main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

R2D2 Disney Trading Card Misprint

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PrincessVoss, Jun 25, 2014.

1. PrincessVoss

PrincessVoss Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2014
    Hello! I have a quick question about some Disney Star Wars trading cards. I have three cards: Han Solo, Princess Leia, and R2D2. Each card has their information printed on the back except for R2D2 he has Princess Leia's information. I know one day, down the road, this will be worth something, but as for now I was wondering if it is worth anything? I was told this forum would help. I'm not trying to sell them here, just getting some information.

2. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    When it comes to factory errors, misprints and such, beauty is often in the eye of the beholder. Some people may find it more attractive because of the error, others less so or not at all. There are a number of other factors as well, including rarity, popularity of the particular item, etc. For instance, the so-called "X-Rated" C-3PO card put out by Topps back in the late 70s is quite popular with collectors because of its novelty.

If you got an error card, chances are others did as well. My advice when people are trying to figure out the value of something is to do a closed auction search on eBay. I just did one for "Star Wars Disney card error". Assuming you're talking about the Disney store promotional cards that were given away for Star Wars day, they're not fetching much at the moment. Entire sets went un-bid upon at only $8.99 each. The likelihood of this item ever rising in value is very, very small IMHO.

I hope that helps some.