main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars RPF Lightsaber Combat thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarthKakarot, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adirondackjedi27

Adirondackjedi27 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2013
    IC: Corvus
    Location: New-Moriband - Dark Knight Temple - Training Grounds

Corvus gripped his lightsaber, he stared at the master and smirked "How else will i learn. Sure I'll have my butt handed to me but after fifty or so times I'll start to learn what NOT to do." The Zabrak studied the master, his stance, how he held the lightsaber. He looked around wondering if any other were getting schooled. He decided to press the first attack. He pressed off his right foot and began to attack, going in with a lateral cut to the shoulder, knowing it would be blocked but he would go with a different attack. As he continued to press the attack he began to circle, going in for a few different attacks, attacking the legs, the head.

TAG: dragonsith13

2. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    IC: Edo Vilsa
    Hearing Bastilius call out the extinction of the Jedi was quite a blow, and it made Edo slowly turn her head. He's just saying that to Arkayd. It cannot be true.
    "There are no more sith, either."
    Really? Bastilius, we'll have to compare notes, Edo thought with confusion.
    Edo was now close enough to Arkayd to touch him. However, she was at a loss for what to do now, when Arkayd had implied that there was no way he would give up to Jedi. Since the Jedi way was against killing, she was at an impasse with herself until he said, "Wrong again, coward."
    She quickly reached out to the force, nullifying her earlier efforts for stealth, and physically pushed Arkayd's ankle forward, hopefully putting him off balance while she force-pushed his other foot to the side. Both small things, but they were giving everything she had, and Bastilius would find a way to defeat Arkayd.
    Tag: greyjedi125
    OoC: So sorry for the delay. I regret that I couldn't think of much.

Sarge and greyjedi125 like this.
  3. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Bastilus Onasi
    Jedi Ruins

Arkayd had not noticed Edo. In fact, it would seem he had forgotten all about her, if even for a moment- but better yet, she had done something unexpected and simply beat him to the punch, taking the initiative to act a millisecond before his sinister plan could be put into effect.

There was no real way to know, but the look of surprise etched upon his face was genuine.

The darksider fell, pitching forward- off balance and straight into Bastilus’s outstretched arms.

“I’m truly sorry…” The old jedi whispered. His words were barely audible. Sorrow and regret were apparent upon his countenance as he grabbed hold of the falling darksider. Immediately, Bastilus held fast and firmly of Arkayd’s torso and placed his other hand firmly atop the crown of the darksider’s head. A blinding flash of light burst from him as contact was made, and for a moment, both men seemed frozen in place.

Then Arkayd started screaming.

It would be hard to tell what was happening, but Edo would come to feel it after a moment. Arkayd’s force presence was diminishing. Not his living presence, but his force potency.

The darksider began to thrash, but found it increasingly difficult as his connection and power quickly ebbed. That, and the old jedi was using his power to restrain him. Cruel Jedi. Arkayd’s despair, however, increased exponentially.

The blind Miraluka could see it with her vision, the diminishing connection to the force. Anyone within earshot would think someone was being slaughtered. The darksider’s eyes finally saw the blind woman, and as he screamed in futile protest, he also struggled to reach out a hand to her unseeing form, pleading for her assistance, to stop a horror more terrible than death itself.

His legs kicked out spasmodically, raising dust and dirt into the air.

Tag: BookExogorth

BookExogorth likes this.
  4. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Nothing to see here. Board hiccup. Double post.

dragonsith13 and BookExogorth like this.
  5. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    When Edo knew Bastilius had defeated the dark Jedi once and for all, she relaxed, beginning the long process of self healing...
    She sensed the unspeakable pain. Worse than death. Loss of the force. This must be the dark side.
    With a look of horror on her face, she turned and saw Arkayd simply fading. But this was not the peaceful fade of a death, or even the snatch of one killed, this was someone forcing the force away, like skinning an animal alive.
    And Bastilius was inflicting it.
    Covering her face with her hands, she yelled, "How can you, jedi? How?"
    Tag: greyjedi125

greyjedi125 likes this.
  6. nihilistic_nihilus

nihilistic_nihilus Jedi Padawan star 1

May 28, 2017
    Darth Nocturne

Darth Nocturne steps off of his TIE Reaper Advanced 'The Screaming Eagle' and inhales the humid air. The smell of death and decay fills his nostrils as he steps onto the marshy battlegrounds of the once home of the Bando Gora. He then walks among the tombs and studies the crypts of the dead from a war long ago.

Suddenly, he feels a disturbance in the Force. Darth Nocturne's HK Protocol droid peers his head out of the ship and comments in a monotone, cold voice, "Master, there is a ship approaching the surface. We're not alone here..." Nocturne looks back to his protocol droid and replies, "Get back inside the ship and scan for anymore anomalies...". Darth Nocturne then turns his head to the sky and notices an old Separatist bomber landing a few clicks from his own ship. He sneers, "Well, well...it looks like I am not alone. Grievance Vex...a sight for sore eyes..."

He makes his way past the remains of the dead and makes it to the bomber's landing spot near a large tomb and yells, "Grievance, you're not supposed to be here! Leave...immediately...this is a place of rest and death...not of discord." Nocturne wastes no time in reaching for his two curved hilt lightsabers that join in the middle to form a double bladed saber. "You have one chance to get in that blasted pile of scrap you call a ship before you are forced to leave..."

TAG: Kaleesh-Cyborg

7. nihilistic_nihilus

May 28, 2017
    Darth Nocturne

Darth Nocturne steps off of his TIE Reaper Advanced 'The Screaming Eagle' and inhales the humid air. The smell of death and decay fills his nostrils as he steps onto the marshy battlegrounds of the once home of the Bando Gora. He then walks among the tombs and studies the crypts of the dead from a war long ago.

Suddenly, he feels a disturbance in the Force. Darth Nocturne's HK Protocol droid peers his head out of the ship and comments in a monotone, cold voice, "Master, there is a ship approaching the surface. We're not alone here..." Nocturne looks back to his protocol droid and replies, "Get back inside the ship and scan for anymore anomalies...". Darth Nocturne then turns his head to the sky and notices an old Separatist bomber landing a few clicks from his own ship. He sneers, "Well, well...it looks like I am not alone. Grievance Vex...a sight for sore eyes..."

He makes his way past the remains of the dead and makes it to the bomber's landing spot near a large tomb and yells, "Grievance, you're not supposed to be here! Leave...immediately...this is a place of rest and death...not of discord." Nocturne wastes no time in reaching for his two curved hilt lightsabers that join in the middle to form a double bladed saber. "You have one chance to get in that blasted pile of scrap you call a ship before you are forced to leave..."

TAG: Kaleesh-Cyborg

8. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance Vexx
    Moon of Bogden

Grievance has had just about enough of his fellow Sith harassing him. Were it not for the fact that each duel sharpens his skill a little more, it is pointless to him to engage in battles with them. Nocturne had challenged him, but rather than respond immediately to his challenge, he has purposely waited.

Now as the Coup de Grâce comes out of hyperspace and hovers over Kohlma, the cyborg chuckles darkly. He hates the Force with a passion, but he recognizes his challenger's signature here and he knows that now is as good a time as any to strike. His Belbullab-22 starfighter touches down and the blast door opens, revealing a spitting image of General Grievous standing just above the ramp, armored Kaleesh cloak billowing and hands clasped behind his back.

"Greetings, Darth Nocturne," he states cordially, moving at a casual stride down the ramp, his talons clanking against the durasteel surface, "Did you not challenge me to a show of arms, priest? Last I checked, it is very rude to keep an opponent waiting. I refrained from immediate response due to the fact that I was occupied with...other things."

OOC- Ooh. You've been Darth Plagueis'd.
    Tag: nihilistic_nihilus

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  9. nihilistic_nihilus

May 28, 2017
    Darth Nocturne
    Kohlma/Moon of Bogden

Nocturne narrows his eyes at Grievance and looks him dead into his serpentine eyes, "You were a fool to accept my challenge here, Vex", he scoffs, "Do you not know that this place is the catalyst of my power? Hence the reason I came to meditate. You shall regret coming here dearly". Nocturne makes his first move by picking up a concrete sarcophagus using the Force and throws it in Grievance's direction. He then draws his lightsabers and makes them into a double blade. Nocturne grins and snidely says, "You don't even use the Force...and your reasons aren't for pride or honor...they are of cowardice and fear".

Nocturne knows that Grievance will break out his quad wielding arms any second, so he braced himself for a flurry of disorienting lightsaber strikes. He then says to Grievance, "Come now, Vex...make your move...unless you're afraid...afraid to be faced with true power and knowledge of the Dark Side".

10. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance Vexx
    Moon of Bogden

The Kaleesh cyborg continues his casual exit from his ship, unfazed by Nocturne's threats of power. He is no stranger to facing and withstanding assaults through the Force. It does not frighten him in the least. He only despises it.

"I try to live a life of no regret," he replies, flicking the clasp on his cloak and shedding it with a shrug of his broad shoulders as he selects two of his father's lightsabers from his hip armor, "I do not plan to deviate from that goal."

He deftly springs to one side as Nocturne used the force to launch the sarcophagus at him. He has become fairly good at evading such attacks lately. Upon landing, he ignites his weapons, squaring up his shoulders with a low growl rumbling in his chest as he begins a slow circle around his opponent.

"I do not fear the Force," he counters, calm but angry nonetheless, "I simply have no need of it. I prefer to live by the sword and thus die by the sword."

Contrary to what Nocturne is expecting from Grievance, the cyborg is patient and calculating; certainly not the type to strike first. He makes no move to quad-wield, confident and content to handle only two weapons for the time being. Rather than strike as his opponent is goading him to do, he simply continues to calmly circle like a prowling predator, sizing up the one who has so brazenly challenged him.

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  11. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Bastilus Onasi
    Jedi Ruins

“How can you, Jedi? How?”

Bastilus could hear the painful accusation in her voice. He did not answer right away, for he feared she might be right about the thing he had done. So he focused on that which was in front of him.

The young darksider had ceased his thrashing and was now under induced sleep. Bastilus released his hold on him and set him gently upon the floor.

The old jedi released a long sigh and wiped tears of regret from his own eyes.

How could he make Edo understand? In a flash, he’d seen how Arkayd struck her down with deadly swiftness. The darksider was biding his time and had been aware of the miraluka female’s proximity. Bastilus would feel responsible for her passing, for he had allowed the dark youth to recover, instead of pressing his attack.

In that instant, a different choice was made. Bastilus opted to use his greatest and most terrible force technique. Arkayd’s connection to the darkside was consuming the youth beyond the point of redemption. He would have murdered Edo and felt completely justified- so removed he was from reality. Best to ‘remove’ that connection.

Doing so however, was no easy task. Bastilus felt everything Arkayd felt. His wounding pain, his deep loneliness, his blistering anger, his demoralizing shame, his haunting despair, his undying resentment. It took everything the old jedi had within him to withstand the torrential onslaught of darkness he was subjected to.
    Both guilt and doubt had nearly broken through.

Now he was tired and drained.

“He is asleep for now.” Bastilus informed, finally turning to face Edo after marshaling sufficient courage to do so.

“Perhaps now he will learn to appreciate life - in due time. Make different and better choices along the way. Perhaps in the fullness of time, he might again touch…”

Bastilus trailed off. Was that last bit wishful thinking on his part?

For a moment, the old jedi looked at his hands. They trembled slightly, but he was sure that it would pass.

“Come, we must attend to your wounds and quit this place.”

The old jedi moved to the miraluka’s side in order to aid her. He paused for a moment and looked over his shoulder.

“He won’t be able to track us any more.”

*sigh*

“Let us be on our way.”

Though it was unspoken, the irony of what had transpired upon the Jedi Ruins was not lost to him.

Tag: BookExogorth ( if necessary )

( I finally got a chance to post! )

BookExogorth likes this.
  12. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    As Bastilus faces her, Edo's face is set in a line. She looks back at the body of Arkayd - or where she thought she saw it.
    She mulls over all that he says, and all that he has said.
    "There is always hope," he had said. "A light shines, even in the darkest places. We must never lose sight of that."
    After turning to again face Bastilus, she accepts his help thankfully. She stops to pick up her saber, but hesitates.
    She picks it up and continues to accept Bastilus' help.
    Tag: @greyjedi125

The Vanguard and greyjedi125 like this.
  13. nihilistic_nihilus

May 28, 2017
    Darth Nocturne
    Kohlma: Burial Moon of Bogden

Nocturne scoffs unimpressed by the speed of Grievance's dodge. He then ignites his own dual bladed, curved hilt staff saber and waves it in a nonchant pseudo attack manner. He then fakes a swing at Grievance's head then swings his second blade at the cyborg's legs hoping to slice them off like the Tattooine suns through reek butter.

"I am not amused by such large talk coming from such an ignorant mind...the Force is my weapon. Your technological trinkets and limbs do not scare nor intimidate me, Vex. You're just a shell of a would-be man trapped in a husk of body in hopes of following in your father's failed footsteps."

Nocturne cracks a mischievous grin all while making these remarks towards Grievance's unfortunate fate of becoming a cyborg, and by insulting his lineage. He then uses Force lightning on his saber to attempt to give the tenacious cyborg a nasty surprise.

Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg likes this.
  14. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Grievance Vexx
    Moon of Bogden

A low growl rumbles in the cyborg's chest as he listens to Nocturne make calculated efforts to provoke him to rage. He has endured this before from many who seem to glory in trying to break his focus and control as a warrior. Nocturne will learn soon enough that he will have to do better than that.

"Hold your tongue before I cut it from your ignorant mouth," he spits, raising his right blade to block the upper strike and lowering his left to block the blow to his legs, "You would do well to refrain from speaking of things you know nothing about. Do not judge something until you know what is inside it, priest."

His head ringing with the sense that some form of the Force is about to be utilized again, Grievance trades one of his father's sabers for one of his own design. Swiftly igniting the dual-bladed weapon shaped like a Y and constructed of karabbac bone, he strikes it against the ground, causing the forked blades to vibrate, then he uses it to block and repel the Force lighting, throwing it back at Nocturne.

"This is not my first rodeo, Darth Nocturne," he rumbles in a warning tone, "Force or no Force, I will give you a grand run for your credits."

15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Peregrine Bonaventure, Knight of the Guardians of Light, aka Sarge
    Forested Area Near the Temple Training Grounds

My Padawan Skyla Skywalker and I quietly walked among the trees, communing with the life of the forest. Occasional bird chirps and insect hums were the only disturbances to the early evening calm. I breathed deeply, savoring the fresh clean scent of woods and life. This was a good place.

"Let's begin here, Skyla. The trees are far enough apart that we can move around them easily, but big enough and close enough that we can use them for cover, or duck around them. We should respect them and be careful not to harm them with our blades, of course. That's part of our service to the Force; life creates the Force and makes it grow, so we do our best to preserve life."

I activated my lightsaber and my new madu, sweeping them up in a formal salute to indicate to my Padawan that I was ready for the sparring match to begin, then deactivated my saber. "I'm just going to concentrate on defensive moves with my left hand for a while. You concentrate on the feel of how your new saber reacts when it is parried by another weapon. As usual, we'll start slow, concentrate on form and technique, not speed. When form and technique are mastered, speed will follow. Understood? Any other questions? You may begin when you are ready."

[​IMG]

Skyla Skywalker likes this.
  16. Skyla Skywalker

Skyla Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2017
    IC-Skyla Skywalker
    Forested Area Near the Temple Training Grounds

"I'm ready." I say as I reach for my new lightsaber. I press the switch and activate it. I close my eyes for a moment. I open them again and take a quick step forward. I swing my lightsaber towards my masters right shoulder.

OoC: I was gone WAY longer than I expected to be.

Sarge and The Vanguard like this.
  17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Sarge
    Forest

I pivoted slightly to my right as I swung my left hand over to cover my opposite shoulder, twisting my wrist to catch her saber blade with the upper blade of my madu. The crack-buzz of blades in contact stilled the forest sounds around us.

"Very good, I often struck toward the right side of my opponent when he had a shield on his left arm. That's definitely a more awkward block for me. If I block with my shield, it's in the way if I try to launch a counterattack with my right hand weapon, and if I parry with my right hand weapon, then all I can use for my counterattack is my shield, which is not as effective offensively as a saber. But why am I telling you that? That's exactly what you had planned, isn't it, Padawan Skyla Skywalker?"

Skyla Skywalker and The Vanguard like this.
  18. Skyla Skywalker

Apr 17, 2017
    "Yep. That's definitely what I had planned." I say sarcastically. I lift my blade up again and sweep it quickly towards his head. I swing it faster and stronger this time.

EDIT: I found out that this sent twice, and I don't know how to delete one. Sorry!

19. Skyla Skywalker

Apr 17, 2017
    "Yep. That's definitely what I had planned." I say sarcastically. I lift my blade up again and sweep it quickly towards his head. I swing it faster and stronger this time.

20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Forest

I stepped quickly to my right as my left hand swept into a circular motion, up to intercept Skyla's blade, left to move it clear of my body, then down toward the ground. Dropping down on my left knee, I pressed my madu to the ground, trapping Skyla's blade in the angle between the madu's shield and lower blade and the dirt. The blades hummed and crackled in opposition.

"How is that new saber feeling? Any excess heat or vibration?"

I pressed harder and the buzzing rose in pitch and volume as sparks flew from the dirt.

"And now? Can you feel any stress on the crystal? Any sense that it might crack under the strain?"

OOC: Don't forget to tag me in your posts, Skyla Skywalker

21. Skyla Skywalker

Apr 17, 2017
    IC:Skyla Skywalker
    Forest

"It feels fine. I can feel a little bit more vibration and heat, but it isn't a problem." I say as my Master pushes it down. As he pushes it down harder, I start to feel a little bit of stress. "I can feel the stress now. It doesn't feel like it could break though."

Sarge

Sarge likes this.
  22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Forest

"Good job building your saber. You have more confidence in it now? Trust it enough to pick up the pace a little?"

I leaped upward from my kneeling position, punching toward my padawan's chin with the blunt face of the madu.

Skyla Skywalker

23. Skyla Skywalker

Apr 17, 2017
    Forest

I lift my saber up just in time to block the blow. I jump back and slice my saber forward towards my masters chin.

Sarge

24. Skyla Skywalker

Apr 17, 2017
    Forest

I lift my saber up just in time to block the blow. I jump back and slice my saber forward towards my masters chin.

Sarge

EDIT: I don't know why my posts keep posting twice, but it's not my fault. Sorry again! :confused:

25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    OOC: Skyla Skywalker, yeah, ever since the last update to the board's software, we've all gotten a lot of double posts. Usually it looks like it didn't post so we hit post again and then it's a double. We know you're not trying to spam the boards or run up your post count, so don't worry about it. Just be aware that sometimes it can take a long time to go through, especially in extra long threads like this one (which has over 8000 posts!).

Forest

As Skyla leaped back and fired off a quick cut toward my face, I brushed it aside with the madu, simultaneously reactivating my own saber and throwing a quick flurry of blows at her from both sides, trying to push her backwards toward some exposed tree roots.

"I like the way you throw a shot at me even as you're retreating; that's a good way to keep your opponent at a distance and slow him down. Don't give him a chance to think and plan, keep him busy and distracted so he can't make a good attack against you."

I continued to talk to my Padawan as my weapons made rapid cuts toward her, doing my best to keep her attention on what I was doing and saying, wondering if she had enough awareness of her surroundings to defend herself from me, pay attention to what I was saying, and sense the possibility of her heels stumbling over the tree roots that I was trying to maneuver her into backwards.

The Vanguard likes this.
  26. Skyla Skywalker

Apr 17, 2017
    IC-Skyla Skywalker
    Forest

I continue blocking the cuts as my Master talks to me. I am so focused on blocking the cuts, that I almost trip on some roots behind me. I glance back, as the roots had broken my focus. When I glance back, Sarge lands one hit on my shoulder. I deactivate my weapon.

"It's not that bad."

OoC- Ok, I thought it was Tapatalk that was making it happen. At least it's not just me.

Sarge likes this.
  27. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    OOC: Seemed to work right that time. No, it's definitely not just you.

Forest

I saw her attention flicker toward her feet as the tree root caught her heels. That kind of distraction can get a duelist killed, so I lightly grazed her shoulder with my blade, just enough of a sting to get her attention. When she powered down her saber, I deactivated my own weapons.

"Take a moment to let the pain flow through you and out of you, Padawan. Remember the lesson, but don't cling to the hurt."

I took a moment to take my own advice; I had dropped my full weight onto a pebble under my left knee a few moments earlier. A deep cleansing breath, an acceptance of the message from the abused nerve endings, and I pushed the pain to the back of my mind. I reached out to sense if Skyla Skywalker had succeeded in controlling her own hurt.

"Sorry about that little booboo, but it's important to learn the lesson that distraction can get you killed. My first swordmaster used to leave me with bruises on bruises, and eventually I learned to defend myself. You're a faster learner than I am, so I don't feel I have to resort to that technique as often as he did. So, lesson learned, and no hard feelings?"

Skyla Skywalker likes this.
  28. Skyla Skywalker

Apr 17, 2017
    IC-Skyla Skywalker
    Forest

"Lesson definitely learned. I'll keep my focus better next time. It's alright, it'll get better soon."

I take a step back, and activate my weapon again, indicating that I was ready to fight again.

Sarge

The Vanguard and Sarge like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.