main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV RPG Epilogue: Vanguard of a New Era (conclusion)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Jun 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Axia cant believe what she is seeing, after everything that happened on the planet...to just open some mysterious box...unthinkable.

Axia reaches out with the force to brush the contents of the box, to see if theres any inherent danger.

Sense 18+2=20

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    You sense no danger, but you do sense... something. Barely there in the force. It is unlike anything you have ever sensed before.

Do you say anything?

3. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    "Mother...do you sense that?"

4. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    "Yes, odd..."

Dyson says in a low voice, full of wonder "That feels familiar"

Kleff says loudly "Enough already! What is it??"

Kal looks at all of you and says, "I don't know!"

He reaches in and pulls out an object that reflects the light in the room with a golden hue. It is a geometric box made up of some kind of metal, the surface of which is made of a gold substance swirled into black. As if someone melted a gold metal and black metal together, and while swirling them together, flash cooled it, freezing the pattern. On some of the sides of the object, there are some blinking lights, and tiny ports that seem to be meant as some kind of interface. Kal holds it in one hand, and then takes out a second object, which looks like a small, round petri dish. It is closed, but through the glass you see that there is something brown inside.

Whatever it was that you sense came from inside the petri dish.

5. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Axia turns to Dyson, "Familiar? How?"

6. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Dyson looks at you. "The sensation in the Force, it's barely there... but I have sensed that before, on a grander scale. It was something that existed on Ilum, that my mother said existed no where else that she knew of. It is a type of tree. This tree, and others like it grew in one grotto at the bottom of a canyon hidden away in one of the jungles... What makes this tree unique, is that somehow, it has a connection to the Force."

7. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Axia nodds her head in the direction of the box. "Whats the box for though?"

8. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Kal closes the red glossy box, and puts the geometric black and gold item on top of it. He startes feeling the sides, pushing at the blinking lights, and rotating it as he examines it. Abruptly, there is a small 'click', and some of the geometric shapes lift open on a hidden hinge. Kal looks inside, and says, "Some kind of circuitry in there, really advanced stuff, but looks like it's been grafted onto some kind of older technology... You guys want to take a look?"

9. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Axia holds out her hand. "I will, you keep moving forward with things instead of asking questions first. Dont you humans have a saying about curiosity and dead cats?" If he hands it to me I examine it closely.

10. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    He carefully picks it up, and hands it to you. You look inside (as does your mom, next to you, and Kleff and Dyson who are now hovering behind each of your shoulders). You see circuitry, and advanced technology. Hundreds, if not thousands of hair like wires link everything together. There are the pinpricks of blinking lights within. Some looks familiar, some does not.

Kleff goes, "Wooooooowww... what is it?"

Roll Intelligence.

11. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    11+1=12 Intelligence

12. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
  13. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    There are some components of this that you remember seeing before somewhere, on a workshop table somewhere, where you remember there were bits and pieces of a droid brain.

14. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Axia's eyes narrow at the device. "Thats odd, this reminds me of droid's brain somewhat. What do you think mother?" And I hand the device to her.

15. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002

Kal says, "THAT'S where I've seen that before!! The other stuff, though...."

Tira takes the device from you and says, "Yes, part of it does... yet some of it also resembles Holocron technology... yet something about this portion here..."

She takes the device and starts probing the portion right in the middle, where almost the nexus of the wires are. There is a very soft click, and the middle portion hinges open, revealing a small slot. There is nothing in the slot.

Dyson says, "It would seem that that is a receptacle for something... perhaps this device was given to you in an incomplete state?"

Kal says, "I doubt a Jedi Master Tech, one of the most advanced Techs I have ever met or even heard of, would give me something that was incomplete. But I don't know, I am not a jedi. Axia? Tira? Any ideas?"

Tira looks at you, with a cryptic expression on her face. She seems to be waiting for you to answer Kal's question. You get the feeling she is waiting to see if you can figure this out.

Roll Spot.

16. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    spot 14+6=20

Axia inspects the slot trying to see how long the object inserted into it could be and what shape the object would be. I also look around the slot for any additional clues.

17. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Good Spot!

You notice two things.

1. There is what appears to be a miniaturized holo projector mounted on the device.

2. The petri dish. No one has opened it, and you wonder if it would have something to do with the slot.

Roll Sense.

18. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Sense 9+2=11

"This looks like a minature holoprojector and this slot...had me that petri dish." Unless my sense tells me something different, I will open the dish and insert the item into the machine.

19. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    You sense actually lets you almost imperceptibly (thanks to your roll) pick up something odd in the force, but not from the petri dish- it is from the some part of the device. Nothing bad or dark, just something different. Incredibly hard to describe, but the word 'Echo' comes to mind.

It's really wierd, and something you've never sensed before.

You pick up the petri dish, and open it. Inside it is a greenish gel that coats the interior of the dish, and laying on the gel is what appears to be a seed. Is oval shaped, relatively flat, and about 2.5 inches long. It is a deep red.

You hear almost everyone around you mumble remarks of surprise at seeing the red seed.

Do you wish to do or say anything before you proceed?

20. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    OOG: Axia, did you ever go deeeeep under Mount Adega on Ilum into the tunnels, and did you see the big door at the bottom?

If you did see the big door at the bottom, or saw it's effect on lightsabers, please roll intelligence for me, and beat a 12 if you want to remmeber something and put two and two together.

21. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    OOG Never got anywhere near that door and I dont recall if Bann told me about it, I dont think he did.

IG: Axia, at the exclamations of everyone pauses and looks up. "If anyone has something to add, now is the best time." She says.

22. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Dyson says in a tone of awe, "I think I know that seed... I have never seen one, only heard of it's description, but the feeling I am getting from it through the force... I believe that is the offspring seed of one of the Force Sensitive trees of Ilum. What we are looking at may very well be the last of it's kind in the Galaxy, for I am unaware of such a tree growing anywhere else."

Tira reaches out with one hand and feels the swirled gold and black surface of the device. "Strange... she mumbles to herself."

The 1/2 of the dish you are holding that contains the seed flies from your hand, and into Tira's other hand (the one not touching the device). Tira's eyes betray that she is startled by this, even shocked.

23. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Axia still looking at the seed begins to speak. "Tell me Dyson, these force-sensitive trees of yours. Do they have alignment?"

24. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    "Alignment? If you mean as to them being evil or not, I don't believe them to be. They are not dark side trees or anything like that. I was one of the few that knew about them, and used to visit their grove, and one time, they allowed me to commune with them through the force, it was a peaceful experience, one that was in harmony with all the life that I felt in that place. From that, I can only determine that these beings are either neutral and good, or Light side and good. Does that help you?"

25. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Axia looks up at her mother. "Sorry I assumed it might be more attracted to you becuase your taint was stronger. It must be becuase you are simply stronger in the Force that attarcts it." Axia nods at the device. "If that thing activates the seed perhaps we should wait until we have somewhere to plant it. However, I kind of doubt that. Why would planting a tree require a holoprojector?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.