main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue Squadron!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Dark_Sith_Alf, Nov 10, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Maybe level 5? Or the one where they're on the bombing run? Did Wedge say it?

2. Dark_Sith_Alf

Dark_Sith_Alf Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2000
    Yes thats it. Kyle II and Wedge.

How about this quote?

"Whoa, commander you lost you must be getting a little rusty"

3. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    dack the race in beggar's canyon

4. Dark_Sith_Alf

Aug 30, 2000
    Keep in mind that quotes from when you fail a level can be used too. How about this quote?

"Skywalker where are you?! AHH!"

5. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Dunno, haven't played in months.

Maybe Madine when you fail covering him and his team, maybe what'shername imp defectress at some point

6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Is that Wedge in the Kile II level?

My turn:

"It's a beauty."

7. Jedi_Mirax

Jedi_Mirax Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2000
    Well, RS certainly sounds like an exciting game. Too bad I don't have it yet, though i saw it plenty of times in stores. I wonder if it is going to come out on PS2 . . .

Tell me, is RS easy to play? or is it really hard and you have to keep starting over. I have never played a piloting game before so i am not sure if it would be easy for me . . .

8. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    If you order BfN PC now, you get a free copy of RS3D with it.

9. Phoenix928

Phoenix928 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 2, 1999
    I can't even imagine what RS would be like on the N64. No flight stick? <Gasp> Unthinkable. Then again, I couldn't let go of my Gravis BlackHawk Digital when I was playing that game.

Wee.

Incidentally, getting all gold medals is HARD. I think I actually had the most difficulty on the Escape from Fest mission for some reason.

"Ah, Wedge... still so much to learn..." (Sorry, just had to say it.)

And lastly, to answer Mirax's question, RS is more one of those goofy action shooter games than a real "simulation". It's still fun, but if you're looking for a real hardcore sim game, this ain't it. It's not very complicated at all, but that doesn't mean it's easy. Expect to get beaten down hard a bunch of times if you're not familiar with these kinds of games.

10. Dark_Sith_Alf

Aug 30, 2000
    Yea, that quote was from when you fail to keep Madine safe on The Jade Moon level.
    If you are going to buy RS i reccomend you get the computer version and a joystick. Some levels are easy to beat with a gold medal on the computer with a joystick but nearly impossible on N64. So get the computer version if you are going to get the game.

Now someone else start saying the quotes.

11. Ganon

Ganon Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2001
    Does anybody have any tips for getting a Gold on Sullust? I've even played it with infinite lives code and I can only get a silver. Pretty sad I know. Also, are there any good ways to avoid those blasted missles that the Empire shoots? Thanks in advance for your help!

12. DeckOfficer

DeckOfficer Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2001
    Rogue Squadron is my favorite game, and I have almost every SW game ever made for the PC.

I have an Intel PIII/450, 128MB, Voodoo2 and it kicks the butt of any console game platform.

Reply here if you agree...

13. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    Rogue Squadron is good for the ground missions and XWA rocks for the space battles...now only if they could combine the two in a game. The graphics and the depth of a sim and the ease and great gameplay into one....that would be sweet.

14. darthmalt16

darthmalt16 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 2000
    DO actually I prefer a amd k-7 with voodo5 :p I wish rouge squadron had included some freeflight space battles and a multiplayer level. The assault on the iron fist inside the asteroid field would have been good.

15. Dark_Sith_Alf

Aug 30, 2000
    I must bring closure to a previous Rogue Squadron game quote by Bib Fortuna, Twi'lek.
    "It's a beauty" is from Battle Above Taloraan.
    I'm seconding Sithman. The person playing the gameplay footage fires nonstop. Very, very, trigger happy.

16. El_Emperador

El_Emperador Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2001
    Ok, here's another quote:

"You're the man who destroyed the Death Star.."

17. RebelOutlaw_Ace

RebelOutlaw_Ace Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 9, 2001
    Moff Seerdon on Chandrila (The quote)

Here's one:

"Well, the food was good, but the service was lousy."

-Reb

18. Dark_Sith_Alf

Aug 30, 2000
    Wedge Antilles after you rescue him from the hover train on "Rescue On Kessel"

Time for another one and I've only heard this once:

"Wedge, I don't think I can--AAAHHHH!!!!!!"

19. Dark_Sith_Alf

Aug 30, 2000
    Here's a fun thing to do. On "Prisons Of Kessel", shoot down Madine's shuttle with the Y-Wing's Ion cannon. Madine's shuttle goes tumbling out of control into the ground. It does the same thing for mostly all of the other shuttles in the game.

On Chandrilla your wingmates usually travel in groups of 4. Drop a bomb on one of them and the other 3 go down. I wiped out most of my squadron at Chandrilla.

20. GrandMoffTarkin

GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 2001
    In response to the guy who neded a gold on sullust, fly high and don't worry too much about other things, just go for the main targets and anything you happen to fly over.

21. Anakin_Skywalker

Anakin_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    I need help on a coulple of levels,

How do you use your ion canon with the xwing?

where is the at-at factory?

i can't beat the escape from fest level how do u do it?

please help!

Anakin_Skywalker

22. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    www.gamefaqs.com then search for rogue squadron and pick your platform and chose what you want.

23. Dark_Sith_Alf

Aug 30, 2000
    You use the X-Wing's Ion cannon the same way you use the Y-Wing's except to fire it you have to press the button that would normally be used to launch proton torpedos.
    About the AT-AT factory. After destroying the AT-ST factory, as you're leaving where the AT-ST factory was stay next to the right wall. Eventually the right wall will lead into another canyon where the AT-AT factory is. Don't run blindly around the corner as you turn into the canyon though. There is an AT-AT that will be coming at you.

24. Anakin_Skywalker

Anakin_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    Thanks!!

Anakin_Skywalker

25. Dark_Sith_Alf

Aug 30, 2000
    No one is answering the Rogue Squadron game quote so I will. The quote is Crix Madine on "Prisons of Kessel" and he says it right when there are only a few more hits until the shuttle is destroyed but after he says "We're taking heavy fire".

Rogue Squadron game quote:

"We've spotted an Imperial walker on approach to the capital building".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.