main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Q, C & EE, Episode XI: "The web of our life is of a mingled yarn, good and ill together."

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    Sweeeeet, thank you!
    I'm off now to Yosemite for a week but when I return... PUPPIES!

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    To answer everthing.
    Kevin Federline used to live upstairs from me and sometimes I still get his mail. No joke. There has yet to be anything of interest to me or Entertainment Tonight.

I'm glad your dogs are ok DH. I'm sure they are cute. I would like to clarify a post I made earlier. It isn't I don't like dogs, it's I just don't like dogs who act crazy and jump up all over you and act untrained. I find it sweet yet strange that you slept on the floor with them.

JN, have a good time in Yosemite. I have never been and do one day hope to go.

3. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    The Japanese are geniuses! Look what they can do. JR will you show me.

How to Fold a Shirt

4. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I just finished watching this real cool movie called Return of the Jedi. I suggest you see it if you haven't already. I think most of you will like it.

5. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    sounds like a Return of the King ripoff

6. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Funny you should mention that movie. The padawan and I watched one today called The Phantom Menace and are just finishing another one called Attack of the Clones. It seems like they mention or have something to do with the movie you mentioned. I wonder if there's a connection? [face_thinking]

7. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Funny you both mention those movies. I am watching an animated feature you might just enjoy called The Clone Wars. I don't know if it's up your alley, but it's worth a glance...

8. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Really S_J? I watched the same cartoon last night too. I think there is a connection because some of the characters had the same names.

JF77 isn't The Phantom Menace about a kid who wins a motorcycle race?

9. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    No, it's about a ghost that causes trouble:p

10. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Verizon Introduces New Charge-You-At-Whim Plan

NEW YORK?Verizon Communications, Inc. announced a new service package for its wireless and residential customers that would charge them widely varying, but always high, fees every month depending how the communications giant feels at the time. "Our Charge-At-Whim packages offer the same mediocre quality and insufferable level of customer service you?ve come to expect," a Verizon spokesman said Tuesday. "But it adds an unjustified, arbitrary and, if you?ll allow us to boast, frankly unjustifiable method of determining just how much you?ll pay for them." Packages start at "oh, $69.99 a month, let?s say?" and went into effect about three or four months ago.

11. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Yeah, I always wondered how my $69.99 plan always ends up being $120-$180 every month. Weird.

Man, I have a pain in my neck right now. It won't go away.

What should I have for lunch today?

12. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Motrin

I'm on a quest for information. During the filming of Ep. I, II & III what company name would have been on contracts used to procure supplies, needed props and such? They wouldn't have used Lucasfilm, as that would have caused too much attention. If I can get a company name my friend can look through the contracts and see what they have that was used in any of the prequels. Her husband is pretty sure that some of their parts were used. (this is the family that owns the airplane grave yard and rents things to movie studios and such) Any ideas?

13. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    OMG, sorry, that's the only way to describe it

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Wow that's big!

15. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I can honestly say that I could really use that display at work. I currently use two 20" LCD Flat Panels side by side. It would be nice to have one continuous screen like that.

16. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    That screen specs said you need 3 video cards to run it. How do you get 3 video cards from one tower, to display across 3 screens. I know you can two video cards with SLI, but 3?!?!?!

17. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Just a warning to not provide good customer service:

Postman Suspended for Telling People How to Stop Junk Mail.

Postman Roger Annies hated delivering junk mail, so he told the people in his route how to opt out - his bosses at the Royal Mail (who made millions of pounds a year from junk mails), however, were not amused and sacked the 10-year veteran!

Mr Annies decided to act after receiving dozens of complaints from householders who were fed up with the piles of junk mail dropping through their letter boxes everyday.

So, hoping he may have the answer to their prayers, he delivered his own leaflet to residents in Barry, South Wales, explaining how they could opt out of getting mailshots known as ?door-to-door? items by filling out a form. ?

Within days his local sorting office was inundated with at least 70 completed forms demanding an end to junk mail. Curious, his bosses decided to make a few inquiries and discovered the leaflet produced by Mr Annies. He was then suspended on full pay pending an investigation into alleged misconduct.

18. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    One of our (smart and nice) neighbors put a blue recycle bin right underneath our mailboxes. Now we can just grab mail, pull out the important stuff, and junk the rest right there! It's lovely. Still a waste of trees, though.. [face_frustrated]

19. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    This is yet another show of how a gov't run agency (in the UK) puts money before the people it serves. And being charged with 'misconduct'? He was only trying to help.

20. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Damn it, this is how sports stars should be

21. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    CBM that link only sent me to pages with continuous pop ups.

In other news, I must be going through a pre mid life crisis or something. I'm purging my life of stuff. I've started with old CDs, then I'm working my way to DVDs and then I know hold on to your hats, but I may also be getting rid of a lot of SW stuff. Mostly the Hasbro items. I'm keeping GG for now. We shall see how this all goes I may have a change of heart, but right now I just want to cleans myself of all these posessions. It isn't about the money or the space but the clutter in my life.

(of coarse ask me how this all goes next year with CIV)

22. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Dude, start with your phone. Trust me, just delete everyone. And then only save the people that call you back.

23. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Clutter has taken over my life. I have got rid of a lot of stuff when I got married, and especially when we moved earlier this year. But I still have a LOT of stuff. Some of it I can't get rid of, like my old textbooks and schoolwork. I figured I worked so hard and paid so much money for it, that it'd be a waste to just throw it away. But chances are I will never look at that stuff ever again in my life. Some stuff I'm holding on to because it's too good to throw away. I keep telling myself I'll have a garage sale, and sell all of it. That's something we should do, have a collective garage sale! Now that we actually have a front yard, we can have it our house! It would be like a mini flea market.

24. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    one word everyone:ebay

25. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Can ebay get rid of all the damn crickets in my garage and all around my house?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.