main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue Squadron- Escape From Fest (snow level w/AT-PT's): The bane of my existence

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The2ndQuest , May 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueRoyalGuard

RogueRoyalGuard Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2002
    That's the idea. There have been more pointless threads though. Maybe since Fest is no longer The Bane of the 2ndquests' existence jp-30 would let us turn this in to a y-wing discussion thread.

2. Master_Y-wing

Master_Y-wing Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Can someone tell me about how I can find out about that one time before the Battle of Yavin when Y-wings saved millions of lives by holding off TIE bombers?

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, I've given up on Sullust now- ironically, before I knew what to destroy on the capacitor, I could get to it almost every time I played the level. However, now that I know what to destroy on the capacitor, I can no longer reach it.

I used to be able to destroy the first two transmitters before getting shot down, now I can barely take down the first one without dying- it's like the game has made itself harder just to annoy me.

So, after two hours of frustration, I gave up and I took the DEADDACK route. The Thyferra level was fairly balanced, and the Dark Empire level was pretty damn cool- though I hate how the V-Wing handles. The Trench Run bonus level was fairly goofy but hard, and Hoth was good (grabbed a silver on that to bump my rank up to an Officer too- a nicenote to end with for the day I think).

But, yeah, while Fest may have been difficult in a solve-the-puzzle type way; Sullust was just damn hard- waaaay too many missle launchers on that level.

4. Lanky

Lanky Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    The launchers make life a pain. Therefore, remove the pain :D . Fly low (when I say low, I mean "If I go any lower I'll blow up" low) and take out all the missile launchers in the level. It should take about 5 minutes. Once that's done, there really isn't anything in the level that can stop you, unless you crash into the rotating station in the 2nd half of the mission (this can happen if you get too close to the columns).

Now my turn to ask a question: Does anyone know what the highest rank in the game is? I've haven't gotten all Golds, but I've been a Supreme Allied Commander for a while. Are there any higher ranks?

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah I tried flying low- but kept getting shot down..guess I gotta try lower [face_batting]

Plus the fact that the Y-Wing has s u c h - a - s l o w rate of laser fire makes it seem almost impossible to blow up anything with [face_batting]

(was such a relief to skip to the next level where, in my trusty X-Wing, could unleash some vented frustration on those damn launchers-hehe)

6. Lanky

Lanky Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Try the Naboo fighter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.