main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Questions, guesses, spoilers

Discussion in 'Literature' started by killfire, Jan 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    According to the timeline in SbS, Rogue Planet takes place 29 years before ANH. We know Vergere is a Jedi knight when she disappears in Rogue Planet. So I guess she was about twenty years old then. So she would be eighty years old in SbS ...

In Rogue Planet, mysterious aliens named the Far Outlanders get mentioned, and we believe these are the Yuuzhan Vong. So they would have been around the GFFA for at least sixty years.

This could explain
    - The marks on Thrawns fortress in VotF
    - The Intimidator drifting abandoned and beyond repair in the outer rim
    - The Chiss fighting far greater dangers in the UR
    - Nom Anor being around a long time

It would not explain (and contradict)
    - Vector Prime marking the arrival of the Yuuzhan Vong
    - Why the Yuuzhan Vong expedition team on the
    planet in DT:eek:nslaught that gets killed by the rats wasn't picked up earlier

Further questions
    - If the Yuuzhan Vong crossed over from another galaxy, and it took them a thousand years (I remember having read something like this somewhere), they
    either have a VERY long life
    or they clone themselves
    or they were in some hibernate modus
    or they are machines

- Was Tsavong Lah Warmaster when Vergere joined the Yuuzhan Vong in Rogue Planet
    - Did the Yuuzhan Vong start the Rebellion because they didn't want to mess with the Empire (that would be a cool plot for HC5: imagine an ending where Nom Anor and Lord Shimrra are standing triumphantly on the place where the Imperial palace used to be, but of course Coruscant has been transformed into a Yuuzhan Vong planet, and Nom Anor says: We would have never beaten the Empire.)?

Don't give me the hmmmm's again ...

2. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    For all we know, the 'threats' (note the plural) could be related to the Vong or NOT. IMO, they may have been encounters with the Vong in the UR, but no major battles. Plus, the YV don't seem to have the power to shatter such a solid thing as the Hijarna stone of which the Hand is made.

The Intimdator might have been destroyed by one of those threats. Maybe during an attempt of the Empire to (re)establish contact with the Chiss "Empire".

Nom Anor was there from a long time since he wanted to use Carivus at the head of the Empire to have a weak mind to control when the invasion time comes, thus making things easier for the Vong - especially the Praetorite.

The Yuuzhan Vong may have spent several generations travelling through the void. It is written nowhere that they're the same people since the beginning.

Lah's status at the time of RP remains unknown, as far as I know.

"- Did the Yuuzhan Vong start the Rebellion because they didn't want to mess with the Empire (that would be a cool plot for HC5: imagine an ending where Nom Anor and Lord Shimrra are standing triumphantly on the place where the Imperial palace used to be, but of course Coruscant has been transformed into a Yuuzhan Vong planet, and Nom Anor says: We would have never beaten the Empire.)?"

hmmmm

And finally :

"They are machines" - Thank you !

3. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    HMMmmmmmmmmm................... (Sorry ;) )

4. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    I don't think they are the scary things in the unknown region. Because didn't jag or/and pelleon mention something bout keeping something more fearsome at bay? and those first attacks on the galaxy could be advance or scout ships that left before the 'main group' or migration.

5. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    vONG WOULD NEVER HAVE LEFT iNTIMIDATOR in one piece. it is abhorrant to them.

6. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Dont Even try to guess what the chiss are up too, not even I, of all people, will try that. Let them go there way, they probobly will not see NJO action.

Just remember all though these ideas are good, there not fully origanal, also theres a hundred thousand more clausable explanations.

7. Balance_Point

Balance_Point Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Cool Vong theory, Xizor. Now you've got me wondering...

8. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    Maybe the Intimidator defeated some Yuuzhan Vong and got damaged beyond repair in doing so. This could explain while it was abandoned (the survivors fled / where picked up by the Imperial Remnant) and why the Yuuzhan Vong don't attack the Imperial Remnant.

And, to start another discussion, what defines a machine?

9. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Hmm.. the latest issue of Star Wars Gamer magazine happens to give a vague timeline for the Vong's entrance into the galaxy. It's essentially a campaign guide for people who want to play as Vong, and how their characters should act during each stage of the SW timeline (pre/circa-TPM, Rise of the Empire, Rise of the New Republic, and NJO eras). It says that the Vong were sending recon scouts into the galaxy around the time of the Battle of Naboo. I'd take it as canon. Also, Nom Anor is in 'Crimson Empire II', messing with the Empire. That is well before the main Vong invasion in 'Vector Prime'. I'm sure the NJO Sourcebook will elaborate on the Vong timeline.
    I'll re-check my issue of Gamer, and perhaps I'll post a quote or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.