main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Return from Plano Updates

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by Maumi, Oct 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AladdinSane

AladdinSane Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2003
    So, this is the board, huh .... Amanda had to show me how to use this 'puter thing. I kept talking into the mouse, but it didn't do anything .. until I pushed it around a little. I've been here before, but .... do you guys really want to get me talking .?! :)

Well :) I had a great time in Plano. Especially Shelbi insisting on killing me (Seriously, I thought I would keel over) with a second round of Laser Tag.

We must do it, or anything similar again soon!

rs

2. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    Hey Russ! I know what you mean about LaserTag. I know just how out-of-shape I am now. :)

3. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    You boys need to come play Paintball with me and Paul. :D

4. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    I took the pics at dinner, but I didn't have enough time to get them all on there, I'll add the rest tonight. Oh, and, yes Dena, I really like that picture too, lol.

Edit: Otto, just what do you meen about "boys come play paintball". Dena and I did just as well as the boys did at lasertag, and we didn't run out of energy like they did either.

5. Maumi

Maumi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    Shelbi and I came out of that first game, ready for a second round and probably could have played yet another round and still not have been worn out!!! It was way too much fun!!! Paintball would be a lot of fun too!!!

6. banditajs

banditajs Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2002
    I did as well as Russ and Billy on being out-of-shape but I would love to try paintball. After playing lasertag I think paintball would be just as much fun.

7. IMAXPoe

IMAXPoe Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Paintball would be a blast to play with everybody.

8. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    paintball leaves bruises :( much pain

9. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Don't get shot.

10. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    heh heh....but lasers don't leave bleeding whelps.

Don't get shot eh Brent?? Kinda hard when your up against a Tippman A-5 with a reactive trigger (that means it shoots really fast) screaming liquid pain in a cruchy candy shell at you. Not to mention that it can easily reach out and slap you up side the head from 100 yards down range. :D

11. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    Dang, that's a pretty nice marker you've got, Paul. I've been lookin to get a marker of my own, but I'm not too sure what the best kinds are. I mean, the guys at school hvae given me their opinions, but what is yours?

12. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    man paintball has changed so much.. Paul is that A5 able to go fully auto? Personally I hate the fully auto markers... overkill and just an excuse to sell more paint. hehe over the years I have had everything from a first run Syder to a good old workhorse Tippman prolite. I wish now that I had never sold the prolite. The syper was no biggy when I sold it but I miss my old tippman.

Shelbi what are looking for? a good solid opening marker or something you can ultra trick out? Or something that is full auto?

For a good old marker that is not to heavy Kingman's Spyder line has many choices these days. Tippman's are always good. last I heard you should probably still avoid anything that says Brass Eagle on it hehehe.

However marker or no marker I would suggest you invest in a really good facemask..full face... get one that fits so you won;t get stuck with any old feild mask that has seen 20000 games and is scratched so bad you can't see out of it hehe.

Also from a personal standpoint the second best peice of safety equipment I ever bought was my padded gloves. hehe I have been shot in the hand from two feet away both with and without...I prefer with. :)

13. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    hehe thats not the gun I have but the guns that are usually shooting at me. I have a Spyder aggressor. Bottomline. Nothing special.

The RT makes it pretty much full auto. A light finger on the trigger and balls are bouncing out like wild fire.

It really makes your adrenaline pump when you hear it. Pop pop pop pop...then twenty paintballs slap against whatever you happen to be cowering behind at the time.

As far as my opinion on what kind of marker you should get...well it really depends on how serious of a player you want to be, and your pocket book. The folks at the paintball shop will be able to help you pick out a gun thats right for you and how much you want to spend. As for me, I got what i could afford at the time.

14. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    Let me clearify When I said boys I was talk to the two people that had spoke up and said that they were sore. That was it. As for Paintball as a group activitive Paul and myself have brought this up many times.

Shelbi as for a good cheap(well under 150)marker. Tippman 98 custom, upgradeable and very dependable marker. Thats just me

15. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    Lol, Otto, I was just giving you a hard time about the "boys" comment, that's what I do best isn't it? I appreciate the advice you guys. My dad said that he's take me to look for markers if I had any money left over from Plano. I do, but $50 isn't going to buy much. I've been told a hundred times to either get a spyder or tippman, so I'm glad you guys confirmed it.

16. Bullseye

Bullseye Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 22, 2003
    Nice meeting everyone

17. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I took the pics at dinner, but I didn't have enough time to get them all on there, I'll add the rest tonight.

<---patiently awaiting the rest of the dinner pics. :)

We're trying to put together a FF pic collection.

:cool:

18. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    I'm sorry it took soooo long to get the rest of the pics up. My computer wasn't agreeing with me earlier today, and I had a load of homework last night. But they're all up now :D.

19. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
  20. AladdinSane

AladdinSane Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2003
    Wow, lots of comments . . .
    Paintball sounded cool - now I'm just scared; but, pain is good and one day all of the jargon will make sense. Of course I should probably try to become physically fit to compensate for the lack of equipment first ... don't you think? By the way, I'm in shape .... round is a shape. Paintball still sounds good - bruises and whelps, ehhhh. Lasertag - probably less painful though.

We have some Plano Pics - If we run our normal course we should have them ready by the end of next summer. We'll try to do better.

I had more, but I don't remember now.

rs

21. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Laser tag causes cancer. So, you take the good with the bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.