main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver RotS Midnight at SilverCity Coquitlam - planning thread

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Sister_Sola, May 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    When: 9pm-ish on May 18th?
    Where: SilverCity Coquitlam
    Who: post here if you're going to this showing

I'll be in costume. Not sure which one yet. Any suggestions? I'm thinking Queen Amidala Return to Naboo or Leia Ceremonial. Leaning towards Amidala since this is a prequel after all.

Anyone else going in costume?

Anyone think we should get there earlier than 9pm to get a good spot?

I work till 5pm that day, so probably the soonest I can get home, get in costume and get out there (hmmm, Leia Ceremonial is sure easier to drive in - guess I just made up my mind!) would be about 8pm anyway. If anyone else can get there sooner and start a spot in line for our group, that would rawk.

2. _5_1_5_0_

_5_1_5_0_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    Damn I already got my tickets for Langley Colossus :( Oh well

Cheers
    Steven

3. omar_r786

omar_r786 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    I have no idea how bad the line up will be at Coquitlam-- didn't see either Ep. I or II there. But hopefully it shouldn't be that bad. I think I'm going to get there around 8:30ish... but I have a feeling people will start lining up a lot earlier.

4. dooku-ca-choo

dooku-ca-choo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2004
    I think I'm probably going to wait to see it when the line-ups die down; I didn't realize that we'd have to be there 3+ hours before showtime to get a decent seat. Plus Coquitlam is less convenient, I would have preferred downtown or Metrotown myself.

5. MASTER_OBI-DAN

MASTER_OBI-DAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Hi, all! :D

I bought my tickets yesterday. I totally can't wait!

I vote for the Padme costume, Cassandra. ;)

In regards to a time, they probably won't let us into the theatre until about 10:30 or so. And there will probably be a line-up beforehand, so 9:00 sounds good to me.

6. Sister_Sola

Nov 19, 2002
    Cool!

Okay I'll just get there as soon as I can and get in line.

I called the SC Coquitlam office and they're not too excited one way or the other if people show up in costume. They're not doing anything special for the midnight premiere - just playing the movie.

Geez I'll say it again: Vancouver can be so lame sometimes! But then again, maybe it's LFL's fault - since the LotR Trilogy Tuesday there was pretty good, with free stuff from New Line etc.

The theatre holds 450.

7. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma

Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2002
    Is the Silvercity in Coquitlam at the schoolhouse street or something??

if it is.. ill see you guys there..

PM me for my cel number of you're going there. maybe we could hook up...

8. Sister_Sola

Nov 19, 2002
    Yay! Sent you an email.

9. TheDave

TheDave Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2004
    Do they still have midnight screening tickets for opening night? I went for episode II and I want to go to opening night in coquitlam silvercity again for episode III.

10. Sister_Sola

Nov 19, 2002
    Hey theDave, go to www.movietickets.com and enter the city to get advance tickets.

Try this link, it might take you right to it:

movietickets.com

11. Jaden

Jaden Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2001
    Well, as I stated in a previous thread, I'll be there with 20 of my closest friends. ;)

If all works according to plan, I'll be dressed in a Jedi robe. As to when I'll be arriving, around noon is the time I'm looking at, planning to make a day affair of it. I'll be bringing Star Wars versions of Monopoly, Life, Trivial Pursuit, Chess, and any other games that I can get my hands on.

A few trips to the closest 7-11 to get Darth Vader slurpee cups, and we'll be all set.

Hope to see you all there!

12. _5_1_5_0_

_5_1_5_0_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    Youre lining up at noon?????? :D I member when I saw AotC at Collosus (however you spell it) in Langley at 1201... it wasnt packed at all... we got there at 1130 and go sweet seats... but I guess Coquitlam will be a bit busier since its kinda in the middle of everything sort of speak...

Have a good time!

13. TheDave

TheDave Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2004
    heh, I'm hoping I can get tickets soon. My mom's got the credit card and she comes home tomorrow, so I hope I'm not too late, although I just might be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.