main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC RPG Discussion Thread v2.0

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by NaboosPrincess, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    Oh hi there, I here just to shamelessly promote my new RP Rise of the Rebellion. Tired of fighting driods and Super Sith? Try it out.

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    What a coincidence! I just happen to be tired of fighting droids and super Sith! Sign me up!

... Wait...

3. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    join the rebellion [face_dancing]
    wait a minute I already joined! [face_laugh]

4. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    You really don't need much. I make it understandable for people who don't necessarily know Naruto. Sounds like you are ahead of alot of people if you know that much.

5. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    Really, you're not missing much.

Naruto and Sakura decide to go after Sasuke. They are joined by a ninja named Sai, who is apparently some sort of ninja's ninja that ninjas other ninjas. He's like emotionally stunted or something, and doesn't talk to people, but he's been secretly sent by the council of ominous old guys on a SECRET MISSION! DUN DUN DUN! They're also joined by a jounin named Yammato who's got plenty of wood. And perhaps the most dead eyes known to ninja kind.

Anyways, Team Ninja decides to try to get information from Kabuto, but Oorochimaru shows up and Sai goes wandering off as Sakura reclaims her position as "most useless ninja" by getting KO'd. Naruto flips out, releases four tails and goes all fox demon. This is sort of a bad thing, because apparently it's damaging and healing him really quickly and that's not conclusive to long-term ninja health. It's about this point where Kishimoto realizes that there aren't enough DBZ comparisons, so fox demon gets its own fox demon Kamehameha, which is so powerful that it manages to blow up everything except Oorochimaru. The two battle, and Oorochimaru decides that it would probably be a better idea to snake out and leave Yammato and Sakura to deal with the demon midget. There are lots of tears about how Naruto is going through so much to save a guy who he's been friendly with for all of ten panels in this series, and Yammato manages to reverse the transformation, because he's part first-hokage and the Naruto's necklace apparently has some sort of ninja magic property.

Sai shows up at Orochimaru's hideout wanting to be friends, and we get to see silhouettes of Sasuke acting all powerful and mysterious. Team Naruto shows up and predictably gets mad at Sai, then captures him. Kabuto shows up, frees Sai, then Sai captures him because emotionless ninja does not understand this thing called "friendship" and wants to learn by watching Naruto, since he never could form a relationship with his brother. They go raid the hideout, and it turns out that Sai's secret mission was to KILL SASUKE! DUN DUN DUN! Except he doesn't really want to now that he knows the Power of Friendship and all. Sasuke disapproves, and decides to prove that he's still a worthless character by fighting them all and winning. He's apparently been raiding Orochimaru's wardrobe, is also carrying a sword, and... oh yeah, apparently the Uchiha eyehacks can be used to control the tailed beasts. Orochimaru shows up again, and Team Snake go poof off, leaving Naruto to angst about how useless he is.

So apparently, it's time for a training arc. Estimated time to power up: fifteen years. Oh wait, apparently any information learned by a clone is transferred back to the original ninja. Naruto spams a thousand clones to learn new ninja tricks in a thousandth of the time. Meanwhile, two new Akatsuki members show up and demonstrate their power by bagging the two-tails. They then demonstrate their power by wiping out a bunch of elite ninja we've never heard of, but apparently one of them was friends with Asuma. Asuma, Shikamaru, and those worthless ninja from the training exams form a tag team to go attempt to bag the new guys. Except... surprise! They're immortal! Asuma is killed by ninja voodoo. Shikamaru takes up smoking in memory.

Kakashi gets out of the hospital, then goes and joins the leaderless Team Asuma to go get revenge on the immortal ninjas. Ninja gimmicks ensue. Shikamaru leads the voodoo ninja who killed Asuma off into the woods, and winds up burying him alive, while Kakashi and the other ninjas are bailed out by the arrival of Yammato and Naruto. Naruto's new technique? Rasengan, but it's got wind element in it, making it a wind shuriken. He then runs up and punches the other ninja with it, disintegrating him (though Kakashi finishes the ninja off). Like all techniques with anything resembling utility, Naruto finds out that this technique damages him and thus SHOULD NEVER BE USED! DUN DUN DUN!

Back at the headquarters of team Sasuke, apparently Orochima

6. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Hilarious summary, and yeah, apparently not. Actually I think I got up to the really DBZ-esque part and that's when I quit the series, since there was no way I was going to read Dragon Ball all over again...

I might get a CS to you sometime this weekend, J_TGLOO.

7. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Interesting LW. For someone so against Naruto, you have quite alot of knowledge of what's going on. Sounds like a closet case to me.:p

Hope to see you in the game, darthramza.:)

8. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    Well seeing as this is a discussion thread I had an idea for an RPG. It is in the very beginning stages of development. I realize this idea has probably been attempted before but thought there was no harm in throwing out an idea.

The basics of the plot are that it is the future on earth, there is an evil emperor, and their is only one who can save them from the evil rule of the emperor.

9. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    So... Star Wars on Earth...? :p

On a totally unrelated note, my first ever attempt at an RP is up for your attacking pleasure in the Game Designer's Guild.

10. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    Well I guess it is close to the mark that is based partially on star wars, it has elements of the end times predictions, and lord of the rings just to name a few.

11. Darth_McCain

Darth_McCain Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 14, 2008
    Hello everyone. So my friends and I are currently rolling our characters for a live session and were wondering about the chiss and using one as a playable character what kind of bonus/adjustments would be given to said character. We have the languages and physical description down just nothing else. If anyone could help out with it it would be much appreciated.

12. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Darth McCain, I would suggest asking your question over in the Games: RPG and Miniatures board. They're probably the most well suited to answering questions related to both the d6 and d20 Star Wars games.

Also, just like to get the word out that my first ever RP, Gathering Darkness: A Justice League AU RP. I'll be accepting character sheets until January First, so please apply! The link is in my signature.[face_peace]

13. Darth_McCain

Darth_McCain Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 14, 2008
    Thanks alot darthramza and i will keep that in mind.

14. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    I've done some thinking on my original idea that posted here on the 17 of December. My ides is now more complicated then before. I was thinking it should be set in the Star Gate universe and instead of the bad guy wanting to take over earth he wants to take over a good portion of the milky way galaxy. This idea is so original your saying. Wait there is more, There is also a search for the book of the ancients. If you have ever watched the original series, you would know who the ancients are. If not I will give a brief synopsis they were the ones that settled among the human race and actually buil;d the Star Gate network, among other things. They wrote a book about a savage time in earth history that is not recorded among the artifacts of earth because of its brutal nature. Long story short, it is called the book of ancients, in it are secrets and power beyond imagination. Of course their is more to the story, but I was wondering how many people would actually be interested in such an endeavor.

15. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003

Our life is an apprenticeship to the truth that around every circle another can be drawn; that there is no end in nature, but every end is a beginning, and under every deep a lower deep opens.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ten thousand years after the Battle of Yavin.

The final galactic war is over.

Welcome to the end times.

Millions of Voices

Coming soon!

16. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Interesting.

17. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Winged Jedi got my attention with that one. Was Lurking Lea Monde for some time.

And I had an idea. What about an trailer-thread? Were GMs can foreshadow their games? Could generate some interest. [face_thinking]

18. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    GMs usually tend to make 'hype' posts in either this thread or the Introduction service thread (depending on whether their game is upcoming or already out), but perhaps a thread dedicated exclusively to such trailers would be quite a good idea...hmmm...

19. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    You have a knack for creating the perfect teasers, Winged.

20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'd support that very strongly. The RPR needs to be utilised more.

I'll also be handing a CS to you for Million Voices, methinks. ;)

21. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    So, lots of people think it´s a good idea. Let´s try.

*looks confused* Well, how do we do this around here? Can someone just create the thread, or do we ask the Mods for it?

I have one. A teaser, I mean.

22. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I think a teaser thread could be great, so whoever has to make that should be contacted.

23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Mods will catch up, no doubt.

24. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003
    I think we should PM one of the Mods first in case there are any concerns or problems they might have that we haven't spotted.

And before we create the thread, we should probably define exactly what we want from it. Is it purely for 'trailers', or will comments/discussion be allowed? I'm leaning towards the former myself. Discussion thread for discussion, Introduction thread for introductions, trailer thread for trailers.

Sorry to anybody excited for Millions of Voices, it'll probably come one day, but (as often happens to me) I've been distracted by another idea that I think is better. My new game [link=http://boards.theforce.net/role_playing_forum/b10328/29690135/p1/?0]Man Cubs[/link] is now up. :)

25. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Teaser, Trailer, probably a Prologue leading into the games, but no discussion, I would say. GMs have a thread where they can bring in creative output to advertise their games.

Then people can discuss it here, and if GMs want them too, why not even link it from there . . .

My two cents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.