main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Portrait of a Queen: Sabe's Story (pre, TPM, after)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Aug 12, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Ohh Happy Birthday Amidolee. Great post by the way.

May you have dreams of Obi-Wan/Ewan on a horse tonight. LOL

2. MaraJSkywalker

MaraJSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2000
    Happy Birthday! Great post today!

3. Alpha_Ferdante

Alpha_Ferdante Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 1999
    Great post!

Happy Birthday!

4. jedi sarah

jedi sarah Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2000
    Well, I'll say what everybody else said. Happy Birthday and great post!

5. Queen Sabé

Queen Sabé Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 1999
    I've just spent an hour reading through your whole story. It's great! I am a great advocate for the whole Sabé/Obi-Wan relationship and I like how you've made it very subtle and innocent - there's an underlying connection between them that is very touching.

Keep up the wonderful story!

Happy Birthday!

**The first time I got to drive my car by myself, I was pulling out of spacedock and preparing for the jump to lightspeed.

6. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    Great post, Amidolee!

And a Happy Belated Birthday to you!

7. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Thank you!!! Yes, I had an awesome time!

But now I think you all might get a little angry with me redface.gif I, uh, kinda didn't have time to type the other night and I don't have anything to post today redface.gif

But I will type Chap 10 up tonight and get started on the conclusion as soon as I can! This weekend posts may be slow because Saturday I will be nowhere near a computer because I'm going to my grandma's house. We're giving her a surprise party.

Again, I'm sorry redface.gif

Here's some rotten fruit to throw at me eek.gif

8. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    I don't think I've posted on this thread before, but I've been reading this story for awhile now, and now it's one of the first threads I check every day...With TPM on video now, I've watched it the last few nights, and now I keep thinking of this story while watching it! Especially those scenes when Sabe poses as Queen, and when Ami tells the secret; You're right, I think Obi-Wan did know .

Keep up the great work! You've been doing a great job of posting frequently and everything, so it's okay if you miss a night. We'll miss you over the weekend, though!

JMMJ has no rotting fruit, so she throws money into the author's cap instead

OH! And you have another story?! By all means, post it! I'll come; just say where!

9. jedi sarah

jedi sarah Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2000
    Oh sure! Everyone wishes you happy birthday and we don't get a new post? just kidding! i'll wait patiently

10. roomies with no lives

roomies with no lives Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 1999
    Boris here:
    I dont know if Natasha has already posted here, but both of us love this fic...

Happy birthday Amidolee!

-Boris

11. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    so cool.gif

Nice link to the JA with Tahl...

It's so sad!

MORE!

12. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Ugh, horrible day Just horrible! It would have been a truly horrible day, but in PE the Army Reserves came and set up a repelling tower in our gym! It was so cool.gif I only got to go twice though. They came before to do a night-vision obstacle course for my class.

Oh, I did find my disk with my other story on it I lost it the other night and about tore the house apart looking for it- but I have it now!!!!!

I'll start posting it tonight maybe. Oh, and this post isn't as great as my others since I ran into a 500 meter high block. But I think I'm getting past that. This whole story has been written out, then typed, then posted. I think to speed things up I'll just type as it comes to my head so I don't fall behind. I'd hate to leave all you wonderful people hanging while I try to juggle high school and other projects at the same time with my writing (personally i think i should ignore school and do my writing

So, anyway, here's another post!!!

Chapter Ten

?Would you please stop fidgeting?? Sache cried in exasperatiom. ?You?re giving me a headache!?

?Sorry,? apologized Sabe, clamping her hands tight. She bit her lip. ?I can?t help it!? She glanced down the long hallway to the closed double doors of the Hall of Heroes and the neighboring chambers. The Jedi Council had arrived hours earlier to test Anakin. In the Hall, funeral preparations were underway. The adjoining chamber was currently occupied by the Jedi Council. Obi-Wan Kenobi was waiting in another chamber across the hall for the results.

?We have to go,? Sache said, tugging on Sabe?s cloak sleeve. ?Amidala wants us back.?

Sabe reluctantly turned and followed her friend from the anteway. Why was it taking so long? She hadn?t talked to Obi-Wan since the Concil?s arrival. Anakin had been sulking around the palace and Sabe had been handed his charge. Although Sabe didn?t mind looking after Anakin, she was beginning to tire of the boy?s moodiness. She knew she shouldn?t, and that they boy had suffered so much in pst few days, but did he have to mope so? Keeping Obi-Wan from breaking down had been tiring and Sabe didn?t want to deal with Anakin if the Council refused him again.

Sabe and Sache entered the Queen?s chambers. Amidala was in a state of mid-dress, face half-painted and her dark undergarments on. Eirate was fussing with the lipstick and Rabe was examining the purple gown. Yane was polishing the gold crown and unruffling the veil.

?See?? Sabe complained. ?You don?t need me.?

Amidala looked up at her with concerned eyes. ?What did the Council decide??

Eirtae growled as Amidala?s lips became pink and smudged. Amidala smirked at her agitation, then turned back to Sabe. Sabe sighed. ?I don?t know. They weren?t finished.?

?And Obi-Wan?? Amidala asked. Eirate gave her a withering glare.

Sabe just shook her head. ?What do you want me to do??

Yane handed her a list of errands and Sabe gave another sigh.

~~~~~~~

To Sabe?s dismay, she found Anakin instead of Obi-Wan. He looked thoughtful, but also anxious. When he saw Sabe he brightened slightly. Sabe greeted him and hurried over. She walked quickly, only the slightest trace of a limp in hr steps. ?Hello, Anakin.?

?Hi,? Anakin greeted. ?Where?s Padme??

Sabe smiled slightly at the boy?s use of Amidala?s alias. ?You can go see her for a little bit, Ani.? She took note of the boy?s immediate eagerness.

Anakin took off down the hall and Sabe let him go, knowing he would be fine by himself. If Anakin was finished testing, then perhaps Obi-Wan was free. She hurried towards the Hall of Heroes. There was a quiet line of peolpe and a scattering of Gungans out side the Hall. Sabe slowed. Many of them were Jedi, but some were funeral cooridinators. They all looked up as she approached. One Jedi woman eyed her in a friendly way, as if knowing who she was. Sabe took up a place in line beside her.

?Excuse me,? she whispered to the woman. ?What?s going on??

The Jedi Master spoke so softly that Sabe could barely he

13. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    Not your best? I think that was great! Keep up the good work.

--Mr. P

14. Jedi Master Jenn

Jedi Master Jenn Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2000
  15. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    Needless to say, your post was great as always! I'm curious to see how this story will conclude...

16. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    BRAVO!!!!!

17. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Sad, This, and the strory's almocst done!

18. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Well, I think I'm going to stretch it out a tiny bit.

?For the gods? sake, Sabe!? Eirate sighed. ?Go to sleep!?

Sabe turned from the window where she had been talking with Sache. She scowled at the blonde girl. ?Why aren?t you sleeping??

Eirate gave her pretty head a toss. ?I never go to sleep quickly after funerals. They give me the creeps.?

?Then you can?t order me to sleep,? Sabe retorted, already getting annoyed with the other handmaiden.

Eirate huffed, ?Well, it?s not my fault if the Jedi doesn?t want to see you.?

Sabe exchanged a confused look with Sache. She looked at Eirate. ?What are you talking about??

The other girl sat down on her bed and began brushing her hair out. ?Oh, you?re just pouting because he hasn?t spoke to you since yesterday.? She shrugged. ?I wouldn?t blame him really. I mean, he might have found someone better.?

Sabe?s confusion deepened. ?You are a very strange girl, Eirtae. Obi-Wan and I are friends, if you think there is anything between us. And in response to his lack of vocals, it?s due to Qui-Gon?s death.?

Sache got up from her place by the window and stepped up to Eirtae. ?I believe you are the one with the crush. Is this a bout of jealousy? Hmm??

Eirate glared at her. ?Shut up, Sache. You?re too young to understand.?

?I thought so,? Sache smirked.

Rabe entered the bedchamber. She paused and looked at the three handmaidens. ?Please, girls, let?s not get in a fight over him again. Not tonight.?

Sabe smiled in relief at Rabe. ?I agree. And we weren?t fighting, Rabe. Eirate was simply expressing her opinion about my choice of friends.? She ignored Eirate?s glare and headed for her bed, her mind already running back to its previous study. Obi-Wan was still in the Hall, even after Qui-Gon?s ashes had been swept up into a special container until morning. The ashes of the Jedi Master would be washed into the river then, but for the night they would stay in the Hall.

Yane yawned from her bed, already snuggling under the blankets. ?It?s already morning, everyone. And tomorrow we have to get ready for the parade. Go to sleep.?

?Gladly,? Eirtae said, putting her brush away.

They mumbled their good nights and soon most were sleeping soundly. All except for Sabe, who kept worrying over everything. The Jedi Council would leave the next day. The Parade of Celebration would be held in the morning and festivities would continue throughout the day. Then the next morning the Jedi would all leave Naboo. The planet had not suffered any structural damage and the dead were already being taken care of. Naboo could survive on it?s own without any help from the Jedi. Which meant Obi-Wan would be leaving.

With these thoughts in her head, Sabe finally began to drift off into a light sleep.

19. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I posted really late last night and I don't think people saw it, so I'm boosting my own thread up

20. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    No, Obi-Wan, don't leave her behind! Sweep her off her feet and straight into the Jedi Temple!

21. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000

Morning is an evil thing that the gods created just to annoy me, Sabe thought as someone threw the
    curtains back and the chamber was bathed in morning light. Her head was instantly buried
    under her pillow.

?Good morning, ladies!? Amidala sang out. She ducked as five pillows sailed through
    the air at her. ?Well, I wasn?t expecting that response!?

?Go away!? Sache mumbled.

?Why are you so cheerful?? Eirtae added from under her covers.

?What? You can?t seriously tell me that you have forgotten!?

?No, but can?t you postpone it until, let?s say. . . afternoon?? Yane grumbled.

?I second that!? Sabe added, lifting the pillow a little and squinting at Amidala?s slender
    form wrapped in her night robe. The Queen was grinning at all of them. ?What is it??

?I could let you sleep peacefully,? Amidala said with a sly grin. ?Or I could send a
    certain Jedi Padawan in to wake you all.?

?Eirtae would like that,? Sabe muttered.

Amidala?s grin widened. ?Not a Knight, a Padawan. Anakin!?

There was a shriek from Yane. And then the sound of a boy?s laughter. Amidala nearly
    full over as Anakin Skywalker moved to the next bed, spraying the handmaidens with cold
    water. The chamber was soon echoing with four different pitches of screams. Sabe waited until
    Anakin was in front of her before springing out of the bed, and putting the boy into a tight hold.

?You would dare get me wet, now would you, Ani?? Sabe asked sweetly. She took the
    spray bottle out of his hands. ?Whose idea was this, hmm??

Anakin looked over at Amidala, who was trying hard to keep a straight face. He grinned
    but said nothing. Sabe let him go. The boy stepped away in a hurry, already eyeing the room for
    some shield in case she decided to retaliate. That?s when she noticed the change. His hair was
    short cropped like Obi-Wan?s and he had a braid running from behind his right ear. He now
    wore new tunics and belt, complete with new boots. She let out a whistle. Anakin squirmed and
    fiddled with the braid, shooting Amidala a self-conscious look. The Queen just smiled and
    ruffled his hair.

?When did this all take place?? Sabe asked.

?This morning,? Anakin said. ?After they threw Qui-Gon?s ashes over the fall.?

?Why didn?t anyone wake us up?? Sabe asked. She had thought that they were all going
    to be present.

Amidala shifted slightly. ?Jedi Kenobi and the other Jedi requested that they do it alone.
    I wasn?t about to argue.?

Sabe nodded, and then smiled at Anakin. ?I guess you?re ready to be a Jedi now.?

Anakin smiled eagerly. ?Yes! Obi-Wan said he would train me. He promised.? He
    fingered the braid. ?This is his. Well, most of it. He wove into mine this morning. I think it?s
    some kind of ritual.?

Sabe smiled at Amidala, who was watching Anakin with a small smile. She looked over
    at the four handmaidens, who weren?t smiling. ?Well, what are we all standing around for? We
    have a party to go to and-? she looked at Amidala. ?I have to challenge Her Majesty to a duel to
    avenge her rude awakening.?

Amidala just smiled. ?Whatever you say, Sabe. But I think that you will be sorely
    beaten.?

~~~~~~~~~

The scene inside and outside the palace was chaotic. The handmaidens were busy with
    too many errands to run, in addition to primping up the Queen. Sabe was in the middle of
    settling a dispute between the Gungans and Naboo over who got to pull the float with the
    dismantled Trade Federations tanks. She was beginning to get a headache and scream at both
    groups when a calm voice broke in.

?Why not split the piles up and everyone gets a float?? Obi-Wan suggested wisely.

There was a short pause between the two groups as they turned to the Jedi Knight. Boss
    Nass nodded after a moment. ?Yousa hava good point, Jedi!?

And with that, the current conflict was solved. Sabe shot Obi-Wan and grateful smile,
    which he returned. As the group split up to now argue who got what parts, the Jedi came over
    and gently took her elbow, pulling her away. They walked off to a slightly calmer area.

?Having fun?? Obi-Wan a

22. Jedi Master Jenn

Jedi Master Jenn Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2000
    Obi-Wan simply cannot leave Sabe behind!!!!

Please post some more soon

23. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> Everyone seems to be falling for you Jedi Kenobi.

ROFLOL
    That is like the Understatement of the year.
    Heeheeheee

24. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Amidolee, this is great!

Hey, I'd be falling for Obi-Wan any day! My sister, who HATES SW, looked at a picture of him and totally had the hots for him.

25. PadawanAl

PadawanAl Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 1999
    This is a great story!! Really it is. I had always just skipped past it, but then a certain MaraJSkywalker (hey Mara!!) started a great PR campaign for it at lunch. She just went on and on about how great it was and how I had to read it. So I did...and now I'm hooked!! It's wonderful!! Keep up the great work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.