main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Preparations. A Christmas viggie for DarthIshtar, posted on 12/26/07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RK_Striker_JK_5, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Jaina reached out on her toes, stretching in order to hang her side of the banner. Her callused fingers gripped the fabric as she reached out, tapping the side of then entry arch?

?Ah, need help there, sis??

The young woman stumbled and the ladder rocked back and forth before she steadied it. She looked down at Anakin, scowling. ?Anakin, what the kriff is wrong with you? I?m trying to get this banner up and-?

?Why not just use the Force?? he asked, pointing to the other side. ?That?s what Jacen did.?

She glanced over and saw her goofy younger brother standing on an identical ladder, his side of the banner hanging properly. ?Well, I didn?t want to take the easy way out!? she groused, her cheeks blushing.

?I don?t think anyone would mind,? Kyp Durron called out from the side. The green-eyed Jedi Master walked over to his apprentice, a glass of Whyren?s in his hand. ?This is their thirtieth, after all. And Han and Leia deserve the best.?

Jaina nodded dumbly, reaching out again and letting the banner float from her hand and cross the extra centimeters to the entry arch of her parent?s apartment. It fastened on, showing a festive Happy Anniversary! for all to see. ?There, finished.? She slid down and landed with a slight thud. ?How is it??

Kyp tilted his head and held up his free hand. He made a few faces before smiling again. ?It looks great, kid. Han and Leia are gonna love this.?

?They?d better,? Mara called out from the buffet table. The former assassin balanced two trays of snacks on her hands while Luke moved around several platters on the table. ?Lando went all-out for this stuff. How did he get pre-Sith Whyren?s and original julaberries from Alderaan?s last crop of them?? She looked over at the dining room table. ?Well, how?d you do it??

Lando glanced up from his sabacc hand and flashed her his trademark dazzling smile. ?For that old pirate and his lovely wife, I called in a few favors here and there.?

Mara shook her head, rolling her eyes. ?How many favors?? She held her hand up. ?No, don?t answer that. I don?t want to know.? She placed one of the platters down in an empty spot. ?Come on, farmboy! I can?t be a waitress all day, here.?

Luke?s lips twitched as he shifted around the food already on the table. ?There? we go,? he said. ?Enough room for that last one.?

Mara smiled and placed it down. ?Good thing I had the Grand Master to help me,? she said, kissing him on the cheek. She looked over at Jaina, Jacen and Anakin gathered near the front entrance. ?What?d you get them??

The three Solo siblings glanced at each other, a silent conversation going on between them. ?The thirtieth is the pearl on Alderaan,? Jacen said. ?Tenel Ka and I bought them a sculpture carved from an ultima pearl from Mon Calamari.?

?On Corellia, it?s diamond,? Jaina continued, ?but I didn?t think that would work, so instead I got a new hyperdrive motivator for the Falcon.?

?I compiled several hundred old Alderaanian songs on file for easy access,? Anakin said, his blue eyes darting around a bit. ?I think I got some of Mom?s favorites on it, too.?

Mara and Luke walked over. ?Nice presents,? Luke commented. ?You put some good thought into-? His head cocked to the side. ?Their speeder just pulled into the garage. They?re here!?

Lando, Chewie and Talon Karrde vacated the table. ?I?ll collect the winnings later,? Lando said as they walked to the door.

?I?ll win them back,? Talon commented as he straightened his lapels. ?Wait for the next hand, Lando. I?ll own Gemdiver Station before this night is over.?

Mara hissed at them. ?Quiet, you two!? She turned to the door as everyone gathered around. ?Thirty years? You think we?ll be together that long, Luke??

Her husband?s eyes went glassy for a second. ?No? even longer, my love. Although hopefully it won?t be as rocky as those two.?

Mara pouted. "Aww, but where's the fun in that?"

Please read and review. Up!

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, I'm bucking for a sequel. Cute stuff. I liked Talon and Lando, typical as always.

3. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Awesome viggie. Really funny all around.

4. walker-of-minds

walker-of-minds Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2006
    awww very sweet loved the prep scene conversations all very much in character and a fun read :)

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww...that was so sweet

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I love everyone coming together to help Han and Leia celebrate

hopefully it won?t be as rocky as those two.?

Mara pouted. "Aww, but where's the fun in that?"

Exactly! :p

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.