main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo SCERA theatre, opening day developments

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by darthshine, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthshine

darthshine Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2001
    Hey, everyone should come out to the SCERA to get in line for Star Wars. We are having a big party on Wednesday the 15th, we are having a costume contest, trivia contest, food, and a fan film screening in the theatre. We are still planning and working with a number of local radio stations to have them get involved (citadel entertainment, which owns 107.5) and we are trying to get KJZZ involved too.

The SCERA is THE place to be for opening night. And we are going to line up some free passes for opening night for people that want to come in costume and help usher people.

If there are any other suggestions for activites we would love to hear them. Please stop by and get in line. SCERA needs all of the community support it can get, and it's the last of a dying breed of theatre that isn't some screwed up multi-plex. Besides it has the biggest screen in the valley, the best sound in the state and the biggest auditorium (750 seats) in the state.

So please come out, we are working hard to make this the place to be.

Bryan Young and the guys from Shinebox Motion Pictures.

See you at the SCERA

2. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    Thank you for letting us know about the developments, Paul. Please keep us posted on all the opening day festitivies!

Postscript: I just spoke to Bryan Young, who is the SCERA representative for the line up and activities for the midnight showing. We have been offered free passes for the midnight showing and a showing on Friday night if we are willing to come and usher in costume both nights. This would be in addition to the PTC appearance. Imagine it, folks. Free passes to see it three days in a row. I believe the offer of passes for the week following at the SCERA is also still on the table.

Opinions? To be totally frank, I think this would be a better deal for us.

3. Renegade4E

Renegade4E Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2002
    Sounds good to me! After the picnic last night, me and my girlfriend stopped by the Scera to talk to the people camping out there and it seemed like a great atmosphere. And free is a good thing.

4. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings guys,

Hey Paul, I stopped by the line on last Friday night at 10pm to see you guys. I went and asked the guys in the tents if Paul and Bryan were around. They said you guys had left a few hours earlier.

Sorry I missed you. :(

I think that this is great that the Scera Theater is doing this. The Scera is the Grand Theater of Utah County and I hope it stays around for a long time. Everyone here should give the Scera your support for this event.

Sorry I can't be there with my cosutmes. You guys have no idea how much this is eating me up that I can't be there. :(

Later,

5. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    I don't really have an opinion either way, just so long as I get to wear my costume and be seen =)

6. _JediKnight_

_JediKnight_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2002
    I would love to join the line but I can't be there all day everyday until it comes out. I hope I will be able to check it out sometime and see what you guys are up to.

7. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    It's not required that we be there all day every day. In fact, it would work best if we could divide the time up between all of us. Who can commit to spend an hour or two every day down at the line to ensure that we'll get in early? Right now there are 36 people ahead of our group.

There is also the incentive of Spiderman being available for viewing as of this Friday. We can pitch a tent down at the line and then pop in to see Spiderman...and we'll still be considered as being in line.

If we're going to change opening day locations, we'll need to get on this right away. I can take a tent down and get the line started.

8. DarthScud

DarthScud Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    As far as I know LucasFilm hasn't made an annoucement yet but when will Scera start selling tickets for the midnight show?

Will it be the 15th, if so, what time does the box office open (I have no class Tuesday but class on Wednsday at 1:00), or will it be the yet undetermined date that tickets generally go on sale?

Edit: just read your post navaren. I'm quitingmy job in about 4 hours and just going to school so I could help with a line contingency at some odd hours (i.e. morning).

9. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    From what I understand, the tickets at the SCERA will go on sale May 9.

10. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    Whichever the group decides is fine with me. Course I'm sorry I can't stand in line, we have weddings most of this month and bridal showers to plan for my sister next month. NO ONE GET MARRIED, IT'S NOT WORTH THE HASSILE. Okay that was my two scents.

11. _JediKnight_

_JediKnight_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2002
    Thats a good plan to go for an hour or two each day. I wouldn't be able to help out everyday but I could probably help out a couple days a week and I have a few friends that would probably be willing to help out. I will let you know more when I find out my schedule and if my friends can help.

12. Boraccio

Boraccio Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2001
    Tiffany is currently in line at the Scera theater. Anyone is welcome and encouraged to go and join her and the rest of the crew.

13. Renegade4E

Mar 2, 2002
    Yay! I currently don't have a job and probably could sit out there all day BUT I NEED a job so I'm spending some time looking for one (pretty much what I did yesterday and today). However, I would love to come out and spend some time before this weekend (going home for the weekend for my brother's wedding)! And my girlfriend wants to chill out there with me, too (she's the best).

14. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I wanna sit out there. :( Blasted weddings and birthday parties. Not that I don't mind the birthday parties, especially when they are mine. :D But I think it's fun to stand in line and get to know people. Course we could see how annoying I could become and see if I can scare people out of their places in line.

15. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    whichever theater we decide to go to I can make up some pinata's for it. Well for the little kids I mean. They really aren't that hard to make, I have a few ideas on ones I can do. I already know how to do a Darth Maul, I can figure out a Yoda one and a Clone Trooper wouldn't be that hard to make. I think I could try and R2 as well. As long as I have a picture I can do it. What do you guys think?

16. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    I think that would be fabulous, as long as we can keep the adults away. ;)

We now have a tent set up at the SCERA. Our tent is the first tent after the walkway, heading towards the gardens. It is currently covered with a large blue tarp, and is staked to the ground....we couldn't get it to stay up any other way. If you go into it, you will find a sign which says "Provo/Orem Fan Force". Please put this sign out on the side facing the street while you are there. Also, please don't forget to sign in when you get there. There is a liability waiver each of us need to sign...just to protect the Scera.

Feel free to drop in and out....that's how I'll be doing it. I will most likely be there for a couple of hours each night, just hanging around. Feel free to bring chairs and make yourselves comfortable...but please, don't damage the tent. It's the only one I've got. ;)

17. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    Just heard from Bryan.....we have 20 passes for the midnight showing, provided that we help usher. We will also be eligible for Scera passes over the next few days, but we will need to go in a couple at a time per day. The theatre has to pay for those passes, so we need to go as easy on them as possible. We can set up some kind of a schedule if that would be helpful.

I should be down at the line tonight around 5:30 or 6:00 pm, but that's largely dependent on whether or not I can get rid of my migraine. Wish me luck.

18. Renegade4E

Mar 2, 2002
    You're awesome Navaren! I think me and Trisha will come over tonight about that same time and hang out as well. :)

19. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    okay. I know things have been said several times, but I'm <i>still</i> fuzzy.

Tiffany, could you please list out all of the activities in chronological order so I can keep track of what is when?

20. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    Not a problem, Adam.

May 1-May 15
    Each person needs to spend a little time down in the lineup at the Scera. Just look for the staked down tent with the big blue tarp....and I might be around as well.

May 15- 6:00 pm
    Gathering in costume at the Scera. We will be working as ushers until 11:30 pm, at which time we will be seated for the midnight showing of Episode 2. There are twenty passes available, which seems to fit our needs at this time. We had 18 participants at last count (according to my list for the PTC appearance).

May 16- Opening Day
    I have not made any group arrangements for this day. You're on your own for this one.

May 17
    We have been invited to help usher at the Scera in exchange for passes, but we will need to go in groups of two per day from now until next weekend. This is something I may not be participating in.

May 18- 2:00 pm (time may be subject to change)
    Gathering in costume at the PTC. We will be mingling with the crowd, acting as ushers, roaming AOTC theatres before showings, and generally being available to the crowd. We will be given our passes at the conclusion of this event.

The people I have as participating in this event are as follows:
    Michael (boraccio)
    Tiffany (navaren)
    Aimee
    James (these two are members of the group recently returned from Brazil)
    Dantana
    Marold
    Josh, friend of Marold (gave at the blood drive)
    Marna_Veigh
    Husband of Marna
    Sinister Raven (who hasn't attended any of the activities as far as I know)
    Corrin_Wyndryder (or however you spell your ID ;) )
    Benjamin (General something or other)
    Adam (spoo)
    Ryan (Sprry 75)
    Matt (Renegade)
    Tricia
    _jediknight_

Any other questions, just let me know.

21. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Sinister_Raven and Josh are the same person. We will try and get down there to sit for awhile either Sunday or Monday. I wish I could hang out more but but finals and weddings get in the way.

I just found out from Josh that he may not make it on the 18. But I'm checking on it, if not then I can find someone else to take his ticket though.

22. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    Okay....then perhaps we only have 17. Marold, just keep me informed.

23. shantelle8

shantelle8 Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2002
    As far as Opening Day a group of us do have some things planned, I only hope I can get my costume done in time... We'll see I guess. I am acutally considering an attempted Amidala costume...(EEK!) So if anyone needs to go that morning, email me or Tiffany knows the details if you will see her before you see me. Thanks, Shantelle

shantelle8@aol.com

24. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I may have a Death Star Leia costume for someone to borrow, but you'll have to get your own silver belt. If you want more details about it PM me. I also have the wig as well.

25. Jayce

Jayce Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2001
    Well, since the esteemed Handyman left with *my* (just kidding) Fett outfit I simply don't have anything to wear ;D, but would like to make it down to scera on the 15th at least (especially for free tickets). Anybody know of anything available?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.