main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Possibility of seeing Darth Maul in animation?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Sitara, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Whether its a clone wars flashback, an entire animated movie set before episode I, or some other thing do you think there is a possiblity we could see more Maul?

2. Ulic QelDroma

Ulic QelDroma Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 1999
    To be honest, I don't see it happening. Not unless they run out of ideas for the Clone Wars.

3. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    A movie based on Darth Maul miniseries (where he takes out blacksun) would be very nice. Neatly fits into continuity, and Maul doesn't face any Jedi.

4. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    It might be cool, but I don't think I see it happening either. I don't know that we'll ever see Maul on the screen again. Probably just EU.

5. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    I hope not, Darth Maul is cool as is, we dont need to see him at all in TCW.

His own mini-series would be kool though.

6. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    If Filoni and Co. did it, it would have to be (or at least I hope it would be) a stand alone thing and make no pretension to being a part of the Clone Wars story.

7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    They could always put a Maul flashback in the live action show.

Not that they would, but they could.[face_praying]

8. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Asajj is basically the Darth Maul proxy in the show, the difference being that she's actually interesting, she carries dialogue and has a personality.

Now if you're proposing bringing back Darth Maul with breasts and having him flirt with Obi-Wan, I'm all for it.

Sitara likes this.
  9. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    I think that after the clone wars series is done, Lucasfilm Animation could make a Darth Maul series. I would see that.

10. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    No.

I just don't see the Clone Wars doing any flashbacks.

As for other media... looks like the next focus is going to be on the Dark Times, rather than more prequels to the prequels.

11. Adthrawn

Adthrawn Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2005
    I vote for no. I don't' want it because part of what made Maul so cool is what Vader so cool all those years ago. Here is a guy, you know nothing about, and is just killing people. Why? Who knows, but he's good at it.

12. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I doubt he'd make it into the show. Darth Maul was pretty much only interesting because of his fighting and his evil tattoo look. It might be cool to see him somehow get in the show, but I agree it's probably best to leave him as the mysterious killing machine he was.

Sitara likes this.
  13. Sven_Starcrown

Sven_Starcrown Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 10, 2009
    Maul would look cool, but they would need a ,,more Genndy Tartakovsky style" animation.

14. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Well they did put Aura sing in the Show and it is possible that Boba fett might make it in the show too.

I think it would be cool if they did a Prince Xizor show in the Prequel era, during the events between episode 3 and 4 and, the Classic era too. The should make a Shadows of the Empire Animation Movie with old Actors and New ones too.

15. DarthAleron

DarthAleron Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2009
    Well if you go on youtube you can watch a little minisode that is quite good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK51VJYVIfA
    Check it out!

16. MasterMonkey13

MasterMonkey13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 19, 2008
    A Maul flashback would be great! What if, for example, Assaj Ventress connnects her two lightsabers while dueling Kenobi. When Kenobi sees the double blades we get a flashback of him fighting Maul alongside Qui-Gon? With the animation, we could see all sorts of fantastic fighting scenes with jumps and flips and all the things you can't do with live actors.

Personally, I think that'd help tie in TCW with the movies.

17. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    I think any kind of flashback would be sheer awesomeness! Not only would it help the TCW storyline, but it would add to the power of the series, as well. Tie everything together, so to speak.

18. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Through the Force, things you will see. Other places. The future...the past. Old friends long gone.

19. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Why not show Darth Maul fight other enemys other then Black Sun and do other Spin offs.

20. Sven_Starcrown

Sven_Starcrown Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 10, 2009
    The animation was decent.

21. brainwash

brainwash Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2009
    Better than Ventress, apparently.

Sitara likes this.
  22. Xoxaan11594

Xoxaan11594 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2009
    Um...no? IDT there have been any flashbacks in TCW so far, have there? And I dont see an entire pre-TPM animated movie at all happening. Ever.

23. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Why not do a show set between Episode 1 and 2.

24. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    OHHH God, No please thats so fanboyish. Man I hope that doe not happen.

25. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    One of these two people survived several encounters with Kenobi and lived for three years of encounters with the most powerful Jedi of that era.

The other one got cut in half by a Padawan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.