Revenge Of The Sith v.s. A New Hope

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Feelicks, Jan 15, 2013.

?

Revenge Of The Sith v.s. A New Hope

Revenge Of The Sith 8 vote(s) 42.1%
Star Wars/A New Hope 11 vote(s) 57.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feelicks Jedi Knight

star 1
    Do not get me wrong here, I absolutely love both films. Star Wars (or A New Hope, as you wish) is an unadulterated classic of film, and Revenge Of The Sith is my 3rd favorite film in the entire saga, and it's up there of being one of my favorite films of all-time. Despite ANH being a classic, there's many things that I prefer in ROTS, such as the story, the pacing, and it's strong points in writing. Both films have great music, but I honestly prefer ANH's score, due to iconic pieces such as the Main Theme, Battle Of Yavin, Mos Eisley Cantina, etc. So, what about you, do you ROTS, or A New Hope?
  2. Count Yubnub Jedi Knight

star 4
  3. The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master

star 4
    It's ironic, but ROTS is just more Star Warsy. Or it is at least more Star Wars as we have come to know it. Star Wars is essentially a story about good vs evil in the form of the Jedi/Republic against the Sith. ROTS is Jedi vs Sith on the grandest scale we have ever seen on-screen, and spans a variety of planets through out the galaxy. ANH is definitely on a smaller scale and is more of a generic space adventure than the essence of Star Wars, once again..ironically. Also I feel ANH kinda feels more like a chapter in the saga rather than a stand-alone film, whereas ROTS is strong enough to stand on it's own with the story that it tells...ironically.
  4. Poor Greedo Jedi Knight

star 2
    no question. A NEW HOPE. Superior since 1977.
  5. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
  6. The Kulvax Sisters Jedi Padawan

star 2
    Good question, this is really hard for me, but I think the ground-breaking Death Star battle in ANH, makes it the superior movie for me, it is iconic and always has you on the edge of your seat, I can't really think of a scene in RotS that I can still see today that gives me the same kind of atmosphere.
  7. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 10
  8. Sistros Jedi Master

star 6
    A New Hope

by a thousand
  9. Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight

star 4
  10. benknobi1 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.