main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Return of the Jedi (YJK AU, Z/J) ~ COMPLETED! Sequel Link up 01/20!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Trickster_Jaina_Fel, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Jaina_Rocks160

Jaina_Rocks160 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2003
    ~~*JESUS LOVES YOU*~~

No talking to dead people? :(
    *snaps fingers* too bad...

The Princess Bride!!!= awesome movie!!! ;)
    I own it!
    My dad really likes that corny, high-pitched Sicilian {SP???} dude. :p
    I go for the bashful giant!
    *idea lightbulb pops up*
    Hey, TJF! You should create a giant in RotJ!!!
    Wouldn't that be funny!!!
    *thinks twice*
    Errr...maybe not...just an idea ;)
    No, wait! Just as Brakiss is about to wake up {or whatever, because he isn't dead}, then this giant falls out of the ceiling and lands on him!!! :D
    *shakes head at own silliness* :p

Ok...what was I going to say when I posted this?...

Oh, yeah!

MORE PLEASE!!! ;) :p

~*~*~

2. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    *is speechless - in a good way*

I step back into the lightside. If you're going to write like *that*, Jaina can have Zekk. I know a lost cause when I see one ;)

Out of everything I was blown away by that chapter. Fantastic.

Princess Bride - one awesome movie.

3. The_Jedi_Obi-Solo

The_Jedi_Obi-Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2003
  4. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    AAAAAAAAAAAS YOOOOOOOOOOU WIIIIIIIIIIIISH... :p

Hehe... Zekkie!! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] *sniffle* It's... it's going to be over on Friday?? :( :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| And this... This was the fic that converted me to Z/J even though it wasn't really Zekk, and... :_| :_|

5. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Great post, TJF! Wonderful imagery...just fantastic!

I LOVE THE PRINCESS BRIDE!!!

"He's not all dead, just mostly dead."

6. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    Striker: Guys can fall prey to soap operas. Trust me on that.

[face_laugh] well then, i guess i know who i'll go to if i ever decide to take up soap operas, and need some background info :p

Jaina_Rocks: No talking to dead people?
    *snaps fingers* too bad...

sorry, i didn't even think of that...but Lara (in "Children of Destiny") might be plagued by it :p at least, she was in the original version... [face_laugh] *has to post that somewhere, sometime...*

My dad really likes that corny, high-pitched Sicilian {SP???} dude

[face_laugh] he's my third favourite, i think...no, wait...the clergy is definitely in the top area... ("Mawwige! Mawige is wut bwings us here today...") and inigo...

ach! i love them all... :p

Hey, TJF! You should create a giant in RotJ!!!

a little late for that, isn't it? ;) ooh...but maybe in the sequel [face_mischief] except i have *no* idea why i'd need one... :p

No, wait! Just as Brakiss is about to wake up {or whatever, because he isn't dead}, then this giant falls out of the ceiling and lands on him!!!

mmm.... *steps away* maybe not :p

Kazzy: *is speechless - in a good way*

yay! i think you're the second or third person i've ever struck dumb in my whole life (with my writing). it's still an accomplishment [face_mischief] ;)

If you're going to write like *that*, Jaina can have Zekk. I know a lost cause when I see one

hehe...good to hear :D

thanks [face_blush] :D

Obi-Solo: :D

06: *sniffle* It's... it's going to be over on Friday??

okay, i'm crossing over into Monsters Inc. now...

"c'mon, if you're gonna cry...i'm gonna cry...and...i'm never gonna get through this." :p

And this... This was the fic that converted me to Z/J even though it wasn't really Zekk, and...

you and me both! :eek: fortunately, i've had 2.5-3 weeks to prepare myself for this... [face_plain]

:(

:_|

Lt: thanks :D and...well...you know me and the mystic world :p once i get started, i can never stop 8-}

~TJF

7. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

:eek:

CAN THIS GET ANY BETTER??!?!

I might get to meet KS in Dec. (if I ever can catch up with her to find out if she can make it to Central Library downtown on the right date.... Grrr...

And Jaina and Zekk live!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!

[face_love] :D [face_love] :D [face_love] :D [face_love] :D [face_love] :D [face_love] :D [face_love] :D [face_love] :D [face_love] :D [face_love] :D

8. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Jaid! you're back! :p

I might get to meet KS in Dec. (if I ever can catch up with her to find out if she can make it to Central Library downtown on the right date.... Grrr...

:eek: lucky! :p say hi to her for me ;)

And Jaina and Zekk live!!!

of course! i need people to angst-ify in CitR *rolls her eyes as if it should be obvious ;)*

~TJF

9. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002

:eek: Say hi for me too! Hmmm... Hopefully after your meeting, there'll still be a Central Library... ;) :p

*gathers party fixin's in preparation for Friday* :D :D

10. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Hopefully after your meeting, there'll still be a Central Library...

[face_laugh] no kidding! will there be a city when you guys are through? :p

don't forget to pack some tissues 06! i know i'm going to cry...this'll be the second story that i've completed (well, other than the obvious short stories/viggies) :(

oh, and somebody smack me; i just created a new website (yes, even though i *finally* managed to make my current one half-way decent) *mutters something about y2 rubbing off on her*

~TJF

11. Jaina_Rocks160

Oct 18, 2003
    ~~*JESUS LOVES YOU*~~

I don't have the heart to smack you, TJF!!!
    Oh...well...whatever, life is short
    *smacks TJF* :p

New website, eh?

TJF, I'm going to cry rivers when this fic is over!!!! Of course, once you start up the sequel, the grief will lessen! Unless you ever abandon it or something--then you will really feel pain!!! [face_devil]
    Not that you would do such a thing ;) ...

JAINA & ZEKKIE!!!!!!! [face_love] :D

???MORE SOON???

~*~*~

12. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Oh...well...whatever, life is short
    *smacks TJF*

thank you :p *goes off and rants at herself*

TJF, I'm going to cry rivers when this fic is over!!!! Of course, once you start up the sequel, the grief will lessen! Unless you ever abandon it or something--then you will really feel pain!!!

Well, there's going to be a break between RotJ and CitR...I might even go so far as to finish Die Another Day before i start posting CitR. That way the posts will be quicker on both stories ;)

second last post... :(

When Jaina screamed, Zekk's heart stopped. He wanted to cover his ears, but found he couldn't. It rang within his heart and mind - not a physical scream, but one through the Force. "She's in pain!" he exclaimed, staring at Jaina's jerking body.

Sanar probably meant that weak sound to be a snort. "You're so naïve," she muttered. "Ever heard of the saying, 'life is pain'? Never a truer phrase."

"I didn't know she'd be hurt!" he snapped. "Not like this, anyway," he added a little sheepishly. It would do no good to yell at Sanar - if not for her, Jaina wouldn't even be alive. But still?

Sanar's eyes were beginning to droop. "Life's fire is pouring into her blood again, battling back the ice of death. Every part of her is melting in a way it doesn't want to; she was dead, and she accepted it - wanted it, even, I guess, considering she was the one to cut her life force. She could have been with her dead loved ones again, and it's never easy to turn that chance down. Her body closed down, but now life is screeching through her veins like lava, forcing closed passageways to reopen. It's not pain, it's hell - but she'll live."

"So you say," he muttered, eyeing Jaina worriedly. Her screams dimmed to moans, and then to silence.

Sanar perked up a little; colour returned to her skin and her eyes grew brighter. "You need to go now," she commanded Zekk, her voice almost normal again.

He looked up at her sharply. "But Jaina - "

"She's sleeping - and she will continue to do so for some time. You killed an emperor, Zekk; the aftermath of the attack has stemmed suspicion, but someone's going to remember to check the throne room eventually. Bonds can exist even in the Dark side, I assure you." Her chocolate eyes were grim.

"You'll have to carry her, of course," she continued, beginning to stand. She leaned only a little against the wall. "Use the servants' routes - I'm assuming you remember your way around?"

He had to search his mind for a moment, but he found the memories he needed, and nodded. Carefully, he positioned Jaina his arms, and stood.

Sanar watched the movement with just the smallest hint of strangeness on her pretty, tired face. "Do you have a ship?" she asked quietly, staring at Jaina.

He shifted. "Onyx - I," he corrected, "have a cruiser, if the docking bay wasn't bombed."

She nodded briskly, appearing to push aside her reaction to whatever had made her weird out. Zekk wasn't really paying attention to her. "They'll be here in a minute." When he didn't move, she scowled. "Oh honestly, get lost. You heroes are so damn annoying, you know that?"

He reddened a little. "What about you?"

She waved a hand dismissively and made her way to the window where Brakiss had fallen. "Don't worry about me. That's always been my job." She smiled, as if to reassure him, but it was unsuccessful.

"If you ever need help - "

Her eyes rolled in sarcasm. "Oh, yes, I know. Anything I want, because with Solo around you're allowed to be all sappy, right? Get out before I barf."

He blinked, put off by her sudden mood swing, but left.

Or - she thought with a sigh - he almost did. He just had to turn around one last time and say, "Thank you, Sanar - I'll never forget this."

She growled. "Whatever. Have fun with her family!" She brightened at the mere idea.

He sighed and left, just like she had expected - just like all the heroes who lived in a happy-ending fairy tale.

And Sanar waited.

~*~*~

13. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    :eek: :eek: :( :_| :_| :_| TJF... *sniffle* I...It was so touching... *grabs a Kleenex*

I really, really like Sanar now. Just to let you know. :D

*remembers there's only the epilogue left*

:_| :_| *packs cartons of Kleenex in with party goods for tomorrow* :p

Zekk and Jaina... *sigh* [face_love] How did I ever have doubts?? :p

14. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    TJF... *sniffle* I...It was so touching...

thanks...this part was my "bang", so to speak, since it sets up for the sequel (jeez, now the computer's boycotting the U's...), and the epilogue is the whisper. but i loved this part so much :D it was tough deciding whether or not the "Sanar's Redemption Plea" (type-thing :p) should be the epiloge

ANYway... :p

I really, really like Sanar now. Just to let you know

yay! :D

*packs cartons of Kleenex in with party goods for tomorrow*

thank you - i'll pack my own, but i have a feeling i'm going to be all weepy-female (*looks vagely ill at the idea*) and not have enough :p

How did I ever have doubts??

you know......i really don't know 8-}

happy gobble day, btw ;)

~TJF

15. Leigh-S-Durron

Leigh-S-Durron Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2003
    *sniffle* Can I have some of those Kleenexes, please!

16. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    *hands Leigh a few kleenex*

*continues to repeat "will not cry, will not cry; it's not even fully done yet; won't cry...."*

:(

:p

~TJF

EDIT: now i remember why i never post on holidays... *sighs* what was i thinking? :p

any canadians around?

17. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    I'm not Canadian, but I'm not American either - will I do?

Awww, that was a sweet post. Lovely, lovely, lovely.

The things that Sanar does for those two. Or puts up for those two. Then they go and abandon her...

She tsk-ed. "Now, now, is that anyway to treat your sister, and your only chance of redeeming your complete ineptness in the eyes of your potentially salvageable emperor?"

LOL.

Is he gunna liiiiivve?

18. SpikeLeadJF

SpikeLeadJF Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2003
    okay here I am TJF!!!!!! i actually made it onto the computer. great post it really brightened my day! Darth Sore Throught and Darth Evil Cough have struck again. (Why is it always this time of year?) Now I have to somehow make it on today and read your next post. hmmm can I do that? i'll be cleaning my room and no doubt mom will have me help clean the house even if i am sick.... well i'll find a way. I don't kno how. See I'm a Solo. I'm just makin this up as I go along! ;) somehow i'll get on. I think.....
    ~*SpikeLead*~

19. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    good post.

To bad its the end.

20. Jaina_Rocks160

Oct 18, 2003
    ~~*JESUS LOVES YOU*~~

TJF--

:_| *cries* that was so...awesome!!! :_|
    Poor Sanar! Brothers can be a pain! :p

I can't believe it's almost over!!!
    Zekk and Jaina are finally together and...and...*tries not to break down into tears* and they are going to live happily ever after!!! *fails* :_|
    Actually, considering TJF's writing and the sequel, they'll probably live anything other than happily ever after, but as long as they're together it will be ok!!!

And Jaina will get to tell Tenel Ka about Jacen! **bittersweet tears** That poor girl...

Sanar is such a stubborn fruit! Why won't she just become friends with someone? :p
    Kyp came to talk to her :) ...

*sniffle* End soon???

p.s. Happy Belated Thanksgiving!!!
    I'm thankful for this fic! Thanks, TJF!!!

~*~*~

21. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Kazzy: I'm not Canadian, but I'm not American either - will I do?

definitely :D ;)

The things that Sanar does for those two. Or puts up for those two. Then they go and abandon her...

lol...sanar's weird that way; she *wanted* to be left there *rolls eyes* anyway, i don't think she could last (without having a mental/emotional explosion) very long around a bunch of "heroes" :p [face_laugh]

Is he gunna liiiiivve?

you'll see in the sequel [face_devil]

SpikeLead: Darth Sore Throught and Darth Evil Cough have struck again.

ugh, you too? i have a cross between a cold and the flu :p i'm just getting over it...
    well, at least you're not puking :p

yay, cleaning 8-} have fun

PsychoSniper: thanks :)

Jaina_Rocks: thanks :D

Poor Sanar! Brothers can be a pain!

that they can...it's too bad, cuz devnos used to be really nice. of course, that was before rafintair and horaire got their filthy hands on him :mad:

Zekk and Jaina are finally together and...and...*tries not to break down into tears* and they are going to live happily ever after!!! *fails*

it sure appears so :)

Actually, considering TJF's writing and the sequel, they'll probably live anything other than happily ever after, but as long as they're together it will be ok!!!

[face_devil] [face_mischief]

And Jaina will get to tell Tenel Ka about Jacen!

TK knows Jacen's dead, but i'm not relishing the post where jay hands over jacen's holo :(

**bittersweet tears** That poor girl...

poor girl, indeed :( :_|

Sanar is such a stubborn fruit! Why won't she just become friends with someone?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Kyp came to talk to her

with the way he keeps showing up, i'm beginning to believe that (in his guilt) he's assigned himself as her guardian angel :p

p.s. Happy Belated Thanksgiving!!!

you too :p

hey, speaking of which....does anyone watch "Everwood"? [face_laugh] i don't know whether to laugh or rant when the americans forget that things or different in canada...

ie: thanksgiving is in *october*, not the end of november, and no one is shopping for their christmas tree by then.
    -bush is the *american* president; he has very little to do with keeping the law in canada

*rolls eyes* anyway... 8-}

i'll probably post around noon JC time, since that seems to be when people show up again :)

~TJF

22. The_Jedi_Obi-Solo

The_Jedi_Obi-Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2003
  23. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    thanks Obi-Solo :)

okay, i'll do official thanks and acknowledgemetns later, but before i post the epilogue, i'd like to say a big THANK YOU to all my readers (lurkers and one-time posters alike), and especially Jade_Max. Even though she couldn't help me finish this story due to work/time constraints, she was there when I needed the help the most :) :p

so, without further ado...

Epilogue:

Things were blurry in Jaina-world - foggy and painful - but she forced her eyes open anyway. She had to see - had to make sure.

Her eyes skittered for a moment before her conscious mind realized what her unconscious needed. For a moment, she didn't see him.

For a moment, she panicked. Was it a dream? Oh, please, don't let it be a dream - it couldn't be a dream?

And then he was there, walking slowly back into the room with a mug of caf. His black hair was loose and messy; she revelled in the change. His face was haggard, but it wasn't flinty or impassive, so she felt her heart rise. She hadn't failed - her mother had been wrong.

Zekk?her Zekk?was right before her, alive and in control.

She tried to whisper his name, but her throat was arid, and only a dry cough came out.

His head snapped up at the sound, and she had the feeling that he had done so many times - hoping he had heard proof of her life, but crashing down into reality when he didn't. When he saw her watching him, his eyes widened and ten years dropped off of his face. "You're a awake," he whispered, as if expected her to cringe from the sound.

She rubbed her throat as her eyes watered. The thirst was getting worse. He picked it up. But, she thought, of course he did. Their bond was wide open, and even as weak as she was, she knew she would feel his every thought if she just reached out.

"Water - of course - sorry," he apologized. "Of course you'd be thirsty. Just a minute." He disappeared into what she assumed was a kitchenette, then came back with a large glass of water. She sat up (had it always taken so much energy to do that?) and accepted the glass with a "thanks", before downing the whole thing in a few, big gulps.

He took the glass back. "You're still tired, I suppose."

She couldn't deny it - someone could have been buried in the bags under her eyes. "Maybe a little."

He nodded and she wiggled down the bed, until she was once again on her back. Immediately, her eyes started to droop. He hesitated a moment, then kissed her on the cheek. "I'll see you in the morning," he said - whispering again.

She smiled as the darkness overwhelmed her.

In the morning?

Checkmate, Onyx.

and thus concludes "Return of the Jedi" :D/ :_|

-Trickster_Jaina_Fel

EDIT: just to destroy the official-type format i had here... :p

I will be putting a survey up either tonight or tomorrow, so please come back and check for that :)

24. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

She had to see - had to make sure.
    Her eyes skittered for a moment before her conscious mind realized what her unconscious needed. For a moment, she didn't see him.
    For a moment, she panicked. Was it a dream? Oh, please, don't let it be a dream - it couldn't be a dream...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww... [face_love] [face_love] Poor Jaina.... :( :D

And then he was there, walking slowly back into the room with a mug of caf. His black hair was loose and messy; she revelled in the change. His face was haggard, but it wasn't flinty or impassive, so she felt her heart rise.

:D Mrwowr....

She hadn't failed - her mother had been wrong.

Leia's always wrong. [face_plain]

Zekk - her Zekk - was right before her, alive and in control.

:eek: HER Zekkie??? I OBJECT!!! :_| MY Zekkie. :D

His head snapped up at the sound, and she had the feeling that he had done so many times - hoping he had heard proof of her life, but crashing down into reality when he didn't.

Poor Zekkie... :( That's got to be heartbreaking...

She sat up (had it always taken so much energy to do that?)

I know how you feel Jaina. [face_pained] My one main thing I was thankful for is t he fact that I can sit up right. A little over a year ago I got sick and was laid up on my back for seven months. It took me almost two months after getting over the pneumonia[sp??] to be able to sit up - I didn't even bother with walking till March. I had gotten sick in August. :( Life sucked... Thanksgiving last year really wasn't fun...

He hesitated a moment, then kissed her on the cheek. "I'll see you in the morning," he said - whispering again.

Kisses!! :D Wrong spot though Zekk... :p I think you need to work on your aim...

Checkmate, Onyx.

Haha! Take THAT you sick <censored>!! [face_love] I love you anyways though?

I LOVED IT TJF!! :_| LOVED IT!!!

HAPPY FIFTEENTH BIRTHDAY!!! :D

*hands her large gift*

*gift is a plaque stating that the office it is hung in is the personal property of The Supreme High Goddess of Everything There Has Ever Been and Ever Will Be*

:D

We love you!!

Now get to work on the sequel... Pretty pretty pretty please...

:D

25. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    WHOOOOOOOOO! 2800! (coincidence? i think not :p)

HER Zekkie??? I OBJECT!!! MY Zekkie

sorry Jaid, but i think jay's earned him in this duology ;) you can have NJO zekk...although i'm sure i placed some claim on him before you did :mad: ;)

A little over a year ago I got sick and was laid up on my back for seven months. It took me almost two months after getting over the pneumonia[sp??] to be able to sit up - I didn't even bother with walking till March. I had gotten sick in August. Life sucked... Thanksgiving last year really wasn't fun...

:eek: owch, no kidding!

Kisses!! Wrong spot though Zekk... I think you need to work on your aim...

[face_laugh] he does, doesn't he? but c'mon...jay just came back from the dead - they'll have time to catch up later [face_mischief] [face_love] :p

Haha! Take THAT you sick <censored>!! I love you anyways though?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

HAPPY FIFTEENTH BIRTHDAY!!!

thank you :D

*gift is a plaque stating that the office it is hung in is the personal property of The Supreme High Goddess of Everything There Has Ever Been and Ever Will Be*

We love you!!

[face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] aw...thank you Jaid :D *goes to look for a pin to pop her ego :p*

Now get to work on the sequel... Pretty pretty pretty please...

i've already started on it, and the prologue and chapter one are done. however, i think i'm going to finish D.A.D. before i post CitR...that way posts will be quicker ;)

~TJF