main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST "...Perhaps she, will"

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Parparamia, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Parparamia

Parparamia Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2004
    I am prepared for maximum butthurt on this one....but still...please be gentle. We hear Vader tell Luke that if he wont turn to the dark side, Perhaps she (Leia) will. They fight...we think its over. We also think (at least i do) that the only twists in front of us are who are whose parents...but now that we are past TFA...i feel we need to look at this in more of a strategic mindset.

I think Snoke is like the Grevious of the sequal trilogy. The real bad 'guy' is really a 'girl'...and it is Leia. We already know that TFA was similar to ANH....perhaps the Sequel trilogy itself will closely mirror past elements....such as somone on the inside who everyone thinks is good (think Palpatine)....but in actuality is bad (sidious).

We know she still has tinglings of the force...cause she feels it when Han dies. Vader contacted her somehow from beyond and turned her. I believe Leia corrupted Ben.

How could she learn to use the dark side...she seems to have a visible and busy schedule...ie..not a lot of time for dark side training. I can only guess that Vader, now a dark ghost of sorts....visits his baby girl during her dreams...and passes on dark side knowledge.

I think he gave up on Luke...and went right to work on Leia....

This sets up a similar ending as well....instead of Father against Son.....

Its good Brother against bad Sister. this house is clear. :)

2. StarKiller81

StarKiller81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2014
  3. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    I don't see that happening. I can imagine Snoke or Kylo trying to turn Leia against Luke but that's about it. The idea of Leia being the big bad is pretty preposterous.

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....

No.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  5. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    As much as I like the idea of Leia being A bad guy, even briefly, I don't see it happening. If her spirit hasn't broken by the beginning of TFA, it isn't going to break now.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  6. Zev.Love.X

Zev.Love.X Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2015
    It could have worked and made a good story. But no one went for it. I seriously doubt it's planned at this point.

7. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015
    No. Not possible.

8. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    I dig your idea about someone being the true leader and Snoke just a pawn like Grievous.

9. DarthHavok

DarthHavok Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2002

jewlmc17 likes this.
  10. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    no. Han is already dead, I don't need more evil Skywalkers. and more importantly, I wouldn't buy evil leia at ALL.

Deliveranze likes this.
  11. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I really doubt it despite that Lucas once had this idea and that both Luke & Leia would fight to death. I just can't see it happening. ;)

Shaak Ti likes this.
  12. Cyan_Dawn

Cyan_Dawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 1999
    Biggest reason I'd say no to this is Carrie Fisher. While I've always gotten a kick out of her, and thought she did fine in TFA, she's not main villain material (to put it lightly). Remember, she was essentially retired from acting, so I expect her to have bit parts in the next two movies, similar to what she had in TFA. Asking her to suddenly take up the mantle of a supreme evil overlord of the galaxy would be too much.

13. AplagueOnTheWise

AplagueOnTheWise Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    Haha this would be crazy nuts. I personally think Rey is going to turn and be killed by Kylo in his redemption , now that's some butt hurtness!

14. choccy

choccy Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 18, 2004
    I already said the other day, Leia is the Villain. She manipulated Han to going to confront Kylo and she mentions the word "light" and not good like Luke did in the Original Trilogy.

Leia say's there is still "light in him" and tricks Han to seeing him and ultimately removing the "light" from him by killing Han.

Luke in Jedi talked only about the "Good" within Vader. Leia even tried to talk Luke out of Confronting / trying to turn Vader back again.

Don't trust the General.

Jedimaster_Prowl likes this.
  15. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I am pretty sure it's not true. It's too big an emotional betrayal. People would come out of the theatre angry. They love Leia too much. It's like killing Newt in Alien 3.

But damn, it would be fun. It would take LARGE dangly bits for Rian to do that. If you are reading this sir, do it.

16. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    You know, as far fetched as this might seem, I kind of like it. It would certainly be a crazy surprise to find out that Leia was behind everything. Imagine if Ben didn't even know. Imagine the look on his face when he found out. Mommy!!!!

...but I doubt it! :p

17. LastJediKnight

LastJediKnight Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    I have no doubt Leia is turning to the Dark Side of the Force in 8. Its the only story she really has left. But she's not going to be the big bad, just a tragic figure.

Keep in mind, Leia has a very solid history of being one daffy b***h. Remember, she's the one that thought jumping into a trash compactor was a brilliant idea. Or bluffing Jabba with a fake bomb and ending up a slave girl. She's always been shown to make Bad Decisions.

choccy likes this.
  18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    What would be Leia's motivation for turning to the dark side? She's not inherently evil like Palpatine. She's always been a champion for freedom so I can't see her wanting power for herself. She's able to cope with losing those she loves and is even willing to sacrifice them for the greater good of the galaxy. I just don't see anything that would make her turn.

19. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    :leia: "Join me Ben and we can rule the galaxy together as mom and son!"
    :kylo: "Yay!"

CakeThiefPro and Sarge like this.
  20. Teabone

Teabone Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2016
    I personally don't think Leia's personal story will be pushed much further beyond where its at now.

21. MauiMisfit

MauiMisfit Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    I think it'd be an interesting twist and I certainly wouldn't be opposed to it.

Although, I sincerely doubt they would go that way with one of the OT characters, except maybe Luke (who almost went dark in the script for RotJ -- and Hamill wanted to have Luke go dark).

22. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    I'd say if her spirit wasn't broken by the END of TFA (ie Han's death by their son), she won't be breaking at all. Her send off to Rey didn't look like a broken person that will then fall to evil. Looked more hopeful than anything. It would be an interesting twist if it did happen, and she became a villain.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

23. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    Well jumping into the compactor did save their collective bacon. Where do you cite her using a fake thermal detonator in Jabba's palace?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk