main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Promoting the Fanforce

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, May 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Hey gang,

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of how we could promote the fanforce.

One idea would be to hand out flyers while in line for Episode II, but what would be on the flyers other than the site address?

Also, maybe we could get stickers made. It might take too long to get them, I'm looking into it now.

Whatelse could we do? Seeing Episode II in the theater will provide us with great advertising.

2. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Well, I'll be there sporting my flashy red Fanforce shirt!! :D

Yeah, flyers with our webpage would be cool to do. Maybe we could make us up some business cards with our handles on them and our webpage! I always wanted a business card! My wife has one, why don't I have one!! :_|

3. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Well, I was thinking a flyer would be easy to make. But, the problem is, just putting the site address on there would make for unattractive flyer that people might just throw away.

4. kasjedi

kasjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    What about asking the owner of the Senator to put a link to the website on his page temporarily? He has a list of Star Wars related links.

Flyers are okay, some theaters might get "irritated" with that - we would have to ask first. In addition, maybe something like name tag labels (the larger size) that say "Ask me about Maryland FanForce" that could worn in line and a business card to hand out if someone asks.

kasjedi

5. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, getting a link on the senator should be easy.

And, you're right about the flyer thing. The tag thing might work though.

We could make a business card but just put the address. That way, people can just put it in their pocket.

6. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    How about someone writing a "profile" so Roz can post it on the main page?

7. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    If anyone has an idea for a profile, PM it to me. I started one, but was running out of ideas.

8. ratmankey

ratmankey Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    The Senator would probably be more than happy to help us out with promotion. They're really good about that kind of thing.

We probably shouldn't just put the web address though (seeing as the page isn't up yet), but also a link to the board.

9. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Somebody take pictures of the line with CCFF fan members wearing the t-shirts.

10. Ca-Bal_Sirrah

Ca-Bal_Sirrah Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    Today I talked to my boss, I work at the Borders in Towson by the way, and he Ok'd a little idea I wanted to throw out. First, our store has an open policy with two boards we have for posting promotional flyers in the store. This is a general thing that requires no permission. The second is that he OK'd using our store as a potential meeting place. If so, details would have to be worked out to see if it can fly, but the option is kinda there. Any questions, can be posted and I'll answer to my best ability.

11. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Welcome to the forums and to our little neck of the woods on these here boards. :)

12. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Here is a place that has business cards at 250 for $9.99. Don't know if we could get these printed up before the movie, but would be nice to have anyway.

13. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Hey, business cards is a great idea. That would be great to hand out.

14. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    That's not a bad price DRK_HLMT, I'll look into it.

15. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Im stumped, I guess we could do flyers and cards, but basically I don't see how I can contribute.

16. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Chissdude, you can write the FF profile for the front page of TF.N.

BTW: Meeting at Boarders would be great Ca_BalSirrah! ErrantVenture would like meeting at Towson.

I think Darth Sapient should get my "Mistress of Hospitality" title as he always beats me to welcoming newcomers! [face_laugh]

17. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I have a flyer design, but I need a way to make several copies. My printer is having trouble printing certain colors (I think the color ink is running out), and the flyer has black, red, and yellow colors in it.

Does anyone know where I can make several color copies cheaply? Does anyone work somewhere where you can print out a lot of copies without getting fired?

18. chewboxer

chewboxer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2002
    I will be sure to wear my fanforce shirt to the movie theaters in Delaware.

19. kasjedi

kasjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    Mogook,

I can't print a ton of copies. Maybe if you could email it to several of us, we could each print some copies. I've got brand new ink cartridges, and being summer, I don't want them to go unused....

I could print quite a few in black and white --- without getting in trouble.

kasjedi

20. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    That's a good idea kasjedi. The color aren't that important. I only used red, black, and yellow. The flyer is written with the Star Jedi font and the Episode I font. I was thinking of going to Kinkos to get copies. Anyone know how much are copies are there?

21. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Magook, I have a color printer and lots of paper, will that help? :confused:

22. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Well, someone I know told me they have a black & white copier at home. I'm gonna use that so no one has to use up all their color ink. The color isn't too important. Plus, I wanna make a lot of copies (over 100 probably).

But thanks everyone. I'll bring the flyers to Annapolis. If anyone else wants flyers, maybe we can arrange a way to send them to other people.

23. Ca-Bal_Sirrah

Ca-Bal_Sirrah Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    I, or anyone for that matter, can post flyers at my work. My boss had said we can hold meetings there as well. he alson said if we made it a monthly thing, the meetings could be added to our monthly events calendar, but after seeing problems over meeting places, I figure that may not be a realistic option. I'll post more in the sixth meeting thread

24. Ara-Gorn_Sirrah

Ara-Gorn_Sirrah Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    I could print out some to take to the Senator, if you want to send the file to me. I can make *some* color prints without attracting too much attention.

I can pass a couple of color ones on to Ca-Bal to put up @ Borders.

Still hoping my FanForce cap arrives by tomorrow. That should help get attention. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.