main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Rebirth of the Jedi OT AU L/M, some H/L COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_BMK, Nov 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I think that Anakin will probably die soon as well. Still he is turning himself in. He knows he must face the consequences of his actions.

2. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    This is very brave and noble of Ani to turn himself in like that. :D

3. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Here's an option for him.

As he -as Vader- has considerable influence over remaining Imperial Forces, perhaps he can persuade all remaining Imperial military units to surrender to Alliance forces and accept the new regime.

Doing that is something for which he could be given immunity.

4. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    TJM: Yeah that might be an option, but I don't see it as an option that Anakin Skywalker would take. Honor is very high in his creed.

S.

5. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Well, when you think of all the lives -on both sides- that he would save by instigating an immediate cease fire, I think it's an option he would take.

6. Jedi_BMK

Jedi_BMK Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    GreatOne: Do you really think I'm capable of something like that? [face_devil]

JTRogue: Thank you very much.

Jeditheskyisblue: That's true. You can't just say I'm sorry and go free.

Katarina42: Only one left. It's time for me to move on to other plot bunnies.

Liz_09: I'm currently undecided on the sequel. For now, I'm going to focus on a couple other story ideas while I decide.

JuniorPadawan: Let's just hope whoever decides Anakin's punishment agrees with you.

jade51999: Yeah, it's time for Anakin to face the music.

RebelMom: Anakin will go when it is his time, but for now he needs to do what he thinks is right.

Senator_Leia73: Quite true. And in doing so, he can start to prove that he has really changed.

TorontoJediMaster: He definitely has information and influence that could at least get him some leniency.

skywalker64089: Anakin will do whatever he thinks is right.

Final post will be up tomorrow.

7. Jedi_BMK

Sep 10, 2004
    Epilogue: Angel

Following the death of the Emperor and surrender of Vader, the heir apparent to the Empire?s throne, the Galactic Civil War quickly shifted to the side of the Alliance. No longer in fear of retribution, many systems openly declared their allegiance to the fledgling New Republic. The remaining Imperial resistance was quickly undermined thanks to the knowledge given to the New Republic fleet by the Empire?s former second-in-command. Within only three years, the Empire had been driven into the far corners of the galaxy, a shell of its former glory.

For his part in the atrocities committed under Palatine?s reign, Anakin Skywalker stood before a war crimes tribunal. While willingly placing himself at the mercy of the New Republic, Anakin also openly renounced his life as Darth Vader and stated his desire to use his abilities to help heal the wounds he had created in the galaxy. He called on the Force and finally began healing his body. By the time he was to stand trial, Anakin was able to shed the mask and respirator of Darth Vader and had replaced his black armored prosthetic limbs with less intimidating synthflesh covered versions, adopting the robes of an Old Republic Jedi as his new attire.

Luke stood at his father?s side throughout the tribunal?s proceedings, hoping to back up his father?s claim that he was no longer Darth Vader. The rest of Anakin?s family kept silent throughout the trial, being victims of Vader?s atrocities themselves at some level. An open call was put out throughout the galaxy for witnesses to step up both for and against the former Sith Lord. The testimony of the trial was largely against Anakin, but that was to be expected. It was not his guilt that was truly being determined, but his punishment.

After a nearly year long trial, the New Republic?s tribunal reached a decision. For his part in the Empire?s dealings, Anakin would be in the custody of the New Republic for the remainder of his natural life. It was also determined that a man of Anakin?s Force strong nature and infamous stature would not be suited in a normal prison environment. Instead, Anakin was remanded to the custody of the New Jedi Order to be held as they best saw fit and make restitution to the galaxy under their supervision. Anakin gladly accepted his punishment, knowing it would provide him the opportunity to make what amends he could while getting to know the family that had been denied him throughout his life.

Anakin lay in his bed twenty years to the day after the Battle of Endor. He had spent all his time since that day trying to make up for the mistakes of his past. In spite of his son?s protests to the contrary, Anakin knew that he would never find the time to atone for what he had done. He could feel in the Force that his time repenting was coming to a close. Anakin turned to his side to look at the lake outside his window. He had given his villa on Naboo to his children and they had quickly turned it into the new home of the Jedi. They would not repeat the mistakes of the past by allowing themselves to forget to listen to the Force due to the politics of Coruscant. His family would lead the Jedi toward a bright new future.

Anakin turned his attention back to the room he was in. His family had gathered at his request and Anakin could tell by the expressions on their faces that they knew what was coming. Anakin gave a small smile to those in the room. ?Thank you all. Thank you for allowing me to have a family.? Anakin looked toward Luke and Leia standing at either side of him hand in hand with Mara and Han respectively. The twins gave him a small smile. It hadn?t been easy at first, but they had learned to be a real family.

Luke had been the first to come around, along with the grandchildren, followed by Leia. With the twins? acceptance, Mara and Han had soon learned to forgive Anakin as well. Mara even went as far as to convince her sister to give the man a chance. After a few tense meetings, Brea had realized, much like everyone else, that Anakin was a changed man. Some

8. Jedi_BMK

Sep 10, 2004
    And for anyone interested, I'm including a trailer for the next full length fic I'll be posting. It's the first time I've written something in this form, but I think it turned out fine. I'll probably be ready to begin posting in a month or so. If anyone wants a PM when this starts, let me know.

Music: The Force Theme quietly fades in, muted in the background

Slow motion shot of the second Death Star being destroyed

VO: In the aftermath of battle, a hero goes off on his own?

Leia sits distracted at a conference table as Rebel leaders bicker around her

Leia: Luke, where are you?

VO: ?and a new threat comes to power.

Music: Imperial March kicks in

Grand Admiral Thrawn looks over Coruscant and the Imperial fleet, surveying his domain.

Cut to Thrawn in a briefing room with Imperial fleet command.

Thrawn: The time has come to avenge our loss at Endor. Deploy the strike teams to Bothawui and Sullust. I will go to Mon Calamari myself.

VO: The balance of the Force will be threatened.

Joruus C?Baoth stands defiantly before Thrawn with a wild look in his eyes.

C?Baoth: Bring me this Skywalker and I will give you the aid you seek.

Cut to Thrawn on board his flagship, turning from the viewport.

Thrawn: Miss Jade, how may I be of service?

Mara: I got you the information you wanted. Now, I want your help dealing with Skywalker.

VO: Resolve will be tested.

Music: Cut to Duel of the Fates

The Millennium Falcon breaks for the center of a blockade of Star Destroyers.

Cut to int. Han staring straight ahead, flying full throttle.

Cut to X-wing taking a hit from a violet projectile.

Cut to Luke?s head bouncing on the center console, unconscious as a purple energy wave goes through the cockpit of his fighter.

Cut to Leia watching battle monitors.

Leia: Luke!

Cut to Luke falling to the ground under a Force lightning attack followed by Corran Horn.

C?Baoth: I will teach you no more today. And do not expect me to suffer your insubordination as easily in the future.

Cut to Mara Jade exiting a transport to find herself staring down a blaster pistol held by an unknown female.

Cut to a distraught Leia walking up the ramp of a shuttle and looking to Luke.

Leia: Mon Mothma was just assassinated.

Cut to Ackbar and Fey?lya standing at odds in a briefing room as Leia attempts to step in.

Fey?lya: Of course you would send more cruisers to your home planet.

Music: Cut to Star Wars Theme

VO: Plans will be turned into action?

Mara sits across a table from Talon Karrde. She slips a piece of flimsy across the table.

Mara: I need information on this person.

Karrde looks at the flimsy and raises an eyebrow.

Karrde: I?ll see what I can do.

Cut to Leia walking across a hangar towards the Millennium Falcon. A grey blur knocks her off her feet and Leia is forced to roll away from a stab.

Cut to Karrde gesturing towards ysalamiri nutrient frames.

Karrde: Slips some trackers into the branches. I want to know where they?re going with those.

Cut to Luke standing in a hangar in his flightsuit, talking to Wedge Antilles.

Wedge: Did you find what you were looking for?

Luke: I did.

Wedge glances at transport behind Luke as Mara Jade descends from the ramp.

Wedge: I?m sure you did.

Cut to C?Baoth looking over his Luke and Corran onboard an Imperial shuttle.

C?Baoth: It is now time to teach you the true nature of the Force and then the Jedi will rule the galaxy as we were intended to.

Luke and Corran exchange a wary look, their binders now obvious.

VO: New alliances will form.

Mara is thrown into a cell where Luke is already being held.

Stormtrooper: Enjoy your new cellmate.

Cut to Luke glancing at the cockpit his parked X-Wing and then to Mara.

Luke: We?re going to have to squeeze in together if you want to get out of here.

Cut to Leia descending the ramp of the Millennium Falcon to find herself surrounded by Noghri. The head Noghri shiffs Leia?s hand and bows.

Noghri: Lady Vader.

Cut to Luke tossing Mara a b

9. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Wonderfully ending! And Anakin didn't die RIGHT away.... just after twenty years! LOL!

Sweet ending. And nice that everyone was alive and well. (and hopefully no stupid Vong War) ;) :D

10. pat_skywalker39

pat_skywalker39 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    i want a pm for your next story please

11. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I'm sad to see this go I remember when it first got posted. This fic was very well writen and I'm going to miss the updates but it ended well.

Anakin was back with Padme where he belonged and the Skywalkers/Solos were bringing back the Jedi.

12. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Hey, put me on the PM list for the next story also.

Very nice ending. Anakin lived long enough to see his greatgrandchild born. Loved it.

S.

13. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Nice ending, and the new story looks good.

14. Katarina42

Katarina42 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    ...And so it ends. :( It was a very touching and appropriate ending.

See you in your other threads :D

Kat

15. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    i've been a horrible reader of this fic - falling way way way behind for months (last time I posted a reply was almost 4 months ago!). I'd like a PM when the new fanfic starts. :)

16. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Okay, my guess about Anakin dying soon was way off. :p It was a very nice epilogue. All those Skywalkers. The galaxy will never be safe. ;)

Looking forward to the new story. I don't know how you do it - all these stories so quickly.

17. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Very touching ending, with Anakin having the chance to say goodbye to his family. It brough a tear to me eye. :_|

I loved Ben tossing the lightsaber to Anakin Solo and tell him not to lose that one. [face_laugh] It reminded me of the scene in AotC where Obi was lecturing Ani about always losing his own. Very fiting.

The end with Anakin and Padme was great. I think you captured it prefectly, with her having forgiven him so easily and just being happy to have him back.

The new fic looks like it's gonna be really good. PM me when it's posted please.

18. Liz_09

Liz_09 Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2005
    Oh my gosh! I almost cried! please PM when you start your new story!

19. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    That was a wonderful ending. :) Please pm me when you start your next fic.

20. marajade208

marajade208 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2004
    Excellent Story, Appropriate Ending in that he wasn't just forgiven. Loved the closure the family deserved and the touching reunion. Perfect.

Looking forward to your next fic. Please PM me.

Thanks

21. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    A wonderful ending for a wonderful story. :D
    I enjoyed reading it a lot!

I would like a pm for your new fic! That is a cool teaser! Good Job :D

22. Jedi_BMK

Sep 10, 2004
    I wanted to give a special thanks to everyone who replied to this story, even if it was just once. Any and all replies were appreciated.

Darth_Suzi
    RebelMom
    ObiDeeKenobi
    LadyPadme
    Jedi Trace
    StarFighter5
    JediVegeta
    green_eyes
    Jedi-2B
    rxchiquita
    JediMaster_Jen
    Tribun
    Aiel
    Jedi_Liz
    Jeditheskyisblue
    flowerbee
    J_M_Bulldog
    JediArwen
    Senator_Leia73
    kayladie97
    Jacen200015
    MaraAkaRed
    maramijade
    Jaina_Solo_59
    CommanderK23
    GreatOne
    son-of-kenobi
    TorontoJediMaster
    Solo_Fan
    Katarina42
    JEDIFLYSWATTER
    skywalker64089
    JTRogue
    Webogirl
    NinjaSkywalker
    darth_bow_down_to_me
    PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL
    NickStarwalker
    JuniorPadawan
    atg
    VaderLVR64
    Jade51999
    Yodan
    Liz_09
    pat_skywalker39
    marajade208

I especially want to thank those who replied early on for taking a chance on a first time writer. I still can't believe I made something this long and involved as my first story. I never could have finished this without all the support so give yourselves a hand. =D=

And now, replies to the epilogue.

GreatOne: Thank you. They all needed some peace and happiness, so I gave it to them. :D

pat_skywalker39: I'll be sure to do that.

Jeditheskyisblue: I'm sure I'll have to remind myself for a while that I don't need to update this one. And thanks for sticking around since I started this back in November.

skywalker64089: You're on the list. And thank you. I figured that was as good a time as any for Anakin to finally move on.

jade51999: Thank you on both counts.

Katarina42: Thank you.

Jedi_Liz: Anyone who reads this is fine by me. Even if they do fall behind. I'll be sure to let you know when I start that new one.

RebelMom: What do you mean it won't be safe? Those Skywalkers spend all their time fixing everyone else's mistakes...after making things worse. :p

I don't know how you do it - all these stories so quickly.

A combination of insanity, boredom, insomnia and being a relatively fast writer does the trick. Mostly the insanity though. 8-}

JediMaster_Jen: Thank you. The remark about not losing the lightsaber was directly inspired by that line in AOTC as a matter of fact. I'll let you know when I start posting the new story.

Liz_09: Thanks. I must have done something right. Now I'm glad this ending came to me and I didn't use the original. I'll be sure to send that PM when the next one is up and running.

jacen200015: Thank you. I'll PM you when that next story starts.

marajade208: Thanks. Anakin definitely wasn't going to get away with a simple apology, but he did work for his forgiveness. You'll get a PM as soon as the next fic starts.

Senator_Leia73: Thank you. I'll add you to the PM list for the next one.

23. JuniorPadawan

JuniorPadawan Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    Such a wonderful story. =D= It's sad, but all good things must come to an end ne?

Ben looked to his cousin. As their grandfather?fs health had started to fail, Ben had slowly taken over the younger Anakin?fs training. And this was Anakin?fs lightsaber. Ben smiled and tossed the weapon over the bed to his cousin. ?gCatch?cand try not to lose this one.?h

I loved that line. I couldn't help but think about the time in AotC when Obi-Wan lectured Anakin about always losing his lightsaber. That and well, it seems that the more things change, the more they stay the same. Of course the thought of Ben hitting his peak at four is rather funny too. [face_laugh]

24. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    :) he died of old age :) I'm glad of that :)

PM PM PM :)

ooooooooooooooooooohhhhh looks like an AU version of HttE trilogy :D :D :D

25. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Sorry I got so far behind. But good ending. Anakin got off easier than I thought, though he did have to go through a year-long trial. Lovely epilogue.

And your new story sounds intriguing. I was wondering if those glimpses of scenes were in chronological order or not. A PM when it starts would be nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.