main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Most of my players are NBA inspired. Just cause it's the league I follow most. Everyone brings in their own influences and we get one awesome game.

Trieste likes this.
  2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008

I suppose I could dust Jonas off if people really wanted me to. After all, he was totally popular. :D

As for Spring Training, as much as having a Limmie alternative would be awesome, I just don't think we could swing it. Pun. But if someone wanted to take the Mantle on that (Mickey, of course), I would be down for it. And it does give me an idea for my team (no, I won't be copying the Mantle-Maris home run duel of '61).

And I also need Skills Challenge participants. Please PM those to me.

3. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    True, Vagabond. True.

And 1927 Bronx Bombers? Big Red Machine? Death of the Curses? The improbable postseason legend of MadBum? All lovely morsels to use, yesss...

Now you all know my favorite sport. :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  4. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Golf?

Sent from the edge of a galaxy far, far away via my comlink

Darth_Elu likes this.
  5. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    True, Bardan_Jusik, so true. I think some of that was instigated by Taab and Vehn back in the day :p. Had/have such great times with this game. Its ridiculously awesome.

Trieste and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  6. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    had to keep the money with the owners where it belongs. Who knows what a player like Penn would waste his salary on? :p

Vehn, jcgoble3, Trieste and 1 other person like this.
  7. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    [​IMG]

Sent from the edge of a galaxy far, far away via my comlink

jcgoble3, Bardan_Jusik and Trieste like this.
  8. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    I asked local EU expert jcgoble3 and we decided that lightball was as good as any other stand in. To our knowledge, there's been no parallel explicitly stated.
    Funny you should mention that...it was the first thing that came to mind when I saw those headlines.
    That is 100% right. [face_laugh]

Darth_Elu, jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  9. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    First post in the game up for me. :D [face_dancing]

10. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Nice! Looks like a good start. :D

Also, one thing I should probably mention, in case you're not already aware: your LFL team (Honoghr Honor) isn't actually in the LFL yet. The LFL is restricted to development teams of current ELL teams and is not open to affiliates of PLL teams. So the Honor would currently be playing in a lower-level league, most likely a regional league such as the North Outer Rim Limmie League, and would be moved to the LFL at the same time the Beast Riders are promoted to the ELL.

Although we've never formally defined any professional leagues other than the ELL, PLL, LFL, and GCLA as "canon" in this universe, various posts have been written with the assumption that the tier below the PLL is made up of multiple regional leagues, which are fully professional, and the next tier below that consists of various semi-professional leagues covering smaller areas, such as a few sectors. Also, for regional definitions, due to the size of the Outer Rim, this game has a history of typically dividing the Outer Rim into North and South, based on the map from The Essential Atlas (available HERE). Honoghr is at T-10 on that map, so is probably North, but a case could possibly be made for making it South.

These lower leagues don't have official scores rolled, so it would be up to you to invent scores for the Honor if you choose to write about their exploits this season. Once they are in the LFL, official scores will be rolled for them every Sunday, so at that point, they will be at the mercy of the RNG.

Just wanted to give you this information so that you can write your posts accordingly, and so you don't wonder why the Honor isn't in LFL scores this season. Have fun!

Trieste and Darth_Elu like this.
  11. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    *nods* I figured as much since the LFL is already in mid swing. Seeing how the Beast Riders are only ushered in like this because the rest of the PLL is NPC and thus wasn't tracked before now; I figured the case would not be the same for the Honor which was why I excluded them this time around.

But thank you for that info, should I do anything with Honoghr before their joining of the LFL, I can now keep that all in mind. :-B

jcgoble3 likes this.
  12. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    If you haven't sent me your Skills Challenge participants yet, and intend to participate, please send them to me today so that I can have All-Star Weekend stuff up tomorrow. Otherwise it will be mostly NPC teams, and no one wants to see that. ;)

13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    jcgoble3 does it again with deep canon knowledge! :D

By the by, fun fact after resolving this week's scores:
    In both the ELL and Premier League Inner Rim Division, the standings did not change one iota. I have no idea what this means. :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  14. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Not exactly . . .

15. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    An ominous sign…at least Onderon recorded a win this week. Back and forth! :p

16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Thanks to some points from Gunny I have confirmed that he is indeed correct. There was a conference record error and I was just out to lunch on reordering the standings after modifying wins and losses.

Sadly, the post from way back when is truncated, but when I looked at Oscar winners this morning I thought, "Ah, now I finally have a picture to go with Alana Glencross's 268 Salbukk win!"

[​IMG]

:p

17. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Since I have been overly busy today, I will push the All-Star Weekend reveal until tomorrow. That means you still have a chance to send in Skills Challenge participants if you have not already. ;)

18. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I just realized that I'm in NPC hell right now. Denon in Week 6. Dac in Week 7. Jakku in Week 8. Stewjon in Week 9.

I can't get to Vehn and his Smugglers in Week 10 fast enough. :p

19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

I end the season on that four games, four NPC teams run.

20. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Bring it, Bardan_Jusik.....this one has some serious implications for seeding down the road ;)

21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I'm just hoping that Dac collapses down the stretch and we get three PC teams in.

Trieste, Vehn and Darth_Elu like this.
  22. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Yeahh...good luck with that one.

No matter the victor, fight hard Vehn Bardan_Jusik. Will have a Dos Iziz waiting for the winner. ;)

Trieste, Bardan_Jusik and Vehn like this.
  23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Stay thirsty my friends.

And wow, pretty great All-Star Week for the Miners! Now I'm going to have to expand my post for this week to talk about it!

Darth_Elu likes this.
  24. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I am hoping to do an all star recap myself tonight. Short and sweet I would expect, not much time.

25. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Do what you can. :)

Also, go University of Onderon, Rupings! [face_dancing]:p

Edit: Managed to post in time! Watch out all, coming in hot!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.