try and pay homage/one-up the opening shot of ANH. The camera will pan down to an empty star field for a few seconds, lingering quietly, and then not one, but a dozen ships will fly past the camera, quickly followed by a full armada of enemy ships and fighters. The enemy ships will be led by the main villain, who destroys all but two of the ships, one of which escapes into hyperspace and the other gets boarded.

The scene will be big , it will be loud, it will be fast but not recklessly so, and it will very confidently say "Yes. Star Wars is back."

rdhight likes this.
  12. Julian Skywalker-Solo

Julian Skywalker-Solo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 21, 2014
    Establish the bad guys, show them kill some people, and tell us what they're after. I really want them to keep it simple.

13. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Well every single OT opening had an Imperial Star Destroyer doing something, it's one of the things Zahn mimicked in the Thrawn Trilogy. In the PT it's always a Republic ship doing something... Be it a courier ship, the Naboo yacht, or a Venator-class.

If the New Republic is in power, that opening shot will be a New Republic ship. If you want it to establish the bad guys in the opening sequence, what if it's a some sort of modern Mon Cal chasing the bad-guys for once. There are a lot of things they could do.

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Both TPM and ANH introduced us to the main villain and his forces while also introducing the good guys as well. VII will probably do the same.

Revanfan1, EviL_eLF and Satipo like this.
  15. Julian Skywalker-Solo

Julian Skywalker-Solo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 21, 2014

You could have a newer & bigger looking Mon Calamari cruiser pull in a derelict ship with its tractor beam. They dock & the boarding party discovers a single unarmed man. He is brought before the captain & then he uses the force to take control of the ship (either using force telekinesis.)

He hyperspaces the ship to Tatooine and lands there. (I'm thinking Tatooine would have some ancient army built by the Siths or Mandalore in frozen carbonite buried deep underground)

16. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    Adam Driver driving a cruiser to pick up von Sydow`s character from the retirement home, so that he can help him to take over the galaxy...

Darth_Corvus likes this.
  17. fives_is_alive

fives_is_alive Jedi Knight

Jun 13, 2014
    (First post so I appreciate your patience)

Imagine this opening:
    The camera moves down after the opening scrawl. We see a lone planet set against the darkness of space just like in ANH. We see a beautiful CGI Imperial Class Star Destroyer fly away from the screen. But wait! It is under atttack! What would make a Star Destoyer run in fear? Our answer would come soon. Two Mon Calamari cruisers are in hot pursuit laying down a barrage of laser fire toward the Star Destroyer.

Why? I have no idea. I just love the thought of ANH in reverse with imperials running for their lives instead of our heroes. I know others have mention this idea, but I thought having some of the imperial remnants fleeing on a Star Destroyer was cool. Thanks for reading!

my kind of scum likes this.
  18. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I've actually envisaged a street scene on Coruscant with normal daily business happening. We then happen upon shadowy figures who are up to no good who then proceed to exact a terrorist style attack on a significant part of the city. A back story of different factions seeking control, and attacking each other in the power vacuum that the victory at Endor unwittingly gave rise to. Something along those lines anyway *shrug*

19. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    It'd be kinda cool if we see a Star Destroyer enter the frame, and we realize it's being chased by an even bigger Mon Cal ship. The New Republic hunting down the Imperial Remnant. But then it backfires on them somehow, like the ship's a decoy or something, and the villain gets the upper hand.

Whatever it is, I think they should just jump straight into an action sequence. The great thing about ANH is we're thrown into a conflict without any context, and we gradually learn what's going on. With 30 years between ROTJ and Episode VII, an action-packed opening would give us the feeling that a lot has been happening during those years.

20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Can't wait to see what ship(s) will be seen in the opening scenes of the ST. Loved that Zahn starts off his books on a Star Destroyer (aside from Outbound Flight).

Lord Chazza likes this.
  21. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    Narrator: "Previously on Star Wars" :D

Lord Chazza and TK327 like this.
  22. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    What have you done to my ship?!:eek:

Absolutely. It is imperative the Episode 7 begins like this:

TK327 likes this.
  23. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    How about a mirror of the ANH opening with the Millenium Falcon in place of the Star Destroyer. But...instead of the star destroyer capturing the Falcon, the Falcon leads it to where a whole fleet is waiting?

Or if you want the silly parody route: TIE fighter chased by the Falcon, chased by a star destroyer, chased by a mon cal ship, chased by a super star destroyer.

24. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    Luke Skywalker vs Sith Lord to START the film :)

25. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    ;)

markdeez likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.