main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Remember when the trailer first aired.........

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Anakin_Prime, Oct 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    Me and my dad were left speechless, when we saw it. We had gone ot see Robots, and all we could talk about afterwards was the trailer.

2. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    When I saw the first Ep.III trailer I think I started to drool.

3. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    I crapped my pants after Palpatine said "Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?", then whipped out his lightsabre and went to town on them.

4. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah, when I heard that line and saw Palpatine do that cool spinning move and go flying across the room, I was just like "HOLY GOD!" :eek:

5. LittleGreenManYoda

LittleGreenManYoda Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    I never watch the trailer on Fox but I watched it on the internet a week later and I almost wetted my pants but I didnt. hehe

6. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    I really liked both the trailers. The teaser was just shy of being one of my favorite trailers ever.

7. LizardJedi

LizardJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    I remember I TiVoed The OC just for the trailer. That was big for me.. I'm auctally from Orange County, and I dispise that show.. but just for the trialer, I'll TiVo it... then my Tivo decided to cut out the last 30 sec. That made me really mad, hehehe...

As for the teaser trailer... I guess we werent supposed to hope for much with a teaser trailer... but I thought the ANH part was kinda meh. Creative, yes, but ofc, I wanted to see scenes from the movie :p

8. Just_Joe

Just_Joe Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 9, 2002
    The Teaser Trailer was alot more bone chilling for me. I knew there would be a shot of Sidious with his lightsaber(which was new, cool and freaky to see at the time), but I wasnt expecting Vader to be risen up on the table! :eek:

The whole "Lord Vader." "Yes master." "RISE!" was super sweet! It's one of my favorite quotes to repeat in my head.

9. ChosenOne89

ChosenOne89 Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2005
    I remember I had a dream that night about how the movie was gonna go...But I thought that the music video of A HERO FALLS was a lot more entertaining and I kep pausing and looking at scenes there. In comparison to the A HERO FALLS, i thought the trailer was pretty weak, but still exciting for when it came out.

10. JediLaura01

JediLaura01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2001
    Ahh...memories.

My brother and I were both waiting for the OC to end se we could see it, then we watched it, each in our own rooms. I taped it of course. Afterwards, we ran into the middle of the house to discuss. "That was awesome!" I remember shouting. Then we watched it again like 10 trillion times!

11. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    best trailer ever for any movie even the previous SW.

12. COMMANDER76

COMMANDER76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    Hmmmmm well....

I just got really exicted about the BIG duels in store....

13. Sosanya

Sosanya Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    Vader's Sith eyes is what caught me....I knew it was gonna be good from there. I only wish they had featured more of that in the movie....you know everyone was waiting for that moment when he turned around with those eyes.

14. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    I was at a mall in New Jersey, eating at Chili's with my family and girlfriend. I was so pissed because my VCR wasn't working at the time. I didn't know when the trailer was going to air during The O.C., so about every ten minutes I would get up from my table, leave Chili's, and go to Best Buy that was near Chili's so I could see the trailer. My girlfriend (she's not a Star Wars fan) was pissed at me but I didn't care. I had to see the trailer. I caught the end of The O.C.(first and only time watching an episode of the show) and finally saw the trailer. I was so happy that I saw it and didn't care if my girlfriend thought it was rude of me for leaving the table every ten minutes.

15. fettmaster39

fettmaster39 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 9, 2005
    I can't belive I sat through a whole hour of that
    "O.C." crap, (I thought that the trailer was going to air
    during the show) but it didn't matter.

The trailer was awsome, I couldn't belive it.

...And the climax was great...
    "Are you threating me master Jedi?"

........ah, sweet.

16. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I waited until I saw The Incredibles to see it. It was great to see images from ANH and AOTC, and finally, ROTS.

17. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    i remember.

18. TomPiltoff

TomPiltoff Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2005
    Like I said earlier, non-SW fans cannot possibly comprehend how great this trailer was.

Because, for better or for worse, you have to admit that George did a lot of things in Episodes I and II very different from what we had imagined. Nobody in 1983 was wondering about Obi-Wan's master, or Dooku, etc.

The Episode III trailer, however, showed us stuff EXACTLY HOW WE IMAGINED IT! Anakin leading the clones, the Mustafar duel...it was taken straight from our imaginations!

19. ImperialMarchFace

ImperialMarchFace Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Oh man that was such a good episode! They got stuck in the mall, and, ya know, they did stuff, and stuff happened, and I'm sure somebody got in a fight with somebody. Yeeeeah...

I left the OC on for the entire episode, just to be on the safe side, and just sat on the boards the entire time and tried not to pay attention to it. Then the trailer came on, and it was AWESOME!

I was just sitting in absolute stunned silence until I saw Sidious throwing Senate pods at Yoda, to which I remarked "Oh. My. God."

Then I remember it took forever for the OS to get the trailer up on Hyperspace, because of time zone differences and some people not having seen it yet. So that sucked. But then it came up, and I watched it way too many times. It's still the best SW trailer ever.

20. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    HAHAHA, I remember waiting hrs when I heard it was going to be on HS and watching it over and over again.

21. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    left the OC on for the entire episode, just to be on the safe side, and just sat on the boards the entire time and tried not to pay attention to it.

Heh, yeah I remember that was the toughest part. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.