main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Real Life Delta Source? Possibly

Discussion in 'Literature' started by xie, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Article at MSNBC

This article details how Japanese research has made it possible to use plants as speakers.

Place the flowers into the vase, turn on Ka-on and the magnet and coil relay the sound vibrations up the stems through the plant's water tubes.

That sounds really familiar. I wonder where I've heard that before? Oh yeah, that's a slightly less organic (and backwards, but I don't see why it wouldn't work opposite) version of Delta Source.

It's working! It's working!

Note: This was approved by Raven

2. Brett_Bass

Brett_Bass Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    Holy crap! The Japanese designed the Imperial Palace's eavesdropping system!
    :eek:
    ;)

3. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    I'm sure the Japanese are not the only ones who have been investigating such possibilities. Of course this is not the only SW element that has had intrest shown in it. A few years ago in the Air & Space magazine there was an article on devices being developed for use one the ISS and elsewhere in manned space flight The one item that really seems to have been noticed here was a robotic sphere that had been based on the SW training remotes. However, there was another robot which resembled Boba Fett in his armor from the waist up.

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Ho'Dins. The medusa heads think they own the world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.