main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~Reconciliation~ Ben, L/M - AU Story.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Pilot, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    A great post!

And like the others I find it funny that Ben can make decisions but his kids can't.

Of course, I do have to wonder if he realizes that pushing Nirice this way will make her do to him, what he did to his parents...Of course as soon as I saw Ben's thought about his children not being Jedi, I kinda had a sinking feeling that the proverbial stuff would hit the fan.

And Skywalker timing wins again! :p

2. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    This update was awesome.

Hmm, okay so I can understand Ben's feelings, but what he did is not right, well, maybe the baby is becoming at the right time and gives everyone a chance to cool down.

And that ending, see, now I can?t wait to read more.

Thanks for the pm.

3. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Well. It had to happen sooner or later.
    Great update.

4. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Wow...I loved the father/daughter talk...played out well here.

Ben sure could use some Jedi calming techniques about now.

Babies seem to have great timing, don't they?

Great chapter. Looking forward to the major fireworks[face_dancing]

5. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    I think Ben was just in shock. He didn't expect The Dreaded Jedi Question. Maybe when he cools off a bit he'll come aorund? I guess we'll find out...

Nice timing, little Skywalker baby! [face_dancing] [face_laugh]

Thanks for the PM! MORE SOOON!

6. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    My, my, my... Ben sure has a short fuse doesn't he? We all knew it had to happen sometime.

Lots of emotion there. I loved it. I had hoped that Ben would get over his animosity toward the Jedi,and his parents, but alas he has shown his true colors.

Loved the ending. Yes, Skywalker timing... what a wonderful thing :p

Cheers,
    Wyo

7. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Good post thanks for more

8. DarthJaded

DarthJaded Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2006
    Oops, my mistake, read the one at the bottom
    D.JadedO:) :-B

9. DarthJaded

DarthJaded Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2006
    Ohhhhhhhhhh that was a great last line. I can imagine Ben`s face at that bit of information[face_laugh] PM me please, your story is great.

D.JadedO:) :-B

10. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Ah, the old do as I say, not as I do or facsimile thereof... In other words, Ben better live up to his words. He was doing so well, and now I want to smack him upside the head for accusing his parents of trying to steal his children. Actually, I think I will smack him. [face_beatup] Don't accuse two people who were separated from their families as children of trying to separate more children from their family.

11. Tattoine_teenager

Tattoine_teenager Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2006
    I heart, skywalker luck eh?
    Gosh ben sooo hippocritical of you
    Up
    TT

12. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    I knew this was coming, but I didn't expect Ben to be so irrational. [face_shame_on_you] Ben!

It seems to be a parental perrogative to be irrational about their children.

I loved the way she told him. It was a very logical, well thought out arguement for a fourteen year old, and completely opposite from her father's immature anger.

I'm glad they spilled the beans about knowing which children are force-sensetive, though they all probably have some ability.

And now the baby's coming. What a buildup. I can't wait, I hope the baby's ok, but I have a feeling it's going to all depend on the family Jedi to save the day.

Of course that might help Ben deal with his own Force-sensitivity, which seems to be his real problem.

[face_praying] for a post soon.

13. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Cheesy noodles?!?! [face_dancing] Yum, I'm coming over for lunch!

If Stars and Comets is anything like Shoots and Ladders, Mara is a real trooper.

Ah Ben, no matter how much you love your children, you still have to let them grow up, make their own decisions and eventually leave the nest. Nobody ever said parenthood is easy. Sounds like Ben and Rachel have really been doing a good job, though.

I love how Rachel never backs down from Ben when it's really important. (Of course, these are unusual circumstances.)

What a cliffie! Somebody get that lady some fresh clothes!

14. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Thanks everyone for hanging in there with me!

ginchy: Aww...don't be too hard on Ben. There's still hope he may see the light! Thanks ginchy for being so supportive. :*

VaderLvr: Yes, Ben has much to learn. But will he learn it in time? [face_thinking]

Kidan: You are spot on about the stuff hitting the fan. Thanks for reading.

Star Angel: Thanks for reading. Babies have a way of smoothing things out sometimes....

ccp: Thanks, more coming soon.

Princess Cambria: Skywalker babies have particularly good timing.;)

Mere: You and I think a lot alike!

WyoJedi: Ben has a lot of Anakin in him. And as you know, babies have their own time frames.

G Anakin: Thanks! And thanks for reading.

DarthJaded: Thanks! Yep, Ben's face must've been something!

RebelMom: Exactly! But I try to imagine what it would be like for Ben growing up as he did. Problem is he still has a lot of growing up to do. Thanks for reading.

Tattoine Teenager: Smart, you are! Will go far in this world, I see. Thanks for reading.

padawanlost: I knew this was coming, but I didn't expect Ben to be so irrational. It seems to be a parental perrogative to be irrational about their children.

Paddy, are you sure you're not looking over my shoulder? Yes, our children make us crazy and we don't always see clearly.

I loved the way she told him. It was a very logical, well thought out arguement for a fourteen year old, and completely opposite from her father's immature anger.

I tribute this to Rachel's influence. Nirice got that capacity from her mom.

I'm glad they spilled the beans about knowing which children are force-sensetive, though they all probably have some ability.

Are you SURE you're not peeking over my shoulder???? Thanks for reading!

Blue Milkshake: Thanks! I love Rachel! I feel like she's a good friend even though she's only in my mind... [face_hypnotized]

15. Shaelyn_Skywalker

Shaelyn_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    AAAHHHH!! I'm scared of my Benny now. :_| Other than that, I loved it. WAAAYYYY worth the wait!!!! Now, write more!
    Just kidding.[face_laugh]

16. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Don't be scared Shaelyn! I'm the Queen of happy endings! :)
    Thanks for reading!

17. Shaelyn_Skywalker

Shaelyn_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    o-ok-okay...sniff,sniff...if you say so.

18. smiley_rancor

smiley_rancor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2006
    wow! And jus when i thought everything was bouncing along perfectly, u throw in 'Dad, i wanna be a Jedi' hehe, i can so see Ben kicking off at the deep end, but i hope that in the end he will come round because she seems strong willed enough to jus walk away and do it anyway and they could loose touch!

Lol, good way to end the post with the waters breaking... skywalker timing - for better and worse!

As always i love this and can't wait for the PM for your next update!

s_r

19. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Thanks for reading, smiley rancor! Ahh...family! Just when you turn your back they go all sith on ya'! As usual the latest in the Skywalker line chooses their own timing!

20. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Chapter #14

Ben rushed over to his kneeling wife, helping her to keep her balance on the floor. ?Just now? It broke just now?? Ben asked.

?Yes,? she gasped again, holding her abdomen and breathing hard.

?It?s okay, we?ll just get you to the med center and?? said Ben, lifting his wife gently.

?Nooooo?.? Rachel sank back down to her knees. ?This one?s?coming? fast.?

?How fast?? asked Ben. ?Tiann-fast or Nirice-fast??

?Abby-fast,? she groaned, closing her eyes.

?Not good,? said Tiann.

?That?s not helping, Tiann,? Ben said, giving his twelve year old a look. ?Dad, call whatever medical emergency transport is available and tell them we need medical assistant now.?

?Yes son,? said Luke running to the comm unit, his face white.

?Mom, I need you to get blankets, pillows and towels.?

?I?m on it,? replied Mara, sympathy on her face as she glanced at Rachel.

Ben looked around. ?Tiann go downstairs and wait in the foyer for the transport, then bring them up here when they arrive. Nirice go to the kitchen and get something sharp that I can cut the umbilical cord with.?

?Okay, Dad?.I?m so sorry, Daddy, I didn?t mean to?? started Nirice.

?It?s all right, baby, just go to the kitchen for me.?

Mara came back loaded with everything Ben had asked for. ?Mom, lay out the blanket and help me lift Rachel up so she can recline on it,? Ben instructed, calmly.

?Ooooooooww,? moaned Rachel, starting to pant.

?It?ll be okay, honey. Mom, if you will sit behind her so she can use you as a support. Come on, Rach just lean back against my mom. Get those pillows under her hips, that?s it,? encouraged Ben.

Rachel leaned back against Mara, while Ben bent her legs and placed a towel over her for privacy. ?Okay, let?s just lose the undergarments, honey.?

?Ben?? said Rachel, her face flushing.

Ben smiled. ?You?ve never been this modest during delivery before.?

?I?ve never given birth in front of your parents before either,? she said gritting her teeth as another contraction hit.

Nirice entered the living room with a sharp knife in hand. Ben looked up into her face and smiled. ?Thanks, baby now take Caleb, Emia and Abby to my folk?s bedroom and stay with them.?

?Is Mom is going to be okay?? Nirice asked, her voice shaking.

?Of course, after five times we?re old pros at this,? Ben smiled. ?Go on now.?

Luke hurried back over as the kids went into the bedroom. ?They?re on their way, Ben. What else can I do??

?Get a couple of damp cloths and then come hold Rachel?s hand in between contractions.? Ben checked his wife. ?Stars, Rachel, you?re already about seven centimeters. How long have you been having contractions??

?Since breakfast?off and on,? panted Rachel, perspiration beading her face. ?But they weren?t?.steady?so I didn?t think?.? Rachel screeched loudly.

?What?? asked Ben.

?Lots?.of pain,? whimpered Rachel.

?Emia-pain or Caleb-pain,? Ben asked, concerned.

?Abby-pain,? grunted Rachel.

Not good?thought Ben.

Luke arrived with damp cloths and began to bathe Rachel?s face and neck. ?It?s been a while since we?ve done this, son what?s next??

?We have to wait until she?s dilated ten centimeters before she can push,? said Ben checking Rachel again.

Rachel began to groan louder. ?Something?s?.not ?right.?

Ben felt panic start to swell. ?Not right how?? he asked trying to keep his voice calm.

?Have to?.push!? Rachel cried her face scrunched up in pain.

?No, honey it?s not time yet, just breathe,? encouraged Ben.

?YOU BREATHE, I WANT TO PUSH!? said Rachel through clenched teeth.

?Lean forward Rachel,? suggested Mara. ?That?s it?? Mara began to slowly rub her daughter-in-law?s back. ?Breathe?.?

?That?s good, Mom?keep it up,? suggested Ben, wiping his wife?s face. ?The med team should be here any minute.?

?Not?going to?wait for any?.stinking med?.team,? growled Rachel, leaning back against Mara.

?Calm, Rachel?take another breath. It won?t be long until you?re holding that beautiful baby in your arms,? said Ben soft

21. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Ohhh, yay! A boy! :D And Abby took after Grandaddy on healing abilities! [face_love]

And everyone seems to be okay! [face_dancing]

Great post gal... but just an epilogue left? :_| I'm going to miss this story, and those spunky kids. :D

22. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Ben could be a midwife if decides to change careers. ;) Finally, he apologizes. Takes a scare to make one see things differently.

23. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    great post as always!

*starts wait for epilogue*

24. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    No I haven't been looking over your shoulder. I have too much fun getting the PM's and coming to read them once they're finished.

Luke and Abby are my absolute favorite. Their interaction has been the best thing I've seen done with Luke's character since he met Mara on Myrkr.

Is it preemptive to ask for a Luke/Abby story?

This has been so much fun. Fantastic job. =D= [face_love]

25. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Aww! My Mama would be very proud of Ben and Rach- she's a home-birth mommy herself.

I wonder what they'll name little baby boy?

sorry for a short review - I'm short on time

thanks for the PM and the great update!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.