main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx PHXFF Meeting #10: Saturday, November 9th

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by sideshow212, Oct 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    i will now post a monthly thread for everyone to look over the topics to be voted on and discussed at the next meeting. we have about 2 weeks until the meeting, (Nov. 9th) this should give everyone plenty of time to get familiar with the issues at hand.
    if, in my infinite wisdom ( :p) i forgot a topic, PM me and i will get it on here...

topic #1 - the proposed PHXFF constitution - VOTE

Mission Statement

Phoenix Fan Force is a non-profit club for fans of the Star Wars saga. Phoenix Fan Force (PHXFF) is all about getting fans together in our community and helping them meet and interact with each other. If there is a convention, movie screening, and/or a book signing, PHXFF will make an effort to take part in the event. We also do movie viewings, watch Star Wars videos, have restaurant outings, and camp-out/line-up for Episode III!
    TheForce.Net?s Fan Force Forums are used by PHXFF members to meet fellow like minded folks in our local, physical community. The Fan Force Forums are also an online tool for us fans to get together, discuss, and plan outings and events.

Rules/Regulations

Membership:

All you have to do to become a PHXFF member is create a user account, post on the Fan Force Forum, and live in the Phoenix Metro area (exceptions can be made)!
    Dues:
    There are none! Becoming a PHXFF member is free, and as a member you will never be obligated to pay anything. However, some things do require money. In these events, the Treasurer will collect money on a voluntary basis. Each member can contribute as much as they feel comfortable with. The Treasurer will record who paid and what amount, so that if the total amount needed is not reached, every member who paid in will get there money back. If any funds are left over, they will be used to purchase meeting necessities (i.e. eating utensils) or saved for our next collection.
    Official Meetings:
    Official Meetings are held on the second Saturday of every month, currently at the Atomic Comics store in mesa, at 3:00pm. Official Meetings will be conducted in this order: the President will call to order, we will then discuss and vote on topics, then open the floor for any other business. Plates, cups and utensils will be provided by Council; bringing food is a voluntary decision by those who come to the meeting. Generally it is a pot-luck affair, most people bring snack foods to share with everyone.
    Voting:
    The majority of Council must be present at the Official Meeting to call votes. If a member wishes to cast a vote on a topic, but cannot attend the Official Meeting, they may Private Message the vote over the Fan Force Forum to the President before the vote is called at the Official Meeting, and the President will record and cast the vote for them. All votes are won with a simple majority. Council positions will be voted on every six months (currently in April and October). Council members may run for consecutive terms.
    Misconduct:
    If any person attending a PHXFF activity, meeting, or event acts disorderly or in a way that is disruptive, the President will attempt to rectify the situation. If the situation cannot be resolved, they may be asked to leave the meeting or event. If any person disobeys the Terms of Service on the Fan Force Forum, the City Rep will warn them of the infraction and attempt to correct it if possible. If any PHXFF member has to be asked to leave a meeting or event, or continues to disobey the ToS after being warned by the City Rep, the RSA will contact them, and their account on the Fan Force Forum may be suspended until the next Official Meeting, at which time they will be given an opportunity to plead their case to the attending members. If a ban vote is passed, the person is expelled from all meetings/events as well as the Fan Force Forum indefinitely. If the members vote to let the person remain, their Fan Force Forum account will be immediately reinstated. These same rules apply to Council m

2. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Sounds good. Of course, you realise it will have to be revised after 2005. :p

We also do movie viewings, watch Star Wars videos, have restaurant outings, and camp-out/line-up for Episode III!

That's the problem w/ premiers. They only premier once. :p

3. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    eh, it's not a problem...we have a couple years! ;)

4. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    Thanks for including the Flag event sideshow I'll be updating that thread this week with final plans.

5. liquido

liquido Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    It may only seem like somantics, but could you change your membership section as follows?:

Membership:
    Voting Membership to the PHXFF will be bestowed upon petitioners who attend two Official Meetings within a four month period, post on the Fan Force Forum, and pass a vote by the attending voting members at the second Official Meeting the petitioner attends.
    The benefit of voting membership is that only members can vote on topics at Official Meetings.
    Anyone; voting member, petitioner, non-voting member, or otherwise, may post on the Fan Force Forum, unless banned by an RSA.
    To maintain voting membership, a voting member must attend at least one Official Meeting or event every six months.
    Special cases regarding voting membership can be made, depending on the situation.

6. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    happy now?

7. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Sounds good. I'll be at the meeting with bells on... well not bells. I might be dressed as a hobbit (I'm going to a LOTR thing later that evening). tee hee!

LP :D

8. liquido

liquido Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Yes, thanks Josh. The old wording made board members who can't attend real life meetings appear to be second-class members. I'm sure that wasn't anyone's intent, which is why I made the suggestion. Thanks again! :) <insert thumbs up icon here>

9. Ion_Control

Ion_Control Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2002
    Anything else that needs to be changed/discussed? :confused:

10. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I will not be attending this meeting, most likely. I'm going camping and shooting and don't think I'll be back by then. But I might be convinced to make the after-par-tay. [face_devil]

Have fun, and good luck.

11. Ion_Control

Ion_Control Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2002
  12. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    I'll still be coming to discuss alternate arragements for the Flag DVD release event.

13. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    Choads Girl *yes me again* I had posted a thread? Sorry I'm still new to all of this... anyway it is about the "Christmas for Kids" idea. I'd like to find out more of what is already planned and get ideas suggestions on what we can or can't do. From what I have seen of the fan force and the events participated in >I< feel that we should use our presence in the community for the good of the force... otherwise we might as well be a sorority (sp)house. once again just >my thoughts< no inslut intended.

14. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    FOR MEETING TOPICS !!!

Please post here and PM our secretary so he can add it to the agenda. Thank you :)

15. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Should Sistine be given the title...San Diego Emissary of the PFF

8-}

Love you all and have a great meeting...I'll be flinging Horsey Podoo!!!

16. mrbunny666

mrbunny666 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2002
    Im quitting my Kids Party job.
    I promised them Id work this last weekend.

And wouldnt you know it, 1 of the 2 parties i have is from 3pm-5pm Saturday.

But no more after this.
    I will call around when i finish my paryt to see what is happening after the meeting.

17. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Just giving this a quick up before the meeting :).

18. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I posted the story on the main site.

19. arizonasithlord

arizonasithlord Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2002
    Uh... this was at 3pm at the atomic in mesa right?? or did i go to the wrong atomic?? i was there at 15 till 3pm by the atomic near the harkins theater stayed till about 10 after and went home. lemme know if i went to the wrong one please.....

20. Mexchewy70

Mexchewy70 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2001
    Hope the meeting is going/went ok. Sorry, busy with work. I'd like to know where the after meeting party is at (sorry). I will be unable to check my account so I will PM Moe my number and he can call me since I know you all are going to his place. I just don't know how to get there. See ya later.

21. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Uh... this was at 3pm at the atomic in mesa right?? or did i go to the wrong atomic?? i was there at 15 till 3pm by the atomic near the harkins theater stayed till about 10 after and went home. lemme know if i went to the wrong one please.....

Atomic Comics has moved to Country Club and Southern (which is down the street from Alma School and Southern).

22. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    I have my notes from the meeting. I'll be sending out the minutes in the next day or so. Oh, and expect to see some interesting pictures from this one. ;)

23. arizonasithlord

Apr 10, 2002
    ok country club and southern , now what comic shop is on the northeast side of alma and southern? by the harkins, music shop and the pizza place??

24. arizonasithlord

Apr 10, 2002
    alright now im just downright confused ( which isnt a new thing) but i did go to a comic shop their on southern and alma, next to a harkins theater at 3pm. bought comics waited thinking that was the place....oh well hope to catch you guys next time then...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.