main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resurrecting the Pub

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by JONJEDI, Dec 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    Sorry but I just get a bit touchy when blame is thrown around. In my house I get blamed for everything! It can't be my sister becasue she's the oldest and a good little girl and it can't be my brother becasue he's the youngest and a good little boy. So it has to be 'that other child' thats done it which is unfortunatly me. And when you have gone 16 years been blamed for everything in your house it really, really pisses you off. So when I see people blaming other people it just makes me mad. Maybe its my parents fault for not treating me the same as my brother and sister and I must admit it isn't really that bad anymore now that I'm older, but its sort of stuck with me.

Maybe Richie isn't bothered but its just the way I am. No matter what the situation I can't stand there and let someone take a beating, I have to stick up for them.

2. Jedi_Nath

Jedi_Nath Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 30, 2005
    It may not solve it, but it brings up the issue!

Any posts which contain flirting or comments of an adult nature should be strictly kept withing a p2p form of communication and not plastered around the boards.

3. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Lord-Wiz :D Actually, you are one of the innocent ones in there :p The Big Finger isn't pointing your way ;) But you and Jim + makeup eh?

Nik - yeah, that's fair enough :D I am not really a flirty person tbh, kinda feels weird to me (I am happier doing that sorta of stuff privately), but if others want to do it then fair play, but watch out for the bucket of ice-chilled water if tongues get used in front of me :D

I do see the difference with intentional ignoring and just a post or two being mistakenly missed as people are having a conversation with one or two members, that is how pubs are in real life tho, sometimes you are deep in convos with someone and forget to reply to others (until they slap/prod you). I wouldn't say anyone on here has intentionally ignored me (I hope) since I am not prepared on a new batch of freshly made knuckle sandwiches at the mo ;) I have seen intentional ignoring in a major way outside of the FFUK, it isn't nice, and maybe unforgivable. I'd rather someone tell me straight if they have a problem with me, I hate hate hate the silent treatment.

Re: Serena and her photo's - if I had Serena's looks (or I mean if I was handsome in a guy way lol) then I'd probably post pics if people asked for them, or if I wanted advice on a haircut, etc (which my bro with a shaver sets on 3 for my usual cut now, since I seemed to have gained my Mum's /Grandmum's real-thin hair). And Serena posts her pics in her own thread on it, so can we really be annoyed with that?
    I don't post pics often because I don't want a huge bill for all the cracked monitors lmao :p

4. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005

i refuse to comment on that! [face_laugh] those who have been following the FF trivial pursuit game will know what is going on there. all i can say is watch this space ;) (well, not this space in particular, but i am on the cusp of showing how attractive i really am [face_whistling] )

5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It is true that the Pub is not as poopular as it once was
    But thats not entirely to do with some of us young people flirting a lot

The Pub has got rather random and lots of people seem not to make actual conversation
    It tends to deteriorate into either bickering or gloating or just random sillyness & what-not(which in a way does sum up this whole board quite well :p )

I would like to see the Pub restored to its former glory that it had when Yoshee and all the foreigners were around, when most of the senior posters and younger posters all posted there
    So we all need to agree to stop certain things and cut certain things down if we want to have the pub as it was

Though I must say, if people have felt this way about it for so long why has only Jimbo mentioned it?
    If we'd known everyone felt so strongly about it then we would have changed the way things are done in the pub ages ago

6. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    because perhaps we were waiting for it to be noticed and nobody did? and it took someone a while to comment, or put it across in the right way. jimbo gets a big pat on the back for raising the subject.

7. Ebenezer_TK_Scrooge

Ebenezer_TK_Scrooge Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 3, 2002
    [face_laugh] at some people in this thread! And I thought I got too worked up over a forum!

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Indeed he should
    But if we were aware he spoke for the vast majority something would have been done

Still, no doubt things will change now that the issue has been addressed

9. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005

as soon as he did, we all came out of the woodwork.

and good, i hope so.

10. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Jimbo is one of the posters on here I like the most without actually having met him (not that all of you aren't great :p ), but to be honest I was surprised it was Jimbo who brought this up. No offense Jimbo, but it was a curious thing. One of Richie's o_O kinda things. But you are also one of the posters we should not lose from here, and if Dickie would get his butt back on here to say hi, that would make my day too (I found the thread where he said goodbye btw, I really did miss that :( ).

So, if people aren't happy with too much flirting, then maybe tone it down a little lads.

I will say this about the boards from my pov. When I first joined here, I was already posting on a forum for some time where I was enjoying myself. My first taste of the JC was to try and bring some sort of fair comments about the people who make the SW comics, so I posted in the Lit for a long time, against people who whined way too much about delays in comic releases. I did take a peek in the FFUK as it was then, and it seemed a very, very unfriendly place. It felt like the core was a group of work colleagues who had no interest in SW at all, and they just made in-group jokes. There was no way for a new person like me then to step in. Felt really unfriendly. That was what I saw, but not necessarily what was actually happening, since there are quite a few people from that time still on here that I respect and like. I only posted in Grimsby forum because I had been converted to the lightside and had a way of putting my foot an inch into the doorway. I got a lot of nice replies back, but it was a little like a western ghost town with bushes blowing by once the simple formalities were done with.

It doesn't feel that way anymore on here. There is a good crowd, who I know don't have issues with posting towards me like on other places, it's just me being dumb when I don't get an answer and worry. The pub IMHO changes for the people who post in there often. I am still not used to posting like I would chat in real life lol, that still freaks me out a little. I'll get used to it. I miss my uni days when I would stay up all night chatting about just about anything, but I've got something similar here.

I think everyone should down their fisticuffs, all that has needed to be said by those who feel such a way, has been said. Let's stop upsetting people, name calling, finger pointing. It's been brought up. Everyone have a think about it. Your own personal style on here is just that, I won't dictate anything unless I have a nutter on my case. But, for the sanity and inclusion of all the great people on here, let the pub flirting be toned down a little, agreed? And someone get a coca cola in for me please.

And if you are still reading this, well done :p

11. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    Everyone makes jokes, flirts and the such.
    Even I do (See the Midlands pub), but there was always a limit.
    The limit was never reached in this boards pub and I for one felt excluded.
    I do not want to join in a conversation like that. I am 30 for christs sake.
    The point of the pub was to interact and have a laugh.
    It got to the point where anyone could walk in, say Hi and be ignored because everyone was too busy drooling over someone else.

I used to pop in, see where the conversation was going and leave.
    I thought user appreciation threads were against the TOS, but I guess when you call it a pub it is different.

If I want to see teenage hormones I will watch Hollyoaks.

I felt the point needed to be made.
    Whether anything changes or not it will be a while before I pop back in there I am afraid.

I am self enforcing some time out from the pub.

See you lot around.

12. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Fair enough Jimbo, sorry it means you won't be in there for a while. Hopefully when you come back to it, it'll be a more friendly to you ;) :cool:

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    =D= =D= =D=

But of course

14. Ebenezer_TK_Scrooge

Ebenezer_TK_Scrooge Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 3, 2002

I KNOW!! I really wish they would stop drooling over me!

15. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Ok, obligatory =P~ (I hope I haven't just drooled at some nasty undeserving sock!)

The day I get one of those from a female poster is the same day the Apocalypse starts hehehe.
    Don't even dare press that CTRL+C/ CTRL+V :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.