main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Rebellion # 5 (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Preachrman007, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    As with previous threads about a specific issue, please note that this thread can and will contain spoliers. If you care about such things, please do not read this thread until after you read the issue.

I loved this issue. The Rebellion storyline has been interesting from the beginning as I love the interaction with people from Luke's past. I like how it ended with Tank not really making a decision. Yes he saved Leia, but they didn't go the sappy route of having Tank make a change of heart. He "dies" without you knowing how he felt in the end.

My favorite part about this issue, though, is the space battles. Dark Horse has always done a fantastic job with them (see the various X-Wing series') and this issue has some cool "shots" of space. Lots of ships that look like they could have been left over from the Clone Wars.

If you haven't read this series, I really recommend picking it up when they release a TPB next year.

2. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    Rebellion is my favorite comic series at the moment. I need to go back to the empire series and catch up on the Tank character there. Anyone know which specific issues he was in?

3. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    He's in "To the Last Man" (Empire 16-18, TPB #3). I think that was it, but maybe there was more.

4. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Yes, I like this series. Nice use of old Cone War era tech. Helps to suggest that some of the Separatists were not out for greed, but freedom. That after the CIS failed - some of the CIS survivors provided the Rebel Alliance with surplus equipment that escaped Imperial notice.

Bringing the character Janek 'Tank' Sunber into focus was great. Long ago in the Marvel Comics run of Star Wars they had Luke revisit Tatooine. There he found how his actions during Episode 4 changed the lives of his childhood friends and bullies. Finally Dark Horse Comics has decided to play on that idea once again.

5. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    Tank issues of Empire: 16-18 (To the Last Man) and 36-40 (Wrong Side of the War). I loved the Rebellion story continuing off of the Empire series. The way they do not actually show Tank die at the end of issue 5 makes me think that Luke will run into him again.

6. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    Hehe... the old "Die but not really" trick.

Am I breaking my own rules of continuity here... I didn't like it so much when Boba died and came back, but I would like to see Tank's storyline continue. :cool:

7. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    :_| :_|

The next Rebellion won't be until May 9th. While it will give me something to read on the way to Celebration, I have to wait until I am on my way to Celebration to read it!

8. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    Poor Jennifer...

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.