main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Rian Johnson to write and direct Episode VIII (and also new SW Trilogy - see page 194)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Because I'm not using the reasons they fought. Ahsoka stated a small force fighting a losing battle doesn't count as a battle. Clearly that is wrong, regardless.

Crait is a small force entrenched, the fighting is occurring because they're stalling for time. They did the best they could with what they had. That's the gist of the battle. I think it's silly to tear apart the reasoning of the sequence. Especially considering how poorly edited it is. You can rag on Crait for a multitude of reasons. Not because it's a small force fighting a superior one. That's just being pedantic. That's literally Star Wars in a nutshell, and if you can't handle small forces fighting a superior force, you might want to re-think your fandom.

2. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I worry less about whether something qualifies under a technicality, and concentrate more on whether a scene is good.

TK327 and Martoto77 like this.
  3. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    https://www.list.co.uk/article/99724-rian-johnson-knew-people-wouldnt-like-star-wars-the-last-jedi/

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  4. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I guess the Battle of Yavin wasn’t actually a battle due to it being snub fighters against a Death Star. Who knew?

Martoto77 likes this.
  5. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    I thought they actually rewrote during shooting and shutting down for 2 weeks because of Ford gave them more rewriting time.

*get past that (journalists)

Interesting that Rian says that about the critics —there’s a 90% Tomatometer score, so it seemed most critics liked it to a certain degree.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  6. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Well to be fair 95% of people have been entirely reasonable and nice whether they like it or not. It’s just the 5% who absolutely lose their marbles and become disgusting.

7. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I heard work has already started on Rian's trilogy, so I guess that means Disney will fire him any day now.

Vialco and Krueger like this.
  8. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    And people complaining about RJ's TLJ would complain about "Disney" firing directors with (the proper) vision.

Ubraniff Zalkaz and Krueger like this.
  9. Lost_Hope

Lost_Hope Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 15, 2018
  10. KembaSkywalker

KembaSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 16, 2016
  11. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
  12. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I'm shocked at how positive and courteous Johnson remains towards Star Wars fans considering some of the truly disgusting things I've seen directed at him on Twitter. The man is a class act, through and through.

13. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Granted he blocked the ability to reply to his instagram account to cut back on the vitriol landing in his outbasket. I cannot stomach how much bile is spewed his way over what sounds like overgrown temper tantrums. It is truly embarrassing that these people are fans. So Kudos for Rian for remaining fairly accessible to the fandom despite some truly awful behavior directed at him.

14. yassir.khan

yassir.khan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2014
    I can’t wait to watch The Director and the Jedi. Anybody seen it yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Satipo likes this.
  15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    We have a thread about it.

16. yassir.khan

yassir.khan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2014
    Cheers matey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TCF-1138 likes this.
  17. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    It's good.

rorow1 and yassir.khan like this.
  18. Giando74

Giando74 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 24, 2014
    Oh my... almost 4 years later and i have to say you were sooooo right about it!

Glitterstimm and Darth Smurf like this.
  19. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Could Rian do a Trilogy of a live action Rebels & take the story up where the series ended ,

Therefore also add in the Rise of Snoke & the First Order cause anyone who knows how Rebels ended knows that story will take place after the Battle of Endor.......

20. Red Solo

Red Solo Jedi Knight

Jan 9, 2016
    I finally watched The Last Jedi and i enjoyed it.
    It was a bit corny at times and had very few iconic moments, but I have to say I liked it.
    i think I would have enjoyed it more if I had seen it in the theatre and had no clue as to the story beforehand.
    I am a big fan but just put off seeing it until it was out of theaters.
    Looking forward to Solo and IX.

21. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Welcome to the forums. Glad you enjoyed it. I did too.

There’s a thread here called the Sanctuary of dissenters where only people who despise the film to such a degree that some feel it ruined all of Star Wars and in some cases their very childhoods are allowed within it anything short of that, including countering any incorrect claims, rhetorical questions, or conspiracy theories can put you at risk of being banned. Doing anything in there beyond hate TLJ or bash with sarcasm is not allowed so if you like the movie and want to discusss it free from that kind of venting then every other thread but that one is fair game. It truly is a dark side cave and the warning is hard to get to on page 233 or wherever it is so I thought I’d save you some trouble.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  22. ImpreciseStormtrooper

ImpreciseStormtrooper Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    Now now, Ender. No need to chicken hawk the newbies :p

23. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
  24. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    No, it was clearly stated that the trilogy would not be connected to any story or character that already exist. Rebels clearly was around at that point ;)

25. Starkiller17

Starkiller17 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 6, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.