main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roseanna's Updates - UPDATED 2/2/06!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by starwarschick14, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Hi guys. Sorry I haven't been around for a while. My health has not been good to me unfortunately and I need to take a medical leave from school. Unfortunately this also means I can no longer serve as your CR.

EDIT: Removed melodramatic post. Thanks again to Jeff for helping me move. :)

I'm just going to use this thread for my updates. The best way to contact me if you need to reach me in a timely manner is email (rchickos@gmail.com). I'm always signed on AIM but not always at the computer, and messages left there get lost when my computer randomly restarts (it likes to do that for some reason). I'm also happy to give my phone number to anyone who wants to keep in touch that way. :)

2. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Another question resulting from a brief glimmer of hope on my end. If my dad and I were able to come up this weekend, can anyone help us on Sunday with moving stuff? Neither of us are well off physically right now so we would really need the help. Please let me know ASAP. Thanks. :)

3. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I wish I could help, but I'm pretty much tied here for the weekend. [face_plain]

Any idea on how we're going to decide on a new CR? If you're opening up nominations, I'd like to nominate DarthWormie for the post, if he'll accept.

4. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I'll start a thread about it Richie (thanks for your email btw, sorry I haven't replied), and I'll keep up with it as best as I can. The thread will be for nominations, and we'll go from there.

5. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    I'm so sorry to hear about your situation Rosie. My thought and prayers are with you for a full and speedy recovery.

I wish I could help you out this weekend, I really do. Unfortunately My wife starts her new work schedule this weekend and she's working all day Saturday and Sunday meaning I'm home alone with both kids. I would have asked my parents to watch them, but they've already left for a long weekend at their home on the Cape.

If somehow I'm able to find a way to help you out, I'll be in touch.

Please take care of yourself and when you can, let us know from time to time how you're doing.

6. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I'm really sorry to hear that you're leaving, but you have to do what best to take care of yourself. I wish that I could help, it would be a good way to finally meet you before you leave, but I'm going to be working a lot now that the holidays are over.

I hope that when you are feeling better you can make a road trip back to Beantown to visit.

7. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Roseanna I read this post over on Providence.

I am sorry to hear the bad news.
    I hope your health improves soon and you can return to school and graduate.

I hope when you are able to find some time keep everyone updated on your situation.

I wish I was able to help out with the move, but I am unable to at this time.

If there is anything else that may help out please don't hesitate to ask.

I can store some stuff in my basement if you need to.

I have a little bit of space for a few boxes perhaps.
    I am still loaded up on the movie posters from SuperMegaFest. :p

Come back soon. :)

8. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    I am sorry to hear about your health problems and I hope you feel better soon.

9. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Roseanna sorry to hear about what is going on with ya. I do wish you the best of luck and for a speedy recovery.

Take care kid and keep us informed.

Jorge

10. CyberFaust

CyberFaust Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    hei dudes i don't know where the new member thread is (i coulden't find it)so i'm posting here
    and my anouncment is CyberFaust has now joined this particular sw mini forum
    so HI..............

11. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Hi Cyberfaust! :) Welcome to our board.

As for everyone else - thanks for the well wishes. Sorry for my melodramatic post, I was really, really upset. It was too much pressure for me and I snapped. It annoys me just looking at it, so I think I'm going to go back and edit it...

Jeff ended up taking the day to help me on Sunday. Jeff, thank you so very much. Not just for the help but also the company. I'm glad I got to spend time with at least one friend before I left.

This weekend was crazy. In the 48 hours between Saturday morning and Monday morning, 24 were spent driving, 12 sleeping, and 12 moving. Not a whole lot of fun, but I'm so glad we were able to get it done. Now I have all my stuff in the same place for the first time in over two years. I think I've taken over some portion of every room in my house. :)

Speaking of stuff, there were some of you interested in the Princess Leia hologram exclusive action figures that I got in San Diego over the summer. I have 3 (2 with Star Cases, 1 without) and I left them with Jeff. If you're still interested just PM me and we'll figure things out from there.

Chris, I'm so so sorry those posters are still in your basement. I realized that on Sunday while we were moving everything. Do you have the box of t-shirts too? That's one thing I didn't find while I was moving and I thought I might have given it to you with everything else. Let me know. If those posters become a nuisance, also let me know, and I'll figure out some way to get them out of there. Feel free to use them for anything that benefits FanForce, whether it's for your group or others.

Ok, now for an actual health update. Yesterday I saw my new doctor here at home and I was finally diagnosed with fibromyalgia, which I have suspected for about a month now. It's a strange relief because it ties together all the seemingly random health problems I've been having for years now. At the same time it's certainly no fun but I couldn't be seeing a better doctor for it. MIT Medical utterly failed me this time around. It's sad because it was the complete opposite when it came to my hip problem - 3 doctors at home sucked, and just one x-ray by my MIT orthopedic was enough for him to suggest the surgical solution that changed my life.

A lot of people aren't familiar with fibro, so here's a good website for a general overview (scroll down a little past the conference information):

http://www.fmaware.org/fminfo/brochure.htm

Aside from the long list of symptoms, my doctor used the tender point examination shown on that page to diagnose me. Out of the 18 points, 17 hurt like hell. I was in pain for hours after that, but it was worth it. There are lots of treatment options to explore and I'm starting with 3: a new medication, a new health supplement, and physical therapy. I have my first physical therapy appointment tomorrow. I'm excited at the possibility of having some relatively pain-free days ahead of me. It would really be nice for this to be the end of medical problems, at least for a long while - this is plenty to deal with.

Something that my doctor will continue to monitor closely are the symptoms that overlap with those of MS. A lot of people that are eventually diagnosed with fibro are looked at for MS as well. That's a far scarier prospect so I'm not going to dwell on it.

Wow, long post. Sorry. But thanks to everyone again. I'll try to check in here as much as I can, but things are still busy right now since I'm still unpacking and trying to fit all my stuff into various places in my house. I'm also starting the job search tomorrow. The office that I'm going to for physical therapy is actually looking for high school or college students for part time employment - how convenient would that be? :)

12. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Glad to hear your move went alright Rosie. It's also good to know that a reason has finally been determined behind your bouts of illness. Here's hoping that these treatments they've started you on will lead to quick and long-lasting health. My best wishes are with you for a speedy recovery and please stay in touch with us all.

I'm going to drop Chris a PM and let him know if needs to, he can move the posters and anything else BR related into my basement or attic. I have plenty of storage room.

13. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    It's good news to hear that you have finally got an answer to the questions about your health! I'm sure that you'll be looking forward to getting back to a more comfortable lifestyle now that you can start a treatment program to restore your health.

24 hours driving :eek:?!? God bless you for being able to handle that. I get stir-crazy after a few hours in a car 8-}.

Anyway, good to hear everything went well. Just make sure you get your strength back up as high as possible before you come back to visit. I'm sure that there will be plenty of people excited to see you when you return and that alone might wipe you out again ;).

14. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Good to know that we finally know what's wrong with you, Rosie. Here's hoping your treatment goes well. And I hope you get that job w/ the PT. :D

15. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Glad to hear that you were able to make it back home safely Roseanna. I know how long of a drive that can be. It takes me 14 hrs to get to my moms house in Ohio which is 15 to 20 minutes away from the Indiana border in between Lima and Dayton. I remember driving that route with a moving van and a car attached to it. What fun that was. lol

I am also glad to hear that the doctors were able to find out what is going on with you. Even though I only met ya once I was concerned about your health just because I have had strange things happen to me health wise and it isn't fun.

Hopefully you get get that job that would be most convenient. I have always wanted to work in that field or be a personal trainer. So good luck to you.

Make sure to take care of yourself kid. Maybe if I ever get back to Cleveland or Columbus area we can meet up again. Not sure which area you will be at.

Jorge

16. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Hi guys! Sorry I haven't been around. Physical therapy has been so demanding, I haven't been keeping up with any message boards. I have 2 more sessions to go. No job yet - today is my birthday and I've been saying for weeks that all I want for my birthday is a job. So maybe it'll happen today. *crosses fingers*

I'll be back later today to catch up (and reply to Mike's email - sorry about that!). I hope everyone is doing well. :)

17. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Happy birthday Rosie! :D Hope you get lots of good stuff, including the job you want. Don't worry about the email too much. Whenever you have the time is fine.

Good luck with the rehab and keep the updates coming.

18. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Happy Birthday Roseanna!!! :D

19. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Happy b-day Rosie! Have a good one! :D

20. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Happy b-day Rosie. I hope you have a good one.

Good luck with the theraphy I hope for the best for you.

Take care

Jorge

21. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Happy Birthday Roseanna!!

Hope things will improve very soon. :)

22. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Happy birthday to my fellow birthday sharer.

23. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Happy Belated to the both of you :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.