main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***RVD2: RYAN VS DORKMAN II -- RELEASE THREAD (SPOILERS!)***

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by DorkmanScott, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilentBat

SilentBat Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 28, 2006
    Uh oh ... um the DVD says it's unable to read when I play the commentary 1 :(

2. Wookieefett

Wookieefett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 22, 2005
    Is your sister 21? lol

3. Robi-Wan

Robi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2006
    On my DVD the commentaries were choppy and then stopped, so I didn't get to watch/hear them.

4. SilentBat

SilentBat Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 28, 2006
    I've gone through the whole thing and the one thing that just plain stopped on my was the first commentary but I think I can deal.

5. Jophis

Jophis Jedi Master star 3

Aug 19, 2000
    I can't believe this thread is still in the top 25 posts..... sheesh. I think I will come back in another 2 years. And still see some post about Ryan vs Dorkman 28. LOL.

6. ShadowDuelist

ShadowDuelist Jedi Master star 4

Sep 21, 2006
    Fixed it for you. :p

Its been resurrected at least once a month so far. It may become tradition, or something.

7. Laszlo

Laszlo Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2006
    Hah! I didn't realize they actualy did list me on IMDB as 'executive soundtrack producer'. Sweet. *updates resume*

Thank guys. [face_dancing]

8. Vidina

Vidina Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    got my copy last week, same issues as Robi-wan. Comments are choppy, and apple dvd player skips the broken parts.

however, all in all, I'm satisfied with it.

9. StevenBills

StevenBills Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2006
    You're satisfied with a broken DVD? What if you'd boughten a *real movie at the store and it was 'broken'?

You would probably take it back and complain.

SB

*not fanfilm

10. Vidina

Jan 11, 2006
    It's their first DVD. It's excusable. Not acceptable, but excusable.

11. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    We tested the DVD master for compatibility on every system we could think of -- XBOX 360, PS2, PS3, set-top DVD player, computer DVD drive -- and there were no problems. We have had reports of occasional problems (I guess there's some kind of funky code somewhere in the Commentary 1 "Track") but it's not everyone as far as we know, and all the discs were struck from the same master, so I don't know what else we could have done.

12. Robi-Wan

Robi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2006
    This little problem doesn't bother me at all. I never watch/listen to the commentaries anyway.

13. Jophis

Aug 19, 2000
    no dude, I was actually thinking by then there might be an RvD 28...

14. Vidina

Jan 11, 2006
    not likely, but there will be an RvD 3 ;)

It's alright, as Robin, I don't really listen to commentaries anyways. They tend to be boring. All the other stuff was kick-ass though. Insane amounts of invisible effects, and that's always great :)

15. Sith-Man

Sith-Man Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 19, 2004
    Are they using my storyline? :D

(if you don't know what that is, it's a few pages into the thread...)

16. DorkmanScott

Mar 26, 2001
    I checked the first half of this thread and couldn't find it.

At any rate, no. We're not even 100% certain that we'll be doing a storyline at all, and if we do, I already have a thought toward what it will be.

17. Laszlo

Laszlo Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2006
    Maybe you're thinking the prequel 28 Ryans Later.

18. Kaat

Kaat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 5, 2004
    ... there's gonna be RvD 3? o_O

Makes me feel kinda lame, dunno.

19. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Man.
    Stop being so good at the improvisational movie title bit. That's like your thing this week.

You haven't been paying much attention to this thread, have you?

-Vaportrail

20. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 8, 2001
    I have it on good authority that RVD3 and RVD4 are being filmed back to back. Ok, I'm lying.

21. Kaat

Kaat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 5, 2004
    I guess I kinda lost interest after the fourth page of "whoa awesome!!!!1111oneoneone".

22. DK_Force85

DK_Force85 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    It's okay. Just don't forget to make a fake teaser for RVD3.

23. Jophis

Aug 19, 2000
    See the way I heard it was that they were going to film RvD3, then rename 1, 2, 3 to 4, 5, 6 then come back and re-film 1, 2, 3 as prequels.......

24. elemental_fantasy

elemental_fantasy Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2006
    ^^^ ROFL

The DVD issues sounds pretty serious, as Mike said, your buying the thing for the features, not the movies as they are free, so if your commentary's are off, thats half the DVD features (that I really look forward to) right there. But overall, with as much stuff on the DVD as Mike said, all the commentary stuff probably would be covered in other documentary sections like most DVD's.

Aren't you the same guy who told me RVD1 and 2 has a story? lol, I say keep it consistent, no storyline. But you could do some pretty cool stuff with a story line as long as it ties in the first two, just thinkin aloud.

25. DorkmanScott

Mar 26, 2001
    Only one commentary seems to have a problem, and that's (at most) 10 minutes out of nearly 5 hours of content. Hardly what I'd call "half the features".

Still, we've heard from a few more people re: the troubles with Commentary 1 on the DVDs. Although we still haven't been able to replicate the problem on all our players, and while we expect that we would be hearing a LOT more about it if the issue were more prevalent, we have found that the DVD does have trouble with that particular track on a number of players. We have also determined that some people are missing up to a minute of the commentary when the DVD skips ahead, and a very small number of people can't get Commentary 1 to play at all.

So, since we can't guarantee compatibility with everyone's player on that particular track, we decided to make Commentary 1 available on YouTube. Those of you still on the fence about buying can get a gander at a little bit more of the content available on the DVDs and see if it floats your boat. This will be the final content upload we'll be doing from the DVD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.