main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question about hyperspace articles/stories?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by johnthejedi24, Sep 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnthejedi24

johnthejedi24 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2004
    What I want to know is if the articles and stories on hyperspace.com (or something like that), eventually make onto the main-stream net and star wars sites. I know that when the covers for the dark net trilogy were originally a hyperspace only feature, so I figure that after a perioud of time the stories and stuff become main-stream, I remember a hyperspace only photo that compared seperatist ships and it originally was blurred to protect copyright or some **** like that, but now I have seen that same picture unblurred on several sites and I swear I saw it in a book too. The thing is Hyperspace is a product of LFL right? But why would you have too pay for stuff like that when LFL and other lucas enterprises are already stinking filthy rich, I pay enough money in new and used books and magazines and games and LFL expects me to chuck out more money for something that will probably hit the main-stream net by legal or illegial means as soon as it hits the website.

Sorry if I got a bit preachy about hyperspace.com and LFL, but their are minicomics and webcomics like reversal of fortune and evasive action that are supposed to be good and I am missing out!

2. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Yeah, unfortunately there is quite a bit that will probably not find it's way into the main stream of the Star Wars site. They have an online supplement to Star Wars Insider Magazine, lots of Hyperspace only videos, exclusives, out of print stories. I think they really only de-hyperspace stuff when it's really big, like Dark Nest. It was exclusive for the Hyperspace members to get a sneak peek but it wouldn't make sense to keep it that way forever.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Keep in mind that the reason a lot of that content exists because the fact that there's a subscription cost allows them to pay the people to produce them and/or maintain them.

You can get comics illegally online as well- do you expect Dark Horse to start giving it's comics and TPB's away for free because of that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.