main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx PFF FAN FILM?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LORDPARSEC, Jun 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    As was suggested before, how about a SW parody of the Three Stooges...the Three Sith Lords?

2. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    I just had the coolest idea ever. It's not a SW film, but what if we did a remake of the old Twilight Zone series where someone actually makes it to the end of the internet... We could shoot it in black-and-white, have lots of campy special effects, and find somebody who can do a good Rod Serling impression. That would be cool.

3. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
  4. FiftyFootDwarf

FiftyFootDwarf Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    It'd be rather interesting to have a film that focused on three padawans competing to become the new sith apprentice. Perhaps their first task is to kill their own masters, and then they must meet up and fight each other until only one is left standing.

5. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    IA, i got a similar but funnier idea just a minute ago on the photo thread you put up, i guess it makes more sense to have it here...

the three jedi

a spoof on the three amigos. i've got two names down... instead of dusty bottoms, we could have dusty tunic, and instead of ned nederlander, ned nerfherder. we could spoof the whole movie or maybe do the black and white silent film treatment like their films in the movie.

this would of course be starring the dark jedi triplets. :)

6. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    ROTFL!!! [face_laugh] I LOVE IT!!!

7. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    NED: ...Line?
    DUSTY: Where ever Liberty is threatened, you'll...
    NED: Where ever Liberty is threatened, you will find THE THREE AMIGOS!

ROFL! I am sooooo there! How about NED PLETHERTABARDS...? Eh, a work in progress... I like the silent movie idea. Not a lot of sound to worry about and plenty of Desert!
    USELESS FACT: "The Three Amigos" was actually filmed at Old Tucson Studios. The actual "silent movie" you see in the film has the famous mission church where a lot of the old John Wayne films were shot.

8. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    LOLOL!!! I just had this vision of Joel and Moe doing the "My Little Buttercup" number in their full-out Sith gear. hee hee hee!!

[face_laugh]

9. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    I just had this vision of Joel and Moe doing the "My Little Buttercup" number in their full-out Sith gear.

LOL [face_laugh]

I love the idea about the cliff-hanger, serial type films. That was, after all, where it all started. :)

10. JediHunterAlpha

JediHunterAlpha Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    hey, count me in on acting, prop making, dramatic death scenes, whatever,

just no singing ;)

JediHunterAlpha

11. Idiots Array

Jan 3, 2000
    Hey, I'm up for singing...as long as you can put up with my voice. ;)

12. harpm1

harpm1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2002
    Since there seems to be a general enthusiasm for making a fan film I thought I'ld drop this link into the mix. I'm sure many of you have already seen it or have your own handbooks on filmmaking but this was made with Star Wars in mind and helps put things in perspective. This is mostly for those unfamiliar to the wonderful and exciting world of the independent film. There are sublinks for costumes, props, writing, etc.

Fanfilms For Dummies

You might also want to check out what others have done before us (if you haven't already) through The Force Net or Atom Films

:)

13. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    Fan Film? Woo-hoo! I'll help out any way that I can. :)

14. CaptHowdy_00

CaptHowdy_00 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2002
    Ok we need to figure out, who will rite the epic. Then we need to get the equipment, including the postproduction stuff. We need someone to do music and sound. We need someone for props and costumes. A director and finaly actors.
    I know alot of us would love to be in the movie, but seeing that we have limited time, we can only use a few people.
    I would love to do whatever is needed. And if i can have a cameo that would be great.

15. CaptHowdy_00

May 15, 2002
    Great Idea For the Film.

It could be Monty Python like. But insted of calling it "The search for the Holy Grail."
    We call it some thing like, The Search for the Force"
    And like in MP movie whetre you had the squires following Knioghts around and doing all the soud efects we can do the same thing, exept with the Jedi.

Or we can do a Soap, "As the Force Turns". "All My Jedi".

Anyway, I am realy stoked about this. We should have a meeting, with those that want to be involved.

EDIT: Oh thought of another thing. What if we make it like a Springer talk show. We can have Vader admitting that Luke and leiya are his Kids. We can even edit some springer in there. Just a thought.

16. QuiGon_butnot4gotten

QuiGon_butnot4gotten Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    I thought we were writing the script for the PFF fan film over in the pillow fight thread?

17. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    Shhh, QuiGon!! That was a secret. Now we have to give everyone screenplay credit! :D

18. CaptHowdy_00

May 15, 2002
    I starr=ted wirking on one or two short scripts. They should be ready in about a week or so. Anyone, that would like to doctor these and would like to brain storm? I'd like to get together and get the ball rolling on this.

19. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    C_H,

I love that Jerry Springer idea, a bit of Austin Powers 2 were Dr Evil and his son are on the show. Love that idea.

20. BKJediKnight

BKJediKnight Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2002
    yeah like a comlink made out of a womens razor.

21. BKJediKnight

Jun 13, 2002
    We cant use the pillow fight now for a script because now I would have to get naked.

22. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    relax, we've got digital editing these days ;)

23. maulsrevengeB80

maulsrevengeB80 Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2002
    honestly funny you mention talking about a fan film. my friends and i are currently in the middle of writing a script. it is not going to be a 5 min film however. it could be anywhere between 30-70 minutes. we have discussed some ideas for scenes. one includes a huge battle scene. with that in mind we would need everyone to be involved as extras and maybe a few of you as some supporting actors and actresses. we will need a crew as well. when we have the script completed i will bring it to a meeting.

24. BKJediKnight

Jun 13, 2002
    I will do anything to be in a fan film I have a Jedi robe and have lightsaber skills. I would love to even be an extra or something.

25. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    maulsrevengeB80: If you can bring a completed script to the next FanForce meeting (in July) that would be great. :D Just be aware that different people have ideas and that your script would be one of many ideas to be voted upon for an actual FanForce fan-film. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.