main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON RANT!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Mert_Skywalker, Feb 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    *** Chapter Rep Ruling ***

OK, before this goes any further I'd like to remind everyone the Rant thread is a place to vent your opinions and not to argue over what was said.

OK, maybe argue is too strong a phrase.. how about "aggressive discussions"?

Mitch commented on the banner, he said his peace and thats all he wanted to do. If you agree or disagree with him its not the place of this message thread, or even this forum to discuss it.

So before this topic gets locked and loses its usefullness I'm requesting a stop to this particular discussion from all parties.

Thanks.

2. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Well, two things have happened to me that I just thought deserved a nice ol' rant.

First, on my way to school, I noticed that the police (or at least 1 officer in this case) havn't read a driving manual lately. At a 3 way intersection at my school (Beech and Catherine). Now, not only did I arrive at this intersection first, but I am what is known as a pedestrian. Pedestrians have the right of way. A police officer who saw me crossing the street thought "screw the system" and decided to continue driving. Luckily, I slipped on ice and fell backwards away from the vehicle.

Secondly, I can now proudly say "I've been kicked out of Radio Shack". I was there just a few moments ago looking at the comps, and thought "Hey, wonder if they are ignorant enough to hook the computer up to the internet". I shouldn't have even had to think about it, it is Radio Shack after all, but I tried anyway. In about 2 minutes I was approached by not one but two Radio Shack employees who promptly made me log off and leave the store.

What a day.

3. Ian_Ball

Ian_Ball Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    A rant??

How about I have some crazy cult after me????

http://www.shu.ac.uk/fineart/1998_cat/pages/56.htm

4. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    You are the all, the "absolute", the infinite and the unknowable :p

5. Ian_Ball

Sep 21, 2001
    help me Fanboy_Solo you`re my only hope.

6. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    My rant is that all of my base are now belong to someone else. That's really a kick in the pants.

My actual rant is with the St. Catharines transit. Not that I have a problem with their service, it's the fact that they developed a theme song and video. A theme song which get inserted into the mind from the very first time you hear it, and possesses you to hear it again. I was told about this link which is the St. Kitt's transit system's page. This catchy little tune is their intro. Instead of proceeding to the site, I ended up listening to this song again...and again, and again, until I found myself hearing it 25 times in a row! Now I hum it all day and night! And I am thinking of buses, and chaffeurs, and limos, and it's destroying my brain!!!!

Take a look if you wish.

7. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Take it easy Nick.....take the bus.

8. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    OK I got one:

I hate when you go into a job interview and they say "we'll let you know by the end of the week either way." Then you go nuts waiting. First you go nuts wondering that even if you think you did ok, maybe someone else was better qualified or answered the questions better or conducted themselves better. Then you go nuts wondering why they haven't called and that that might mean you didn't get it cause the refusal is in the mail as in some cases they mail you a letter if no and only phone if yes. Then everyone else has interview and applications that same week and you wonder "well did I get this other job? Cause if so I don't have to bother anymore and if I didn't I wish they'd let me know so I can really concentrate on the other jobs"

9. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    I hate it when you feel responsible for something beyond your control :\

10. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    Stupid high school system. We start today, a thursday.Who starts class on a Thursday??? Why not Monday??? No respect, I tell ya. No respect at all.

11. StarWars_Vixen

StarWars_Vixen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    Thanks alot Nick!! You just had to put the web address for the bus. Now your not the only one with the song stuck in your head!!

12. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Jedi_Padawan_Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 20, 2001
    some may take offence:

Why do guys have to complicate everything!!!!! lol.
    Seriously! Right now there are like, 3 guys that I like, and there's no way I could choose between them, but I guess that's alright, because none of them actually like me more than a friend anyways (and probably never will). However, I'd feel really bad, because if the 2 guys at my school liked me, I'd go for the one that I've liked since grade 7, but I'd feel really bad for the other guy, cuz he's so sweet and understanding and can always cheer me up. As for the 3rd guy, he's older and has already said that he doesn't like me that way, but after talking to him so much, he is just such a great guy.

Stupid guys. Can't live with you, can't live without you.

13. Ian_Ball

Sep 21, 2001
    Jedi_Padawan_Padme = Relax about matters such as this. I`m assuming your in high school now, you have a long time to go before you find "the right guy"

14. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    I take it you're no good at "juggling" (make sure they know).

See one guy on Friday night, one guy on Saturday night, the other on Sunday night.

Its not like it isn't financially possible. If they are true "men" they will pay for you on the date. If they don't, you've just cut your "problem? down to 2 (or more).

15. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Aug 20, 2001
    lol.
    That doesn't work too well, when the one guy is 2 hours away. lol.

Oh, and bonus point for complicatedness goes to the older guy who by saying certain things, makes me think that he likes me, but then he says he doesn't like me like that, and likes someone else.

16. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    He's "fishing" (Steph knows all about that ;) ).

He is just trying to see if you are willing to "bite". Then he will make up his own mind whether he is going to "real-you-in".

17. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Aug 20, 2001
    hehe. well, I guess I won't know for a while. Meh, oh well.

18. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    haha, my grandma used to do that. She'd tell one guy to pick her up at 5, and another to pick her up at 9. One guy would drop her off and the next guy would pull up to take her out again.

19. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    Chris: the HORSE is DEAD!
    Stop the beating!!! :mad:

20. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Aug 20, 2001
    hehe, I agree steph. And I also don't think that this guy is fishing either.

21. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    My Rant is about you guys...all of you guys!! I posted soemthing similar on the suggestion board about how awesome a reception I received in my first official outing. You guys were great. as Debby pointed out it might have been your nature but you guys did a gret job at amking me feel welcome. You don't overwhelm me with questions and try to force conversation out of me. You also didn't ignore me. You let me open up at my own pace and were warm about it. A lot of you I didn't get much of a chance to talk to, but th majority were friendly and by the end of the night I felt more like an old friend rather then the sock that supposedly terrorizes the toronto borads.

A round of applause to all who made it out on Saturday night for bowling and dinner.

I definately can't wait to make it out again.

I also want to appologize to anyone i offended...I sometimes come off as sarcastic or rude. I ussually tend to be like htat when in social situations because I am nervous and such. and trust me I was quite nervous about meeting everyone.

Regardless I had an awesome time.

22. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Aug 20, 2001
    ok, my next rant is that I'm an idiot.
    Why do I have to think that guys like me, just because they're a little nice to me. Ok, so not a lot of guys ARE nice to me, but that doesn't mean that every guy that is likes me! I think I need therapy.....lol

23. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Ok I have another Rant. Valentines Day. Its great that you guys who are in your happy relationships are happy and all and are celebrating the day. Fine. And I am not bashing the day. But do we single or misserable people have to be overwhelmed and reminded of our loneliness. Everywhere I turn there is something else mentioning it. Frankly I just want a break from the day. I realize that its only one day but there is like a month of build up before it. The stores are swamped with stuff, TV and movies are overwhelming me with all this stuff.

Don't get me wrong I am as romantic as the next guy, but at the moment I have no one to be romantic with. So I reall y am not interested in hearing about how romantic the next guy will be. Again I am not bashing the day its a great day, but please keep it to yourselves for now. I say February 13 be AntiValentines day where us lonely single people can celebrate our fun and independence.

24. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    My rant: What you just said :p I'm just glad that in my social circle it isn't something we are bombarded with. Unlike in my school where it's "buy this! Send this to your sweetheart, you 13-18 year old who should have a boy/girlfriend!"

25. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    My transition to the Dark Side is complete... I've upgraded to Windows XP Pro...

the force is weak in me and my PC. My sound card won't work considering it's pretty new and worked perfectley on Windows 98, and my HD is making the desk shake when I load Windows XP. Alas, what have I done???

I havn't installed WindowBlinds yet to make this look like a real OS (OSX) and not a child's toy, but the interface doesn't bug me. What bugs me is that so many have recommend that I make this drastic change, and so far, it's been for the worse. I've converted my HD to a NFTS, and that's about the only upside so far... I'll probably be keeping posted with this, because I don't think it won't get too better too soon. Unless Steve Jobs pops by my house and drops off a brand spankin' new G4 that is....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.