main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

School Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Mojave Desert, CA' started by Stridarious, Feb 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    I heard that California is one of the most expensive College States in the US.

2. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    I've heard that too, but i frankly don't care! [face_laugh] *grumbles* Most colleges suck...*stops grumbling* I have awhile to wait before college and...I don't want to go to college anyway! Lol Not even Junior College. *shrugs* There's nothing wrong with that either.

3. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    That may be true for some colleges, but not for all! 8-}

4. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2003
    Even if you think that college is far off you should still plan out the stuff you need or like me you could end up behind schedule a bit. I know what college I want to go to this fall but i'm not sure how i'm going to pay for it all. I have some scholarships and grants but I have to figure out some payments for student loans and things like that. I was advised to take care of this when I was a Freshman or at least start it but I didn't begin to do this stuff until the middle of my Junior year. Plan early so you can plan well. This is my advise to all underclassmen.

5. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    I am already planning, for me I have that same problem as you Jedi_Knight_Seifer No dough to get me there. Although it only costs $20,000 and if I atleast get $12,000 in grants I should be more then fine. :) For I want to go to New Hope so bad!! And if I cannot I might just cry! :( :_|

6. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Yeah I know what you mean. Money plays a big part but I've been looking into colleges as I've said. I've looked at Brooks College in California, Cornell University, The Art Institute of Pittsburgh, Wade College and one other one. I know I'm going into the arts and that' for sure. :)

7. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    Yeah, I can get like a scholarship to art school or something, very cheap for me. I don?t know what I?m going to do yet...

8. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    I'm going to get my degree in film and pastoral/consueling. Maybe even acting. 8-}

9. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Acting I've been looking into too which it is in the arts. :)

10. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Yeah its a great line of work, its just that you really need to be able to take stress in that field. Same as in Diecting. I know you will go far Mertroid :)

11. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Feb 24, 2003
    I plan on going in to some sort of animation. Either cartoon or digital. The two colleges that I have in mind are Collins Colege in AZ or Ithaca in NY. Both of them are well respected schools and could get me far in life if I work it right. So far Collins looks to be the cheaper one plus its closer to home and all. This where I could go for both cartoon and digital animation. Itaca is more expensive but it is an extremely well known institute for art. They have one of the best art programs in the US.

12. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Oh that's neat. But let's just say for me I'm having the worst trouble deciding on what to do. I mean I've looked into fashion designing, comic book business and drawing the characters and all, acting, singing, broadway, illustrating, so much! I just know it's gonna be the arts! :D

13. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Hey! Ithaca in NY, that sounds so familiar... [face_laugh] well, everyone here seems to know to some degree what they want to do with their life. I know at some point I want to be able to help others, for I love to do that. So pastoring and Directing fits right into that spot. I could have ministering shows and be apart of the 700 club, for all I know. :) Where ever God wants me.

14. JacenHornSolo

JacenHornSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 29, 2002
    Yeah, another day off from school! I'm still sick!!! =p

I still have to do chemistry, though. It's due tomorrow... :(

15. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Oh thats a bummer :( . Well, try and get better, and hopefully you pass that test.

16. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    The worst subject for me is Math. It's boring and I just don't get it. Science is alright. Biology I'm good at but Earth Science not really. Oh well. Watching Star Wars helped me pass a test one time. lol :D
    If they had a movie and music trivia class or Star Wars I would ACE IT! lol :D

17. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    What Mertroid just said, is me.

18. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Now, what you just said Mertroid is most definately true, you could really ace a Star Wars class easily. I mean you act out the entire film! [face_laugh] . And I agree with both you and Jedi_Daniel Math is not my best subject!

19. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    I know. If school were that kind of stuff it'd be so much easier comparing to a foreign language with equations and all. If we were to create a school I think we'd have it all those type of subjects, movie trivia, Star Wars, etc. :D

20. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Yes, that ould be one cool school :cool: Mertroid on the count that we run it.

21. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Oh yeah. :cool:
    Maybe someday a school will be created for that sort of stuff. I'll just keep dreaming until it happens! lol [face_laugh]
    :D
    Hey it could happen. :D

22. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Feb 24, 2003
    Math has always been easy for me. Actually most of school has. Its just that I don't see the point of homework. So sometimes I don't do it and it gets me in trouble.

23. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    I know, Homework seems to be pointless. i mean why do we have it? to test our skills?

24. Jodo-Fett

Jodo-Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    I know you guys wished you were at my school, besides having cops and security guards.

One kid for handcuffed and tooken away because he had a big bag of weed and a knife and a airsoft gun that looked real.

Then the next day a SWAT TEAM visited our school grounds after school was out and they busted a drug deal.

25. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Um... [face_shocked] I mean what else can IU say? [face_shocked] well, that about sums it all up! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.