main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Season 3 of Clone Wars confirmed at TOS!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth_Hydra, Jun 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KfistoRox

KfistoRox Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2002
    This is awesome news, but I don't really think they can top episode 19.

2. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I agree with you, KfistoRox, but hey. who knows?

I just had a brilient I dea that I know won't happen. My idea is that the lst episode is right before Episode 3, and the very end happens a second before the first scene in 3, wouldn't that rock?

3. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Yup, that would |20xx0|2Z largely!!

But you're right, it's highly unlikely :(

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

4. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    The Clone Wars will be over after Episode III?
    Yeah, that's when the war ends. I think that he meant another Clone Wars series done right after the movie is released. I think that they're going to turn their attention from the clone wars after episode III though.

5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm so happy that a season 3 has become official. I knew that if they did another season, it would be for next year and it would have been from the ending of chapter 20 on through the Labryinth of Evil novel and the 5-parter of dark horse comics. The great thing is that it all leads right up to Episode 3.
    I doubt they'll do more clone war cartoons since the war is over, but just the fact that we get another hour long makes me druel. Star Wars is a visual medium and it deserves all the representations.

6. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Yes, part one of my evil plot has succedded! Create a clone wars season 3 and make all the ppl rejoice. Now if I can succede in the second part: Getting the Small Screne Banner back to what it was when the clone wars were running.

But seriously, does anyone think Padme will be in season 3?

7. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Maybe we will see a showdown between the Jedi and Ventress and/ or Durge? Some new designs like our two battle worn Jedi Anakin and Obi Wan, the new Jedi Starfighters, the new Clone-/ Stormtroopers?

I'm gone for a weekend and you forget about posting spoilers? NO SPOILERS. No hints of spoilers. Thanks!

8. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    Edited into irrelevancy from above.

9. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Edited into quasi-irrelevancy from above.

10. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Isn't it three?

Yes, I loved that line. ;)

I would relly like to see Grevious really getting on the nerves of Durge, then Durge can't take it any more and tries to kill Grevious, then we see some more of Grevious' power, and he defeats Durge easly, but decides to spare his life... this time. ;) That would give the Durge vs. Grevious fans some excitement.

You listening Tartakovsky? :)

11. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    The Marketing info just said some sweet stuff!!!!!!!! TEN Twelve Minute Chapters!!!!!!! That's awesome!!!!! We're getting twice as many?!?! This can't be a mistake!!!

12. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    Yea, I can't wait to watch this batch of cartoons!

13. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    This can't be a mistake!!!

Why not?

If it's not a mistake, I think the other 5 chapters will be exclusively for HS members, as Paul Ens hinted about exclusive cartoon material a while back.

14. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    The OS said that there are 5, I believe that number more. They are allready spoiling us, why spoil us more?

15. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    I doubt they'll be exclusive. That'd be stupid. Most likely it's all planned for CN. It's kinda hard to mess up Ten and Five Unless who wrote that was an idiot, LMAO. We'll see in March and April.

16. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I had heard rumours about this but hadn't really checked into it until now. I'm very happy about it! Especially about them being 12 minute episodes. Excellent! This will mean that Clone Wars, when all is said and done, will be a two-hour cartoon series. That's sweet! It's like a whole movie's worth of stuff on the wars, which was needed.

-sj loves kevin spacey

17. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    I hope these Eps show Anakin being named a Jedi Knight.

18. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Probably won't happen - I reckon that will take place in the "Jedi Trial" novel.

19. AnaKanned_Food

AnaKanned_Food Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 20, 2003
    Found this article on the third season on sci fi wire:

Genndy Tartakovsky, producer of the animated Clone Wars series for Cartoon Network, revealed that upcoming episodes of the series will feature longer segments and tie in to the upcoming theatrical feature Star Wars: Episode III?Revenge of the Sith, the Chicago Sun-Times reported. "We're doing 12-minute episodes this time, as opposed to the three-minute episodes last time," Tartakovsky said. "It really allows us to open up both character development and action."

Tartakovsky added that the five new chapters will relate to information that appears in the traditional opening scroll crawl in Episode III. The shorts will also feature a new character, General Grievous, who will "be the new villain in Episode III." Cartoon Network begins airing the new episodes on March 21, 2005.

From Sci Fi Wire

20. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I really hope that they will release a DVD with all CW episodes cut together into one 2 hour feature. That would fit nicely between AOTC and ROTS on the movie shelf! :D

21. ben_07

ben_07 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    GREAT!

I hope Chapter 21 starts with Count Dooku hosting a meeting with all the main Separists on the Separist capital. This will include Asaji Ventres, Nute Gunray, Durge, General Grievous, and all the Separist leaders. It will be great to see them all together! They will talk about how the war is going, including San Hill retelling the fall of Muunlist, and GG telling the others about the fall of Hypori, but that the surviving Jedi escaped when Mace Windu came, and show it in a flashback scene. General Grievous will get into an argument with Durge and Asaji, fight will start, GG defeats them, but Dooku orders him to spare them. Then they'll reveal some great new plan to destroy the Republic, and the rest of the episode will show Anakin (in his Episode 3 look) and Obi-wan fighting together aginst the Confederacy as friends on some new planet, showing how much closer they've grown.

What do you think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.